Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Blogs
Reload this Page Shooter08
Old

What "Mods" have you made to your favorite playing cue and why?

Posted 05-06-2016 at 10:01 PM by Shooter08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Player View Post
I sanded the shaft down a little to where I liked it. Also took off the linen wrap and put on a black lizard wrap myself. I was a little nervous about doing it but it came out great.
Then to top it off I cut off the Kamui tip and glued on one of Pooldawgs Milkdud tips.
Elastic hair tie. When Scott gave a lesson I played wrapless, he positioned the hair tie on my cue so I knew what was correct for my stroke. It was ingrained in a short period of time. Thx Scott.
Runde Aficianado
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2999 Comments 1 Shooter08 is offline Edit Tags
Old

Shaft sanding!!

Posted 02-14-2016 at 12:40 PM by Shooter08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealegs50 View Post
You may be referring to a post I made recently. The cuemaker was Dan Janes. He wasn't asking a general question. He noticed when running the shafts through his fingers that they appeared to have the original taper. So he said (IIRC), "You haven't sanded these shafts, have you?". When I said "no", he responded with "thank you".

I believe my post also provided a comment from Laurie Franklin, who I called soon after buying a South West cue in 1991.
Runde Aficianado
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1587 Comments 0 Shooter08 is offline Edit Tags
Old

Good Action List

Posted 02-21-2015 at 04:28 PM by Shooter08

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_bruner View Post
wow thanks guys. means a lot to know people like my money
I just saw I'm on the list. I have to be honest, I feel pretty damn good about it. May not mean much to others, but thanks guys.
Runde Aficianado
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1956 Comments 0 Shooter08 is offline Edit Tags