What cue do I have???

nine o nine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope the experts on AZB can identify and value rate this cue. I've had it since 1965 and play it regularly. Thanks, Mitch

Attachments

• 067.jpg
    067.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 1,634
  • 068.jpg
    068.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 1,709
  • 073.jpg
    073.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 1,705

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, A Nice Looking One.......

Value can't be determined until the cue-maker is confirmed.

It is reminiscent of the early 70's Joss cues, later on Bill Stroud, of course, the early R Series from Schon or it could be some unknown cue-maker.

The cue-maker drives the value......you asked about value? Depending on the cue-maker, anywhere from $450 to $1500-1800.....confirm who made the cue otherwise the price will be much, much lower than you want.....looks don't drive the price of the cue. There's lots of handsome cues that play like crap......keep in mind that you pay for the skills of the cue-maker when you buy a pool cue.

Matt B.

Last edited:

nine o nine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for that answer Matt. I wish I could photograph it better. One thing that may either help or hinder the ID is that the butt cap and bumper were replaced. The original was ivory colored. The wrap is leather and to my knowledge is original. Mitch

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for that answer Matt. I wish I could photograph it better. One thing that may either help or hinder the ID is that the butt cap and bumper were replaced. The original was ivory colored. The wrap is leather and to my knowledge is original. Mitch

Yeah, I was thinking no way that butt cap in 1965. Same with the joint rings.

Are you sure it wasn't 19seventy5 instead of 1965?

Dale

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know who made it, looks Runde/Schon-ish. I think it's a really nice looking cue though. Nice share.

nine o nine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I deefinitely got it used in the mid sixties...it also came with two 11mm tipped shafts which I no longer have. MItch

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not a Schon, points are too long and the veneers are touching at the base. Looks exactly like an Adam GB3 though.

nine o nine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some local folks have told me that it's an Adam GB-3 but didn't the licenced GB's have a signature? Mine doesn't so could it be an actual 'Bushka? If it's an old ADAM does it have some good value???MItch

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some local folks have told me that it's an Adam GB-3 but didn't the licenced GB's have a signature? Mine doesn't so could it be an actual 'Bushka? If it's an old ADAM does it have some good value???MItch

Hold on. How long have you really had the cue? Be truthful.

CoachDitka2001

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It would have to be a very early Helmstetter if it was mid-60's, and too early for Adam, which started up in '69-70. Also the joint pin doesn't look like early Adam cues.

nine o nine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seriously....I bought it at a flea market in 1965 . I had just gotten out of the Air Force so I remember the the year well. A guy had a bunch of cues for sale and I picked this one not having really any idea of what I was buying. I wanted my own cue because I had started playing at the local Elks club with friends who also had their own cues. MItch

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
with all due respect, I don't think that cue was made in 1965.

I am not a cue expert.
but I have over 50 years of looking at cues. and that was not the style of the '60s.
It looks more like '80s and newer.
But regardless it's a great looking classic designed cue.
Wheres Cuesblues?
He will know.Ted knows all cues.