Votes: 8 9.4%
  • Other

Votes: 43 50.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never talked with Joe about teachings ( he did buy my dvd tho):D but that is the same thoughts that I have always had. Yea,lets teach them how not to play good so when they come back years later after they get all them bad habits grooved real good and then maybe we can try to fix all them bad habits. What a grand idea!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:Me and Joe have our work cut out for us I guess. What do they call that?? job security or making work? Unreal some of the crap that's been put out there:rolleyes::rolleyes:. John B.

Haha John I hear exactly where you are coming from. So let me ask you, do you ever get up to the Super Billiards Expo? If not that, maybe the BCA event in Vegas? I'd love to find a time to hook up with you when I'm paying to travel anyway. Maybe next year I can get a trip to the Derby to happen. I'd love a 1 on 1 banking lesson. I mean, I've got some lessons from Earl, one of the greatest 9 ball players to ever live. Why not take a banking lesson with the greatest banker ever? I'm an *excellent* student. I guess it doesn't matter to me if you are a great teacher or not. You game speaks for itself. I can ask good questions, and as long as you are willing to hear what I am asking, and try and understand why I'm asking it, then I will learn a ton from you.

Anyway, hope to see you soon. So tell me, what is the best DVD to get from you if I basically want to learn the most about banking?

Thanks again,

KMRUNOUT

John Brumback

Silver Member
Haha John I hear exactly where you are coming from. So let me ask you, do you ever get up to the Super Billiards Expo? If not that, maybe the BCA event in Vegas? I'd love to find a time to hook up with you when I'm paying to travel anyway. Maybe next year I can get a trip to the Derby to happen. I'd love a 1 on 1 banking lesson. I mean, I've got some lessons from Earl, one of the greatest 9 ball players to ever live. Why not take a banking lesson with the greatest banker ever? I'm an *excellent* student. I guess it doesn't matter to me if you are a great teacher or not. You game speaks for itself. I can ask good questions, and as long as you are willing to hear what I am asking, and try and understand why I'm asking it, then I will learn a ton from you.

Anyway, hope to see you soon. So tell me, what is the best DVD to get from you if I basically want to learn the most about banking?

Thanks again,

KMRUNOUT

Thanks!! The first one....Bank Pool Secrets. It covers my banking method and a lot of tips and info for all diff kinds of banks. How to make em and the best way to shoot to shoot em. Thanks again. John B.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ya know what I think would be SO AWESOME ----- getting all of the instructors from AZB together somewhere and let them have a Round Robin tournament !!!! Maybe even an All-Around!!! Stream it and I'd bet it has a good shot at breaking all time PPV #'s lol! 😉

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I once took a lesson from Bert Kinister and found him to be very helpful. He helped me with my basics and gave me good suggestions On how to practice to get results. I also purchased some of his tapes which I believe also helped. I did not see his name come up on this 10 plus page thread, Is he a instructor worth considering?
I think he still is giving lessons in Texas.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I once took a lesson from Bert Kinister and found him to be very helpful. He helped me with my basics and gave me good suggestions On how to practice to get results. I also purchased some of his tapes which I believe also helped. I did not see his name come up on this 10 plus page thread, Is he a instructor worth considering?
I think he still is giving lessons in Texas.

I know I've heard that name before but couldn't tell you what was said.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ya know what I think would be SO AWESOME ----- getting all of the instructors from AZB together somewhere and let them have a Round Robin tournament !!!! Maybe even an All-Around!!! Stream it and I'd bet it has a good shot at breaking all time PPV #'s lol! ��

I just realized this post may have come across a little sarcastic so just wanted to stipulate I was ( am ) being 100 % totally serious and think this would be SO COOL! I also realize what a logistical nightmare it would be to get them all together at the same time and place ( if it were even possible ) but for conversation sake can any of the instructors that have posted in his thread, or any instructors on AZ post up if it were to somehow be possible if they would consider doing something like my idea? Don't nobody get skerrrrrd now lol��

You know I was just thinking about it some more and while far from ideal and not as entertaining if it were done in the Round Robin format it actually probably could be done over the course a year . And if a reliable streamer were on board they could kinda make like a " series " out of it and like I said might just have a bunch of people willing to pay for it ( as long as price was very reasonable ). Don't think it would put the instructors or streamers out of their way either because don't most of these guys run into one another throughout the year at different events and also running around the country giving lessons? OK OK I GOTS IT YALL!!!! ------------------------------------------ Bmore's World Series of Battle of the Instructors!!!!!!!!

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just realized this post may have come across a little sarcastic so just wanted to stipulate I was ( am ) being 100 % totally serious and think this would be SO COOL! I also realize what a logistical nightmare it would be to get them all together at the same time and place ( if it were even possible ) but for conversation sake can any of the instructors that have posted in his thread, or any instructors on AZ post up if it were to somehow be possible if they would consider doing something like my idea? Don't nobody get skerrrrrd now lol��

You know I was just thinking about it some more and while far from ideal and not as entertaining if it were done in the Round Robin format it actually probably could be done over the course a year . And if a reliable streamer were on board they could kinda make like a " series " out of it and like I said might just have a bunch of people willing to pay for it ( as long as price was very reasonable ). Don't think it would put the instructors or streamers out of their way either because don't most of these guys run into one another throughout the year at different events and also running around the country giving lessons? OK OK I GOTS IT YALL!!!! ------------------------------------------ Bmore's World Series of Battle of the Instructors!!!!!!!!

