Identifying Pool table

bjones72751

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys,

Need a little help figuring out what table I have... I've only got this one picture at the moment, which I know is poor quality, but I'll get more later. Not sure what you guys need pics of, so let me know anything specific that could help!

Thanks.

IMG_20161016_014220.jpg

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Looks like it might be a Valley. There should be a serial number on it if its a Valley, I cant remember if it is behind the glass of the ball storage gulley or by the coin mechanism.

bjones72751

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like it might be a Valley. There should be a serial number on it if its a Valley, I cant remember if it is behind the glass of the ball storage gulley or by the coin mechanism.

Pretty sure it's not Valley. It's built similar to a coin-op, but it's not coin-op. There is no gully or mechanism. I'll post up more pics in a few.

bjones72751

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
P1060020.jpg

P1060015.jpg

P1060018.jpg

P1060019.jpg

P1060022.jpg

Ok, That's what I've got. If there's anything more specific that could be helpful, let me know. I'm a little confused as to how this ball return works. It's all plastic and wood, so obviously not magnetic, but the cue should roll all the way down, then fall into the bottom square hole and roll back up to the cue ball exit? The whole setup is just slightly angled wood for the balls to roll down... I'm assuming either over or undersized cue ball? Also, the rails seem really strange to me. I'm obviously no expert, but I thought these were usually made with the rubber attached to the rail with bolts and feather strips for the covering? Haven't seen this before.

kid

billiard mechanic
Silver Member
I'm 1000% sure that is a united billiard. One my least favorite coin-op to work on. Good luck

bjones72751

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But it's not a coin op...? Did they make the same style tables without the mechanism?

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

bjones72751

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually, I just googled United pool tables and found a Lenith pool table in the mix... I believe it's that...

Edit:
I should read comments more often... I guess it's a United Billiards Zenith. So does anyone have any info on these, or schematics? I'd like to possibly find the missing parts and make her whole again...

Last edited:

bjones72751

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually, I just googled United pool tables and found a Lenith pool table in the mix... I believe it's that..

Edit:
I should read comments more often... I guess it's a United Billiards Zenith. So does anyone have any info on these, or schematics? I'd like to possibly find the missing parts and make her whole again...

http://www.billiardsforum.com/pool-table-identification/lenith-pool-table-info

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I'm 1000% sure that is a united billiard. One my least favorite coin-op to work on. Good luck

You are 100% correct, and yes it's a coin op....the ball drop system is in the foot of the table....it's a slide out box.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Actually, I just googled United pool tables and found a Lenith pool table in the mix... I believe it's that...

Edit:

Good luck finding any parts at all for that table. We had them up here in WA state as well, they're a junk, throw away pool table.

bjones72751

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good luck finding any parts at all for that table. We had them up here in WA state as well, they're a junk, throw away pool table.

Well, I paid $150 for this thing a few days ago. It's just going to be a home table. I'm just planning on making it a little prettier and was hoping to get the cue ball return working. May try to build something in there. I don't need any coin mech in there though. If I'm thinking about this correctly, should this use an undersized cue ball for the return? It's the only way I can think that the cue would fall down into the other part of the return while the others wouldn't...

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Well, I paid $150 for this thing a few days ago. It's just going to be a home table. I'm just planning on making it a little prettier and was hoping to get the cue ball return working. May try to build something in there. I don't need any coin mech in there though. If I'm thinking about this correctly, should this use an undersized cue ball for the return? It's the only way I can think that the cue would fall down into the other part of the return while the others wouldn't...

It used an oversized cue ball, but the separation took place in the removable ball box....which looks like it's missing.

bjones72751

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah I'm sure it is... Anything having to do with the mech is gone. I'm assuming there's no way to find a schematic or anything showing HOW it worked? I could fabricate something if I had a general idea...

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Yeah I'm sure it is... Anything having to do with the mech is gone. I'm assuming there's no way to find a schematic or anything showing HOW it worked? I could fabricate something if I had a general idea...

The quality of their table is why they went out of business more than 25 years ago.

bjones72751

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The quality of their table is why they went out of business more than 25 years ago.
Yeah it sounds that way, but it's what I've got and I'm just trying to make the best of it. Beats an mdf top table. It will work just fine in my living room, and a "something to do" project fixing it up as much as I can. Maybe instead of repeatedly pointing out that my table sucks, provide some useful information? Thank you, however, for the information you've provided so far. Some of it is indeed useful.

bjones72751

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So can one of you guys help me figure out how this worked...

Table Return (2).jpg

I get the general idea that all balls roll down the ramp (#2), the cue ball then returns down the ramp next to #2. Where do the object balls go and how does the oversized ball get separated?

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Why dont you just use a regular cue ball and retrieve from the ball return area after a scratch? Most people want to use an Aramith red circle, Measles ball, or something of that nature because its close to what they use in tournaments and many other tables. I am guessing its getting hard to find tables to play on that use an oversize cue ball.
The other thing you could think about is converting it to a Valley style cue ball separator that uses a magnetic ball, it seems like it would be much easier to fabricate or maybe you could even find a used one.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Why dont you just use a regular cue ball and retrieve from the ball return area after a scratch? Most people want to use an Aramith red circle, Measles ball, or something of that nature because its close to what they use in tournaments and many other tables. I am guessing its getting hard to find tables to play on that use an oversize cue ball.
The other thing you could think about is converting it to a Valley style cue ball separator that uses a magnetic ball, it seems like it would be much easier to fabricate or maybe you could even find a used one.

Can't convert it, way to much design differences.