Guns and Cues, Show us your Piece

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
not easily

Wow, didn't notice at all. How can they go in backwards?

I've never tried but I'd imagine it wouldn't be easy. ..

edit: actually, thinking about it, it's probably easier to put them in that way and that's probably why they're like that in the photo. Photographer must not have known much about firearms...lol.

That's why I think national firearms safety programs should be required in school. high school.

Jaden

Last edited:

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Are those aluminum case bullets?

Remington Golden Sabre rounds. Nickle plated cases with expanding bullets. From my experience, they are more effective when inserted in the mag, in the opposite direction.

Eric

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/79652-advertisement-cartridges-inserted-backwards.html

HKbulletsBackwards.jpg

Are those aluminum case bullets?

The cases are plated. Not aluminum, unless that's Blazer.

Chris,they're in the mag backwards and you notice that they're aluminum cased??

Jaden

They are in the magazine backwards as an HK inside joke.

Wow, didn't notice at all. How can they go in backwards?

See above.

edit: actually, thinking about it, it's probably easier to put them in that way and that's probably why they're like that in the photo. Photographer must not have known much about firearms...lol.

Jaden

See above.

voiceofreason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I get a giggle with these folks England and France who give us advice about our gun laws. :cool:

If it wasn't for us Yanks, you would all be speaking German, have short mustaches and learn how to "Goosestep" at summer camp. ;)

I might mention we saved your a$$es, TWICE. :thumbup: We didn't do it with HARSH language, we did it with guns, planes, and our blood.

Thanks,

Ken

Yes and we keep saving your arses ever since:

Bosnia, Iraq, Afghanistan...

Glad to help out :D

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
Being a British person and therefore civilised, I do not carry a gun and would rely on my pugilistic skills to solve an argument if necessary.

I carry my cue with me most places.. x

spoken like the VoiceofReason -
- and before this goes any further for this thread to get JERKED:

France, Germany, Switzerland are required to enter the military @ 18, for 2 yrs training. and when they go home, they are sent home ARMED. EVERY HOUSEHOLD IS ARMED. and everyone knows it.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which do you like better? I had an AK but didn't really like it much.

An AR-15 type rifle's pros will outweigh both the pros and cons of an AK platform rifle, but I prefer an AK. Specifically a 5.45 AK variant (pictured).

I much prefer piston guns than DI, and a piston AR in 5.45 is $$$$$$.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Well I was mostly right though...

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/79652-advertisement-cartridges-inserted-backwards.html

HKbulletsBackwards.jpg

The cases are plated. Not aluminum, unless that's Blazer.

They are in the magazine backwards as an HK inside joke.

See above.

See above.

Maybe not in regards to the photo as it appeared in this thread but the photo that led to that one being the way it was...

The inside joke was because of the original blunder by a know nothing photographer, not knowing how to put them in and the catalog going straight to print without HK reviewing it...

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/05/08/hk-bullets-real-story/

Jaden

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
I wonder how many Pool player skills also translate over to precision shooting and vice versa? (see what I did there...)

I shot a great sight in at the Ft. Dix Range 14 this weekend. I was checking my 200 yd zero and scope tracking. I started with a 5 shot group in the middle target, clicked over to the upper left and shot a 5 shot group, then to the upper right- shot 10, then lower left-shot 10, then back to the middle and shot 10 more.

My first 5 were slightly loose, but still about 1 MOA. Same for the upper left. I tightened up the upper right, grouping around a 1/2 MOA and made a ragged hole in the lower right (with 2 shots that were slightly off).

75* day, low humidity
approx 4 MPH, 1/4 value wind
65gr Sierra
200 yds

Eric

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 417
Last edited:

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder how many Pool player skills also translate over to precision shooting and vice versa? (see what I did there...)

I shot a great sight in at the Ft. Dix Range 14 this weekend. I was checking my 200 yd zero and scope tracking. I started with a 5 shot group in the middle target, clicked over to the upper left and shot a 5 shot group, then to the upper right- shot 10, then lower left-shot 10, then back to the middle and shot 10 more.

My first 5 were slightly loose, but still about 1 MOA. Same for the upper left. I tightened up the upper right, grouping around a 1/2 MOA and made a ragged hole in the lower right (with 2 shots that were slightly off).

75* day, low humidity
approx 4 MPH, 1/4 value wind
65gr Sierra
200 yds

Eric
I don't know if one has anything to do with the other but I don't aim very long, I point and shoot with amazing accuracy. Even the FBI style down on one knee with gun extended but not sighting. It is like shooting pool wing shots. I don't know how I do it but I can make them from everywhere. I shoot a gun the same, I am accurate shooting almost from the hip like the old time gun fighters. There may be a connection between the two skills, pool and shooting guns.

You know what is funny, I can put a rubber band on my finger and shoot a fly off the wall from like 8 or 10 feet. How the heck can I do that? I just can, all similar skills I guess. I can also throw playing cards like 30 and 40 feet with accuracy. It is amazing what the human body can do.

Last edited: