Cuemaker wont ship my cue

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I spoke to Steve once about a year or so ago, he sounded like an older fellow. Is there any chance this can be attributed to symptoms of a person getting older and maybe forgetting some things that were once routine?
I don't suppose the package he shipped was insured?

Yes it's possible he could be forgetful at his age...
I also heard when his phone rings he's been known to open his microwave.. :rolleyes:

This another case of desperate people doing desperate things at desperate times..

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Yes it's possible he could be forgetful at his age...
I also heard when his phone rings he's been known to open his microwave.. :rolleyes:

This another case of desperate people doing desperate things at desperate times..

At least he doesn't answer his iron (*ouch*)

Trav D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Steve klapp strikes again. This piece of s"&$ would screw his own mother over for a dollar. I hate to show this side of me it just irritates me that he keeps f&@'jb people over and getting away with it. I have posted in the last and will get some links up with the transactions Jeff Mclamb and myself had with him. He is one coward. In a previous post during the summer he had one of his 2 nut huggers on here answering for him and I told him in the post he was going to get a call. The call was missed and klapp calls back and hangs up and has his buddy post that he tried contacting. So I said tell him to answer his phone in 5 minutes from now Jeff is calling. He did and one lie after another that he was to receive a cue he owed from 4 years ago. He told Jeff that he read what I put on the board and for me to leave him alone. So he is reading all of this on here I am sure just too much of a coward to man up. He is a compulsive lying piece of garbage. He makes promises and plays the innocent I am having bad luck feel sorry for me role. He is a lot of fun to talk to and talks one hell of a game until he gets the cash. I am rambling and will try to dig out the two links that I posted over the last year with all of the details. Stay away from the trash. I am sorry you have experienced this. He has screwed many on here. There needs to be a sticky thread called Steve Klapp so people will stay away from him.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Steve klapp strikes again. This piece of s"&$ would screw his own mother over for a dollar. I hate to show this side of me it just irritates me that he keeps f&@'jb people over and getting away with it. I have posted in the last and will get some links up with the transactions Jeff Mclamb and myself had with him. He is one coward. In a previous post during the summer he had one of his 2 nut huggers on here answering for him and I told him in the post he was going to get a call. The call was missed and klapp calls back and hangs up and has his buddy post that he tried contacting. So I said tell him to answer his phone in 5 minutes from now Jeff is calling. He did and one lie after another that he was to receive a cue he owed from 4 years ago. He told Jeff that he read what I put on the board and for me to leave him alone. So he is reading all of this on here I am sure just too much of a coward to man up. He is a compulsive lying piece of garbage. He makes promises and plays the innocent I am having bad luck feel sorry for me role. He is a lot of fun to talk to and talks one hell of a game until he gets the cash. I am rambling and will try to dig out the two links that I posted over the last year with all of the details. Stay away from the trash. I am sorry you have experienced this. He has screwed many on here. There needs to be a sticky thread called Steve Klapp so people will stay away from him.

I was going to send him a conversion I had made and needed refining. For some reason I did not ship it to him....shipped it to Proficient Billiards instead. Got it back a few weeks later and really enjoy it. Good/lucky decision on my end.

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had a hunch but wanted to think different. One of the members here stepped in and had Steve settle a small machined parts job he owed me last Summer and refund my PP but still owed me a part he promised and was to get it right out.

Steve and I spoke about a month later after no part. He returned my call, texts and emails and he said he was getting his 'ducks in a row' and wanted to get back to making cues and doing what he promised and 'promised' me it was shipping the next day.

About a month goes by. Nothing. I text him are you allright ? Whats up ? Etc. Appears Steve has hit the bottom. Never heard a word. Unfortunate for the members and customers that took a hit.

I sent him a friends old Adam about a year ago for a buttcap and some other minor work right when he was moving little over a year ago. I was nervous but got the cue back repaired without too much effort. I feel Blessed.

I would never send him a dime again. I hope he is not ill, but that seems to be the excuses builders start giving when they are a running.

Good luck on your cue and to any others who are owed.

-Kat,

That Dennis Searing is a hall of fame scumbag, along with John Showman and others, is common knowledge. I know for a fact that no one would be "holding" $9000 of my property for 2 years. That's just an impossibility. I owned a searing 7-8 years ago. I think I bought it from Ken Kerner for around $4K. Hated how it played, sold it and made a nice profit. It's Gina or nothing for me. Been that way for 10+ years. Have owned A LOT OF HIGH END CUES and each one confirms that for me.

Steve Klapp is a new one to me. Hes a low level maker and an overachieving thief, apparently. I'm sorry he has so many victims. It's hard for me to want to see violence visit an older man, but since that's the case, I'd be filing a police report, immediately, instead. I'd also sue him civilly. There comes a point where principle matters more than money. If it was $100 cue and cost me $1000 to sue him, for instance, I'd do it. But I'd also make sure to press every criminal charge possible. I hate thieving scumbag's.

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had a hunch but wanted to think different. One of the members here stepped in and had Steve settle a small machined parts job he owed me last Summer and refund my PP but still owed me a part he promised and was to get it right out.

Steve and I spoke about a month later after no part. He returned my call, texts and emails and he said he was getting his 'ducks in a row' and wanted to get back to making cues and doing what he promised and 'promised' me it was shipping the next day.

About a month goes by. Nothing. I text him are you allright ? Whats up ? Etc. Appears Steve has hit the bottom. Never heard a word. Unfortunate for the members and customers that took a hit.

I sent him a friends old Adam about a year ago for a buttcap and some other minor work right when he was moving little over a year ago. I was nervous but got the cue back repaired without too much effort. I feel Blessed.

I would never send him a dime again. I hope he is not ill, but that seems to be the excuses builders start giving when they are a running.

