wow, facebook blowup

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He barely played last year "cause" he couldn't make Mosconi cup. What did he do then? Sit at home, waiting for someone to support him?
He won't play in any events this year that have cyclop balls, sounds like a guy that is constantly looking for an excuse NOT TO WORK! Who gives a $&(t, let him starve.
Guess what big shot, all those working parasites with degrees are gonna eat, have a roof over their heads and maybe, just maybe, buy a PPV that you won't be in. You're only hurting yourself, and I hope the taxpayer parasites aren't supporting your lazy @$$!
GET A JOB!!!!

Btw, almost nobody's "job" is ideal, get over yourself.

I believe he spent more time this year making cues than he has in the past. I think if he had the choice he would rather be playing more events. He isn't the first pro to complain about how bad those balls play on az. I was hoping the BCA wouldn't bring them back in 2014 but they did.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chris...A witness to the shot that Putnam missed, that this whole uproar is about, positively said that Putnam DOGGED IT. According to him it was not the Cyclop balls, it was Shawn Putnam just flat missed, apparently from shooting too hard!

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Everybody needs to lighten up on Mr. Putnam.

Good grief...let the guy blow off a little steam. Maybe he just had a really bad experience with those balls. Everybody acts like it's the end of the world that he had a bad experience with them and shared it publicly. If the guy doesn't like the balls -- he doesn't like the balls. There's really no reason to lump his statement together with every bad thing professional pool players have done recently.

He will probably come around and when he does I'm sure he won't be standing around waiting to be sponsored by Cyclops Balls.

No biggie.

asiasdad

Banned
ATTENTION POOL SHIRT MARKETERS:

A new shirt design for you from asiasdad:

..........IT TAKES BALLS
............ TO GAMBLE
..... WITH CYCLOP BALLS

of course I will accept one in large as royalty :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Why couldn't SP make the MC? Because Johnny A. wasn't going and he rides on Johnny's coattails. Johnnyt

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
One of the hottest topics of debate in pro tennis for the last several years

So are poorly designed pool balls the answer?

What pros say has very little to do with generating potential sponsors.

What does make a difference in raising money?

Business plan

Demographics

TV Schedule

Professional Marketing Strategy

Professional Advertising Plan

Rules Changes to bring out the best of the game

Eliminate the gaff equipment (magic racks, Cyclops Balls, jump cues, fast cloth etc)

Tennis actually changed the size and weight of tennis balls***. Some players were upset, however it made no difference, most of the general public wasn't even aware.

One of the hottest topics of debate in pro tennis for the last several years has been whether to and how to slow the game down, especially the men's game on fast courts such as grass. As the average size of pro players and the power of their racquets has increased, so have serve speeds, and the result has been many more short points dominated by the server. For many fans, this makes tennis less fun to watch. Proposals for slowing the game have included a one-serve rule and even a reversion to wooden racquets, but the ITF has opted for the less drastic measure of trying a slower ball.
Of course the players aren't the only reason pro pool is in such disarray. There are many, many issues that contribute to the problem.

Still, given the state of where pro pool is, in today's world of immediate access and social media, having "pro's" step on their anatomy publicly will not help attract sponsors. And that is critical, if any headway is to be made.

Some of these guys don't understand that. The image they present is part of what is going to be "sold".

Hopefully they'll come around, and more, better working relationships are developed.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Terry...Guess what? People actually CAN fix vehicles with a crescent wrench and a couple of screwdrivers! We call them competent professional mechanics. Apparently (some) professional poolplayers don't fall under the same competency description! LOL

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Like trying to fix a vehicle with a crescent wrench and a couple of screw drivers.

Heres the Putnam facebook comment about college grads being parasites. He was always a bit of a douche. This cements it for me.

Shawn Putnam -I hate these parasites on here that get a guaranteed paycheck every week and then criticize the Pro's for wanting great equipment to play with. U parasites have went to college for 4 years to obtain the skills for your job that u hate. We have been perfecting our skills for over 20 years to try and make money at a job we love.

I played DCC last year with Cyclop balls. On the slick ultra tight new cloth in air conditioning the balls definitely play badly. The cueball finish is so slick. They skid easily and will tail off at the end of their roll. If they are a major sponsor you just have to deal with it .

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Notice the 6 and 7 ball in the Centennial Set.......priceless.....

Speaking of messed up pool balls, whatever happened to the "Elephant Balls," they were really atrocious.

Brunswick Centennials have always been the best pool balls.....without a doubt. They look fantastic and they're playability is beyond reproach.

Notice the 6 and 7 ball in the Centennial Set.......priceless.....

$(KGrHqZ,!qoFCTCs6(MKBQ1RVRlVg!~~60_35.JPG

I believe he spent more time this year making cues than he has in the past. I think if he had the choice he would rather be playing more events. He isn't the first pro to complain about how bad those balls play on az. I was hoping the BCA wouldn't bring them back in 2014 but they did.

