World Snooker Professional Championship 2013

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
12 to 1???:rolleyes:
If the Hawk was even money to win every frame....the odds would be 512 to 1.

I wonder what Skybet does in their leisure time...club baby seals?

thats what i said?

How desperate are these people to gamble that actually give them action???

I'm about to go open a book with better rates, i might need a few body guards but these books, william hill as well are raping people.

Even the mob in vegas in the 50's and 60's had competitive pricing and the gamblers(without the internet) were wise enough to bet value WOW!!

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
12 to 1???:rolleyes:
If the Hawk was even money to win every frame....the odds would be 512 to 1.

I wonder what Skybet does in their leisure time...club baby seals?
(It's 14-1 now on Skybet.)
Well, not quite 512-1. That would be if the final session had a score of 8-0. And it would only be 255-1, since it is a "race to 18" and Hawkins has 10. To find the "correct" odds, you have to consider all the possible paths to an 18-somethingless score for Hawkins. For 50-50 frame chances, I get fair odds of about 18:1. Perhaps they are taking into account that Ronnie is occasionally "mercurial." Or perhaps the seal population is down.

I think bookies really don't like lop-sided matches as it's hard to get the bets balanced on each side.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I see that they are offering 300-1 for a sweep by Hawkins. You have your chance, pt109!

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
(It's 14-1 now on Skybet.)
Well, not quite 512-1. That would be if the final session had a score of 8-0. And it would only be 255-1, since it is a "race to 18" and Hawkins has 10. To find the "correct" odds, you have to consider all the possible paths to an 18-somethingless score for Hawkins. For 50-50 frame chances, I get fair odds of about 18:1. Perhaps they are taking into account that Ronnie is occasionally "mercurial." Or perhaps the seal population is down.

I think bookies really don't like lop-sided matches as it's hard to get the bets balanced on each side.
Thanx, Bob....I was just thinking of 9 in a row....and it's 512 FOR 1.
I wasn't doing any higher math..forgot that Ronnie can win 3 games and lose.

I'm feeling for the Hawk here..he's got heart....but the Rocket is just a better player.

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ronnie O'Sullivan 15 V 12 Barry Hawkins

When Ronnie missed that red I thought he's human after all and Barry posts another frame . Is the comeback on ?

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
he plays good from behind, not sure if he can win, but should keep it interesting.

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ronnie O'Sullivan 16 V 12 Barry Hawkins

Barry's turn to miss the red and Ronnie post's a frame and is 2 frames away from another title.

Skybet odds :

1/40 Ronnie Barry 11/1

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
250-1 and 25-1 wow thats the worst line i ever saw in my life, these books are stick-up joints.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
game over he potted 1986 balls in the past 17 days to win and exactly 7000 points.

IMO Hawkins pushed him a bit harder than carter did.

the best part of the whole thing is when Hazel interviewed him and he said "You know me, i'm up and down like a whores drawers", that has to be the best line I ever heard from anyone in any sport after winning the big event!!!!

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Comeback Kid !

Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Just when you thought that you had seen it all before at the Crucible along comes the return of Ronnie O'Sullivan.

Well it just looked like a continuation from last years Final.

Just like he was never away.

Grasshopper say...

Ronnie O'Sullivan your one heck of a player !

The Big Lebowski said...

Ronnie O'Sullivan , man that dude's good !

I say...

Ronnie O'Sullivan that was pretty much a flawless display of Snooker !

Congratulation Ronnie O'Sullivan . World Snooker Champion 2013 ! :wink::D:cool::thumbup:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The Rocket can't quit now....one more title to tie Davis...
....two more to tie Hendry.

Three more for a modern record

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Totally agree !

The Rocket can't quit now....one more title to tie Davis...
....two more to tie Hendry.

Three more for a modern record

Ronnie O'Sullivan makes the game of Snooker look way too easy and at the age of 37 he could easily beat the record books just like the way he ripping up the record books on century breaks at the Crucible ! :wink::cool:

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's not over until the fat lady sings

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/22188014

So the bookie's make Ronnie O'Sullivan the favourite and the tipster's tip him to win and the player's have sounded him out to win so let's give the Trophy and the Title of World Snooker Champion 2013 to Ronnie O'Sullivan."That concludes our coverage for this season on the BBC and we will see you next season for more Snooker action." said Hazel Irvine.

Hmm,

That's how it's coming across to me.It's like they have turned The World Snooker championships 2012 into The Ronnie O'Sullivan Show !

I thought if the Scotbet bookie is open I'm gonna shove a quid on Marcus Cambpell but it was closed.Might be a quid save.If anybody can do it it's Ronnie but I think I will go against the grain with my selection.;)

In a way they were all calling it for Ronnie O'Sullivan before it all begun.Well right now the Fat lady is probably singing Tina Turner's Simply The Best ! ;):D:cool::thumbup:

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rocket Ronnie Ready To Roll !

The one and only Jeff Anderson from the Sporting Life returns with his latest prediction :

http://www.sportinglife.com/snooker/news/article/663/8648729/rocket-ronnie-ready-to-roll

I dunno how Jeff selects his tips but...

O'Sullivan unsure about his defence :

http://www.sportinglife.com/snooker/news/article/663/8643229/osullivan-unsure-about-his-defence

Murphy:Don't write off the Rocket :

http://www.sportinglife.com/snooker/news/article/663/8647732/murphy-dont-write-off-rocket

O#Sullivan gets creative boost :

http://www.sportinglife.com/snooker/news/article/663/8649267/osullivan-gets-creative-boost

Best of luck to everyone who has a bet.:cool::wink::grin:

Even Jeff Anderson at The Sporting Life tipped up Ronnie O'Sullivan so well done to him ! :eek::rolleyes::D:cool::thumbup:

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
8 Ball Game !

8 frames from another title...:wink:

When the 8/1 odds for Ronnie O'Sullivan way back in Feb became 1/8 I thought these pesky bookies are at it here.It takes two to make the final and the bookies are calling it a one sided final.They said that Barry Hawkins was an 80/1 outsider before the tournament began.So when Barry Hawkins knocked in that 88 break.I thought Wow that wild call on the Correct Frame score is gonna happen...:thumbup: