Is Hennessey considered top ( ) gambling?

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember Henn playing SVB even and almost getting the money 15 yrs ago.
Yeah but in the long run its not even close.

Pool is crazy like that.

The best player in the state looks like a chump against anyone in the top 30...

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I met a guy at a big tournament recently who told me Justin is planning to get back in the mix soon.
I hope it's true.
It's unfortunate.
I tried everything I could a few years back to get him a nice pay day, free trip, and free ride to Turning Stone with everything covered....absolutely impossible.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember Henn playing SVB even and almost getting the money 15 yrs ago.
that's a LONG time ago for a pool player. iirc Henny had a bad car/bike wreck and took a while just to play again. plus he ain't any younger. last time i saw him gamble high was in tunica in '12.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
that's a LONG time ago for a pool player. iirc Henny had a bad car/bike wreck and took a while just to play again. plus he ain't any younger. last time i saw him gamble high was in tunica in '12.
He played a pretty big set last year with Patsura. 10ball on the 9 foot. Play was fairly even. Patsura broke much better, and often followed a rack win with a B&R. Henney almost never made a ball on the break, so he could not get any momentum. The break advantage affected the score greatly iirc.

Scared to travel or do anything....
I've been told it's nothing to do with covid. I was told that he is on a dark road, I was on that road before ( clean 6 years now), but from what I understand he dosen't want to leave home because of addiction. Yes I said it. I would think that's why he wont travel because of fear of getting ( busted) or not being able to feed his addiction away from home. There was a video that surfaced last year of him playing in a guy's house and he is wearing a mask I would assume that his teeth could be bad and he doesn't want to show them. I truly hope he can get his life together. It would be awsome to see him back out playing to boot

railbird25

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Before that wreck he was playing the best he ever has. At that time Shane was probably the only American who was a favorite (especially at his pool room). He's got a ton of heart and gamble and is honestly a pretty good guy who has let his emotions get the best of him at times. He's still very capable of of getting the cash but has never been the same since that wreck.