Good luck on your cue and to any others who are owed.

-Kat,

To followup I spoke with Steve today. I spent sometime discussing some of the conversations on here as well as mine and as it turns out Steve said that this passed year he's been diagnosed with Lupus (Autoimmune disease) and has been in and out of the hospital a couple of times this past year dealing with this issue. Not to get into the particulars about Steve's condition (as he's stable now) but this is a very serious disease. After having moved up to Illinois last year to be close to his family things seemed to have taken a turn for the worst for Steve.

When he live here in Charlotte I spoke to him on a weekly basis and played pool together etc. I knew he needed to get up with the times (technologically speaking) because all he had to keep up with business contacts was an old cracked flip phone that had no backups. With limited access to a computer for record keeping I really didn't get how it was possible to keep any business running... but hey that's me.

After he moved we would talk every couple of months as we were work on a cue project. Well, as you can image the phone "got wet last year" and then POOF, Steve dealing with his illness and the cue business kinda disappeared. I never got return calls or emails after last March. As it turns out he was also at the time recovering from dealing with the Lupus medications. Fast forward 9-10 months (today) Steve said now he has a New Moto X phone (which auto backs up) and is learning about it daily.

There No real excuse imo for phone issues but it is what it is from an 'OLD SCHOOL' kinda guy. When I tried to call this weekend him I got to his voice mailbox and it said it was full. When I told him that he said it was the 1st that he's heard of that as no one has left any messages in a longtime...as I explained why, he said he's going to be looking into that today. Needless to say he's got a lot more to go to get a handle on a PDA phone as well. No excuse but again it is what it is.

Steve knows he's behind on a lot of cue related issue, but swears now that he's getting things in order as for his health he's says he's gunna make things right for the past year or so of being under the weather. "Getting his ducks in a row re: cue building/health" is what he says is his goals this year. We all have our own stories to tell about cue makers so take all of this for what its worth but when a guy is down on his luck AND health there not much anyone *(even family) can do. Hopefully now that his health is more stabilized he'll be able to step up and make things right for everyone.

He's been able to keep his original number and is rebuilding his contacts list so ... Its prolly gunna take more time but he says he's now on the right track to make things right....... btw Steve will not be patronizing AZB and isn't looking for sympathy. So bash away if you must (not you Kat but the forum in general). I just thought I'd pass along some general conversation.

Randy

Thx Patrick for forwarding my info to Steve.

To followup I spoke with Steve today. I spent sometime discussing some of the conversations on here as well as mine and as it turns out Steve said that this passed year he's been diagnosed with Lupus (Autoimmune disease) and has been in and out of the hospital a couple of times this past year dealing with this issue. Not to get into the particulars about Steve's condition (as he's stable now) but this is a very serious disease. After having moved up to Illinois last year to be close to his family things seemed to have taken a turn for the worst for Steve.

When he live here in Charlotte I spoke to him on a weekly basis and played pool together etc. I knew he needed to get up with the times (technologically speaking) because all he had to keep up with business contacts was an old cracked flip phone that had no backups. With limited access to a computer for record keeping I really didn't get how it was possible to keep any business running... but hey that's me.

After he moved we would talk every couple of months as we were work on a cue project. Well, as you can image the phone "got wet last year" and then POOF, Steve dealing with his illness and the cue business kinda disappeared. I never got return calls or emails after last March. As it turns out he was also at the time recovering from dealing with the Lupus medications. Fast forward 9-10 months (today) Steve said now he has a New Moto X phone (which auto backs up) and is learning about it daily.

There No real excuse imo for phone issues but it is what it is from an 'OLD SCHOOL' kinda guy. When I tried to call this weekend him I got to his voice mailbox and it said it was full. When I told him that he said it was the 1st that he's heard of that as no one has left any messages in a longtime...as I explained why, he said he's going to be looking into that today. Needless to say he's got a lot more to go to get a handle on a PDA phone as well. No excuse but again it is what it is.

Steve knows he's behind on a lot of cue related issue, but swears now that he's getting things in order as for his health he's says he's gunna make things right for the past year or so of being under the weather. "Getting his ducks in a row re: cue building/health" is what he says is his goals this year. We all have our own stories to tell about cue makers so take all of this for what its worth but when a guy is down on his luck AND health there not much anyone *(even family) can do. Hopefully now that his health is more stabilized he'll be able to step up and make things right for everyone.

He's been able to keep his original number and is rebuilding his contacts list so ... Its prolly gunna take more time but he says he's now on the right track to make things right....... btw Steve will not be patronizing AZB and isn't looking for sympathy. So bash away if you must (not you Kat but the forum in general). I just thought I'd pass along some general conversation.

Randy

Thx Patrick for forwarding my info to Steve.

Any mention of the obvious intent to defraud by shipping/mailing an empty tube? I just can't wrap my head around what he possibly thought he could be achieving with that move.

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any mention of the obvious intent to defraud by shipping/mailing an empty tube? I just can't wrap my head around what he possibly thought he could be achieving with that move.

No... that wasn't on my agenda. I Don't know of the particulars of that issue or any of their personal conversations. I'd suggest that if that were the case *(as described here on AZ) that the person involved make contact with Steve directly again at this point to remedy their issue... Maybe a follow up post from the OP complaint (re your statement) after he's contacted Steve might shed some light on his issue?

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yeah its funny how people can forget how to speak English when the heat is on. He may be ill. No excuse for obviously trying to defraud people.

He won't be able to get away with it. The consequences of his actions are coming.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

He was trying to buy an extra day and had the label made up, cue was in process to go out the next day.

Associate at the pool hall mailed it for him as a favor since he runs packages for him when he goes into town.

That's what he told me. It's still ridiculous and I know have Kingpin's cue in my possession to finish up and send to him.