Banks

Banned
Heres the Putnam facebook comment about college grads being parasites. He was always a bit of a douche. This cements it for me.

Shawn Putnam -I hate these parasites on here that get a guaranteed paycheck every week and then criticize the Pro's for wanting great equipment to play with. U parasites have went to college for 4 years to obtain the skills for your job that u hate. We have been perfecting our skills for over 20 years to try and make money at a job we love.

I played DCC last year with Cyclop balls. On the slick ultra tight new cloth in air conditioning the balls definitely play badly. The cueball finish is so slick. They skid easily and will tail off at the end of their roll. If they are a major sponsor you just have to deal with it .

There are others in similar situations - those that like to play guitar, draw graffiti, cook, play video games, blog and all kinds of other unimportant junk. What's the definition of those?

Just a bum.

Back to my job now..

Shawn's more than welcome to come on here and apologize, too. :rolleyes:

I had more to say, but that sums it up.

row21097

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brunswick Centennial

I think I remember reading somewhere that Brunswick outsourced the manufacture of Centennials to Saulic. Is that not correct?

Bert

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok I don't rant alot, I feel like ranting today:D

/Rant on

Companies keep inventing new stuff every few years to make things new, well guess what. It's not working, at least for me.

One of the worst invention that happened in pool was the cueball with alot of red dots, and they say "It's so that audience see the spin" well, it wasn't needed, it's something extra, no pro liked it in the first place, and imo classic was always good, the white cueball without dots.

Well look at snooker, theyre balls look the same, nothing changes in there, snooker cloth always green, balls always the same, and the cueball has no dots, and snooker keeps growing.

While in pool, they do ridiculous inventions, they change cloth from green(classic) to blue claiming its good for the eyes, which I also don't agree with, green always the best color for the eyes, but then you watch pool from the classic 90's where audience are big and all wearing suits, and watch it now, look at the difference.

I say keep inventing ridiculous things and pool audience/views will shrink even more.

/Rant off.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These pool balls aren't very attractive, are they?

The first time I saw them was in Tunica at the tournament, the players were making fun of them, especially the 6 ball.

I played with them once and only shot the 6 out of turn once. That was a great accomplishment considering the colors......what is it, "puke green"? LoL

We just want to know who decided the colors for the 6 and 7 ball? Were they color blind, or did they intentionally use these colors?

That color set is supposedly their "TV set". Have you ever watched any matches online that use the weird colored Cyclops balls? They actually work very very well for the viewers. Of course, while the viewers can easily identify each different color, that doesn't mean that they, or the players, know which color is which ball lol. But strictly in terms of visibility and distinction, the odd colors work great on streams.

Have a look:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxARy_XLnxU

KMRUNOUT

lost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok I don't rant alot, I feel like ranting today:D

/Rant on

Companies keep inventing new stuff every few years to make things new, well guess what. It's not working, at least for me.

One of the worst invention that happened in pool was the cueball with alot of red dots, and they say "It's so that audience see the spin" well, it wasn't needed, it's something extra, no pro liked it in the first place, and imo classic was always good, the white cueball without dots.

Well look at snooker, theyre balls look the same, nothing changes in there, snooker cloth always green, balls always the same, and the cueball has no dots, and snooker keeps growing.

While in pool, they do ridiculous inventions, they change cloth from green(classic) to blue claiming its good for the eyes, which I also don't agree with, green always the best color for the eyes, but then you watch pool from the classic 90's where audience are big and all wearing suits, and watch it now, look at the difference.

I say keep inventing ridiculous things and pool audience/views will shrink even more.

/Rant off.

Probably because pool has devolved over the last 30 or 40 years dumbing down to primarily simple quick rotation games. Snooker on the other hand still has tradition while pool is simply a smash bang bar game now.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think I remember reading somewhere that Brunswick outsourced the manufacture of Centennials to Saulic. Is that not correct?

Bert

The way it was explained to me was that Brunswick had another company make Centennial balls from the very beginning. I forget the name of this company. After some time (not sure when, maybe like 1980's) they had Saluc make them instead. Saluc basically just makes the Super Aramith Pro balls in the Centennial looks. They are supposedly the same exact balls. Now most recently, I understand that Cyclop is using the original formula from that first company to make their balls. This is what I was told. It might have been Mark Griffin that told me that, but don't quote me because I'm not 100% sure.

To me, the Super Aramith Pro feel different than Centennials. I know this is probably not at all the way it really is, but the Centennials seem to "compress" more. Sort of like you can squish the cueball into the object ball more and throw the balls more. The Aramiths seem more "clicky", like they are harder, and the balls seems to come apart more instantly. I like both a lot. Snookers in Providence, RI last year changed to Super Aramith Pro with measle cue balls. I LOVE that combo on a 9' table. They used to have Centennials with Blue Circles. I love those too! I'm not a big fan of the measle ball on a bar table.

Anyway, that is what I heard, and then what I think lol.

KMRUNOUT