best tables?

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agree

Diamond, hands down:thumbup:

I have owned 4 tables my current table is a Dymondwood Blue Label, it is head and shoulders above the rest.Most of the rooms in my area had Brunswicks both Gold Crowns and Anniversary's they did not compare to the Diamond.

joyren

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
just want to ask if there is still BN Brunswick tables around, heard that the company is shutting down? dont know if it is true?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Glen,,,

How does the Diamond compare to the steel framed tables such as Kim Steel or Gabriels in your opinion ??

Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,Alan,,,,,

lets put it this way, i'd pass on owning either one of them as an option to owning a diamond, to many reasons to list.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Glen,,,

How does the Diamond compare to the steel framed tables such as Kim Steel or Gabriels in your opinion ??

Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,Alan,,,,,

I don't knock anyone that already owns one, but Gabriels has way to much MDF built into them, rail skirts, leg pedestals, paint chips off, steel frame or not, they still have frame sag, try correcting it and the rail bolts pull the slate down between levelers, ...uugh

Kim's...alumimum rails, staple channels to staple the cloth to, steel frame, still sags, no resale value with either table...uugh!

Last edited:

putt-putt44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glen,,,,,,,,

I don't knock anyone that already owns one, but Gabriels has way to much MDF built into them, rail skirts, leg pedistals, paint chips off, steel frame or not, they still have frame sag, try correcting it and the rail bolts pull the slate down between levelers, ...uugh

Kim's...alumimum rails, staple channels to staple the cloth to, steel frame, still sags, no resale value with either table...uugh!

Glen,,,,

Good to know and thanks again,,,,but what's MDF ??

Alan,,,,,

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Glen,,,,

Good to know and thanks again,,,,but what's MDF ??

Alan,,,,,

MDF= medium density fiber board...meaning particle board, only with smaller wood particles, same thing most table manufactures line to bottoms of the slate with to staple the cloth to, only after about 5 recoveries it blows apart and won't hold staples anymore.

putt-putt44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MDF= medium density fiber board...meaning particle board, only with smaller wood particles, same thing most table manufactures line to bottoms of the slate with to staple the cloth to, only after about 5 recoveries it blows apart and won't hold staples anymore.

Hey Glen,,,,

Thanks,,,,never too old to learn something new,,,,

One day Glen,,,you should write a book on your experiences on the road ''CobraZizing'' tables and all the trials and tribulations you've had come your way,,,,,,

You gotta have some great stories,,,,,,,!!

Thanks again for the wonderful insight,,,,,,,,!!

Alan,,,,,,,,,,

owll

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if your going to get a 9' foot table, id definitely go with a diamond....gold crowns and diamonds play fairly different, and since bigger tournaments seem to be mostly diamond tables, that makes diamond a better choice, for me anyway....i prefer the way diamonds play to gold crowns (and i have about 20 years exp playing on gold crowns and still prefer diamonds).

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Diamonds are great.
But, sorry, I fixed up Gold Crowns are the best for me.
Nothing compares to the tear shaped Gold Crown rails.
Gold Crown I and II with bolted on and pinned slates rule.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

Huh? Valley and brunswick? I thought it was Connely and valley these days....?

Rob.M

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,239

DsmithBFL

Debbie Smith
Hello people - this is my first post.
So, best tables? From a craftsmanship standpoint, I'd say Olhausen. They are really brilliant!

DsmithBFL

Debbie Smith
"Hello people - this is my first post.
So, best tables? From a craftsmanship standpoint, I'd say Olhausen. They are really brilliant!"

wineslob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all, new member here. I didn't see an "intro" area, so I'll jump in here.

I'll be looking for a used table in roughly 2-3 months. Have to pay for a family vacation this month!
I see allot of Golden West tables in the $700 and under range that I'm in. Most are pre 1992(?) as they are the" made in So. Cal" tables. No problem with that. Also, most seem to be a particular model, a "mission style", so I'm guessing much like the "into" model they offer today.

Room size is 15 X 25 ft, but my wife is opposed to a 9 ft table, so 8 footer it is. Darn it.

Thoughts on the quality? They do look solid.