What is your PSR?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're right, it is a joke. 10 players using Pro1 on video should be easy-peasy. Thousands using it, right?! Not like I was suggesting 20 or 30 players, goodness gracious me.

How about just 5 average players using Pro1 on video?

Lou Figueroa

-------------

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
LF. 20 years of this garbage and still going strong with no end in sight. This can't be considered normal behavior by any type of psychological assessment.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's there in response to denwhit.....no more than a few days ago.

Stan Shuffett

I can not find anyone that uses CTE. Most have never heard of it. The only thing I've ever said is that I know an instructor that has taken at least 5 guys trying to learn CTE and completely screwed up. He has taught them how to aim, without the pivots, etc. Most guys that have been out to take lessons from you....

Last edited:

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Same system different results right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJH_Q-GgnCY

This illustrates the problem I have with feel based aiming.

I don't get it. If he had used some sort of visually estimated system on that 3 and still missed it, what would that say about the system? It could've been a slight twitch in the stroke or just a simple miss due to improperly judging/estimating/feeling the shot. The same thing can happen using any system.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can not find anyone that uses CTE. Most have never heard of it. The only thing I've ever said is that I know an instructor that has taken at least 5 guys trying to learn CTE, completely screwed up and teaching them how to aim. Guys that have been out to take lessons from you....

Keep spreading the hate! I don't mind being the target. I have had the role for a good 7-8 years. I must be doing something right or I would not be such a target.
Do you hate CTE so much that you have to down it at every opportunity? Do you hate the idea that I can list a few dozen state, national, tour and even international titles that have been won with CTE. Are you so miserable in your skin that you must attack me post after post. You are just an admitted homebody that's never accomplished anything in pool other than to knock.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
Keep spreading the hate! I don't mind being the target. I have had the role for a good 7-8 years. I must be doing something right or I would not be such a target.
Do you hate CTE so much that you have to down it at every opportunity? Do you hate the idea that I can list a few dozen state, national, tour and even international titles that have been won with CTE. Are you so miserable in your skin that you must attack me post after post. You are just an admitted homebody that's never accomplished anything in pool other than to knock.

Stan Shuffett

You're making too much of it.... no hate here. I'm just posting the ONLY thing I know about CTE.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're making too much of it.... no hate here. I'm just posting the ONLY thing I know about CTE.

No, you are not passing anything of value here. You are a part of the culture here that hates CTE and wants it put down and stomped on. You are a damn basher oand your post are evidence of that. What the hell is wrong with you? You have hate in your heart! That's what.

Stan Shuffett

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

If that's the only thing you know about CTE, which isn't even close to the truth or reality, you ought not be posting at all. You're basically a beginner at this game as well as member who doesn't have any of the past 20 years of knowledge when CTE was introduced.

Yet, here you are acting as a sh!t stirring lying troll BASHING it and Stan.

MIKE HOWERTON'S RULE: "OK, apparently this needs to be said again. I do not want to see anyone bashing another aiming system in any way.

If you have a positive experience with an aiming system, then feel free to post it. If you want to discuss the merits of an aiming system, then feel free. But for now, I don't want any comparisons as we all know that will just turn into bashing.

I guess it wasn't clear enough for you. Your miserable post:

"I can not find anyone that uses CTE. Most have never heard of it. The only thing I've ever said is that I know an instructor that has taken at least 5 guys trying to learn CTE and completely screwed up. He has taught them how to aim, without the pivots, etc. Most guys that have been out to take lessons from you.... "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If that's the only thing you know about CTE, which isn't even close to the truth or reality, you ought not be posting at all. You're basically a beginner at this game as well as member who doesn't have any of the past 20 years of knowledge when CTE was introduced.

Yet, here you are as a sh!t stirring lying troll BASHING it and Stan.

I could not have described him any better.

Stan Shuffett

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
The only one who really knows is Lou.
I think feel opens up more possibility for misjudgements in aim than other "systems"
You just have to be able to accept that fact that sometimes your feeling can be wrong.

I don't get it. If he had used some sort of visually estimated system on that 3 and still missed it, what would that say about the system? It could've been a slight twitch in the stroke or just a simple miss due to improperly judging/estimating/feeling the shot. The same thing can happen using any system.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member

Yet, here you are acting as a sh!t stirring lying troll BASHING it and Stan.

MIKE HOWERTON'S RULE: "OK, apparently this needs to be said again. I do not want to see anyone bashing another aiming system in any way.

If you have a positive experience with an aiming system, then feel free to post it. If you want to discuss the merits of an aiming system, then feel free. But for now, I don't want any comparisons as we all know that will just turn into bashing.

I guess it wasn't clear enough for you. Your miserable post:

"I can not find anyone that uses CTE. Most have never heard of it. The only thing I've ever said is that I know an instructor that has taken at least 5 guys trying to learn CTE and completely screwed up. He has taught them how to aim, without the pivots, etc. Most guys that have been out to take lessons from you.... "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The truth is the truth. So sorry you can't handle it.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
The only one who really knows is Lou.
I think feel opens up more possibility for misjudgements in aim than other "systems"
You just have to be able to accept that fact that sometimes your feeling can be wrong.

I don't know.....how would playing by feel or instinct be any different than using a system, as far as the likelihood of occasionally overestimating or underestimating a cut shot? Once the brain gets programmed and can recognize most shots in accordance with whatever method one uses to pocket balls, there will still be that rare shot that gets missed either due to inaccurate execution (a momentary glitch in the stroke, etc...) or faulty estimate of the proper shot angle or possible effects of table conditions.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I don't know.....how would playing by feel or instinct be any different than using a system

You've gotta be kidding. This is such a weak ridiculous statement it can't even be taken seriously.

It has to do with the intensity of the FOCUS for alignment. If feel is that focused, then the player is using a system with some sort of visualization and aim point such as a contact point, fraction, or A, B, and C.

How is "see the pocket, see the OB, see the CB and shoot" accurate in any way, shape, or form from one day to the next or even one shot to the next? It certainly can't be transferred from one player to another.

When do you play your best, when you're focused or scatter brained and tired?

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Took the words out of my mouth.

You've gotta be kidding. This is such a weak ridiculous statement it can't even be taken seriously.

It has to do with the intensity of the FOCUS for alignment. If feel is that focused, then the player is using a system with some sort of visualization and aim point such as a contact point, fraction, or A, B, and C.

How is "see the pocket, see the OB, see the CB and shoot" accurate in any way, shape, or form from one day to the next or even one shot to the next? It certainly can't be transferred from one player to another.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

Isn't there a certain amount of experienced estimation needed in contact point aiming, ghostball, parallel pivot, etc.., even in CTE when determining if a shot needs inside or outside/thinned or thickened? I know there is. It's no different for a an intuitive player. If you think the shot looks like it should be cut a little thinner, whether or not you're using instinct, pro1, pivots, or ghostball, you can still end up missing by over-cutting.

Even with feel, the brain is programmed to recognize the shots, but naturally the brain isn't always running at optimal conditions. But this applies to every system that relies on knowledge gained through experience.

Last edited: