Official Super Billiards Expo Thread

Kick like mule

Registered
Won't be long be here soon I be going.Hope meet a lot of you guys.Pool heaven can't wait.good luck to all of you.And drive safe.Hit them straight in the pockets.Be there for the warm ups.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have room booked about 15 minutes away, all of the SBE rooms were already taken up at the show prices :frown:

Only there for the weekend to take my son to the junior tournament there on Saturday, but I'll be wandering around the show floor and will be in the tournament area with him over the weekend. If anyone happens to be in the junior tournament area, his name is Alex, taller kid with short hair and a custom maple segmented handle cue. I'm the shorter guy with no hair, beard and glasses that will be trying not to make him nervous :)

Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member
I am planning to go this year, but have not booked a room yet nor submitted my entry.
I am vacillating since the drive is considerable. I'll have to look into flying.

jburkm002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I signed my wife and I up. $75 What's the harm. Hoping to get another cue. If not I enjoy looking.

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A couple of questions:
1) Will there be a 14.1 challenge?
2) If I go there Wednesday night, is there a charge to get in to watch the goings on?

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looked on the website this morning. Looking at entries into both men's and women's tournament. I do not recognize any of the five women listed. On the men's side i know about 6 world class players.

Is this going to be a disapointing show? Where are all the big names? Is the later date a problem?

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Looked on the website this morning. Looking at entries into both men's and women's tournament. I do not recognize any of the five women listed. On the men's side i know about 6 world class players.

Is this going to be a disapointing show? Where are all the big names? Is the later date a problem?
Hope not. Probably a lot of later entries. The Open Amateur was only around 400 or so a few days back. Procrastinators.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member

People wait until the last minute.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Still a month to go; could change dramatically.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
A couple of questions:
1) Will there be a 14.1 challenge?

You can check with Steve Kurtz, and Charlie Eames in our 14.1 forum to see if they're organizing it this year.

2) If I go there Wednesday night, is there a charge to get in to watch the goings on?

As far as I know, only the Wednesday night warm up matches are occurring. Vendors are still setting up. According to this, Wednesday is opened to registered players and Expo ticket holders. The midnight pool is $10-20 if you're not a player or daily guest.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 1.32.45 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-03-16 at 1.32.45 PM.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 464
Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't get why there are 18 tables that take coins? Are they using non-crazy cueballs or something?

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
The co-op tables are for the pit. That where "action" takes place. The rest of the tables are set aside for amateur tournaments.

I don't get why there are 18 tables that take coins? Are they using non-crazy cueballs or something?

BREEZY B

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll be there Wednesday-Sunday. Playing in the warmup, open and tap team event. Staying at the Hampton Inn.

JBPA74

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to sound stupid, but what's the midnight poolroom? Is it another place to play or just those tables overnight?

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Sorry to sound stupid, but what's the midnight poolroom? Is it another place to play or just those tables overnight?

The Expo usually closes around 8 PM. There are a few tables left in an open area where players can challenge each other for a small table fee 24 hours per day during the SBE. The rest of the tables will be open for a $10 fee from Midnight till roughly 8 AM. Thus the Midnight Poolroom.

Lyn

JBPA74

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Cardiac Kid! I wasn't really sure. It's been over 20 years since I was there and this is the first year I'll be there to play. Feel like a kid right before Christmas!!! Should be fun!