I'm in. But it's got to be a tournament --- round robin is fine. Not over a year, though. Maybe over a few days or a week. Round up some sponsors, get a hotel, put a couple of tables in, charge an entry fee and start inviting. I'd love to see some people put their money where their mouths are.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm in. But it's got to be a tournament --- round robin is fine. Not over a year, though. Maybe over a few days or a week. Round up some sponsors, get a hotel, put a couple of tables in, charge an entry fee and start inviting. I'd love to see some people put their money where their mouths are.

Hey I said I'd like to see it, I didn't say nothing bout no work! Lol. I do have to imagine there are people that are actually in the business that are charged with doing those very things you have mentioned so I believe I will leave it to them. However, you can definitely put me down for buying a stream as I'd love to watch it.

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member

I'm in

:D

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have never met or spoken with Mr. Goettlicher about pool. I wouldn't mind sitting down over lunch or dinner and talking pool and instructing styles with him one day.

We all have a common bond and love for a game that is extremely difficult and cult like. At times passion can get the best of us. It's important to remember what brings people together on a pool forum to interact with each other.
Passion for this game can make your head spin and foam at the mouth. Be nice to each other, you get more with honey than you do with Vinegar.
There is always the ignore feature which works very well.

I was very fortunate to learn from the gentlemen below. I have studied endlessly every style, stroke technique, mathematical systems, aiming, track lines, etc etc etc. and you can name it until the cows come home.
I have slept under pool tables, played countless hours and lost plenty of money learning.
I am proud to say I can do anything with my cue ball whenever I want. To me that is the ultimate goal.
I have my own style and a different approach and it's very effective.

Best of luck to all and hit them straight.
Sincerely:SS

Pete Margo
Steve Mizerak
Sailor Bill Barge
Jack Colavita,
Cicero Murphy
Johnny Ervolino
Jimmy Wellington
Danny Gartner
Sang Lee
Dick Jaspers
Sonny Cho
Raymond Ceulemans
Henry Dozier
Benny Mcnevich
Jerry Beans,
Jimmy Esposito
Ernie Costa
And others not mentioned, I feel like I am thanking the Academy and left out names, too much typing for me, I can be found in the Cue Gallery gawking at cues.

That is one of the most impressive lists of names I've ever seen.

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You'd better be in. You're liable to win the whole damn thing. :D

Hope you all join in. Heck, I've never even seen you play except for a few shots during our lesson together. I'll buy the stream, make no mistake about it... especially if I get to see you play against Scott. That'd be better than sweating the SVB/Orcullo grudge match. ;)

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I would consider taking the back pain of traveling to NY to see Fran Crimi play Scott Lee live on a 9 or 10 foot table.

Perhaps a stream of that could be set up with the winner getting the proceeds or 50%.

I think it would bring in some considerable $$$$.

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
That is one of the most impressive lists of names I've ever seen.

Yeah, Fran.

But RandyG's name is not on that list...

& when I added SmoothStroke's name to Yours & CJ's as those from whom I have seen insights that I have not seen the likes of from many others

Scott Lee said that SmoothStroke learned what he knows from Randy... and that that should tell me something.

I would say that I learned something from Mr. Lee's misinformation, but it is something that I already knew.

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would consider taking the back pain of traveling to NY to see Fran Crimi play Scott Lee live on a 9 or 10 foot table.

Perhaps a stream of that could be set up with the winner getting the proceeds or 50%.

I think it would bring in some considerable $$$$.

Good. Let me know when you come so we can match up ourselves. No bet, just some 14.1, center ball against 47 years of extreme english on every shot. :smile:

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope you all join in. Heck, I've never even seen you play except for a few shots during our lesson together. I'll buy the stream, make no mistake about it... especially if I get to see you play against Scott. That'd be better than sweating the SVB/Orcullo grudge match. ;)

:D:D Yep. I just need a few marathon practice sessions to find my groove and I'll be good to go.

I'll give Pat Fleming a call. Maybe he can help find us some sponsors and do the streaming for us.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Good. Let me know when you come so we can match up ourselves. No bet, just some 14.1, center ball against 47 years of extreme english on every shot. :smile:

Who said anything about "extreme' english on "every" shot.

Another fast & loose turn with the truth.

How about we play our opposite way.

I hit center ball on every shot & you hit with "extreme" english on "every" shot.

That way we might see who is more versatile & capable.

Maybe you should do a bit of research & see what Joe Tucker & John Brumback have to say on the subject of english.

Maybe you should go over to Earl & tell him to stop spinning the rock or any other Pro that can do it on command.

Last edited: