PDA

View Full Version : Tips for staying at the Rio.

Papa Red
05-20-2013, 02:19 PM
We stayed at the Rio last week during the ACS to accumulate points for the upcoming BCA.

Here are a couple of tips for saving money!

1. The internet fee is $13.95 per device. I made my phone a hot spot that I can turn on & off for $19.95 per month thought Sprint. We used both computers and my wife's phone with no problems.

2. They provide a Keurig single cup coffee maker in the room. The cost for coffee is $8 per 3 packs (3 small cups). Go to Walmart and buy them 20 for like $15.

The Rio is nice and the rooms are big, but we did not hear of any winner while we were there. We played everyday but never really hit anything worth mentioning, just built up points.

Good luck all!

cardiac kid
05-21-2013, 08:08 PM
Hey Papa,

Which ACS events did you play? Had some fun playing 9 Ball, Advanced Scotch Doubles and Advanced 8 Ball. Thought it was a great event. Was slightly difficult to get to the tournament area if you didn't stay at the Trop. Saturday and Sunday I had to park way out back and walk all the way around the parking garage. Monday and Tuesday I parked "out front". The area had been closed off for the weekend crowd attending the pool and supper club.

See you at the BCAPL's!

Lyn

Papa Red
05-24-2013, 02:35 PM
Hey Papa,

Which ACS events did you play? Had some fun playing 9 Ball, Advanced Scotch Doubles and Advanced 8 Ball. Thought it was a great event. Was slightly difficult to get to the tournament area if you didn't stay at the Trop. Saturday and Sunday I had to park way out back and walk all the way around the parking garage. Monday and Tuesday I parked "out front". The area had been closed off for the weekend crowd attending the pool and supper club.

See you at the BCAPL's!

Lyn

I played 9 ball and super seniors division.

TX Poolnut
08-10-2013, 03:53 PM
I hit a $12.00 jackpot on a penny slot machine at the Rio.

CHA CHING!! :thumbup: