Betting Odds on Four Men Left Standing

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
According to William Hill, an online betting site, these were the odds on the four men left standing when the event started.

Jung-lin Chang, 14/1.

Jayson Shaw, 16/1

Klenti Kaci, 66/1

Francisco Sanchez-Ruiz, 66/1.

Interesting! :grin-square:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
According to William Hill, an online betting site, these were the odds on the four men left standing when the event started.
Jung-lin Chang, 14/1.
Jayson Shaw, 16/1
Klenti Kaci, 66/1
But you still gotta' fork over that vig, no matter which you jump don't you?
That 66-1 looks like a nice little longshot for a small sweat bet....I'd take those odds for some chump change. (assuming they still hold)
:thumbup:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Jung-lin Chang, 14/1.

Jayson Shaw, 16/1

Klenti Kaci, 66/1

Would be nice if I could bet that line now.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would be nice if I could bet that line now.

Right. I can't get on the site because I'm in the U.S., but I would love to know if they had odds for today on the last four -- and what those odds are now. ;)

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Right. I can't get on the site because I'm in the U.S., but I would love to know if they had odds for today on the last four -- and what those odds are now. ;)

Chang 4/6. Kaçi 5/4
Shaw 4/9. Ruiz 7/4

Couldn’t find a line for winning outright.

I find it strange that they list Chang at 4/6 instead of 3/2 ....Chang’s size, perhaps? :)

Reactions: JAM

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chang 4/6. Kaçi 5/4
Shaw 4/9. Ruiz 7/4

Couldn’t find a line for winning outright.

I find it strange that they list Chang at 4/6 instead of 3/2 ....Chang’s size, perhaps? :)

Wow! Thanks for that!

Check out the trophy placque for the Open winner. It's beautiful!

Attachments

• 22853020_1473562879360280_6928590039930003216_n.jpg
    22853020_1473562879360280_6928590039930003216_n.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 551

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Wow! Thanks for that!

Check out the trophy placque for the Open winner. It's beautiful!

Still my favorite pool trophy...too many cups around.

I messed up on Chang’s odds wisecrack....4/6 translates as 2/3

note to self....no posting til first coffee is finished

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still my favorite pool trophy...too many cups around.

I messed up on Chang’s odds wisecrack....4/6 translates as 2/3

note to self....no posting til first coffee is finished

Keith is still asleep, and I'm not very savvy with odds. Who is the favorite? Is it Klenti Kaci?

xxxbilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Outright
Order by:
Outright - 2017 US Open 9 Ball - Outright
Show All
Today 12:45 EDT
8/11

Jayson Shaw

7/2

Francisco Sanchez Ruiz

5/1

Chang Jung Lin

7/1

Eklent Kaci

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Keith is still asleep, and I'm not very savvy with odds. Who is the favorite? Is it Klenti Kaci?

Chang is the favorite...you have to bet $3 to win $2
If you bet $4 on Kaçi, you win $5

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
No wonder they take bets on pool those odds on Shaw to win from here are brutal :mad:

I have bet a few times directly in Sheffield...one of the odds-makers played snooker...
...I asked him if all youse guys mugged old ladies with a sockful of gravel In your spare time...
...he said that was a pretty good idea.....:rolleyes:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If the number on the left is smaller than the number on the right, that's the favorite.

So Shaw and Chang are the favorites to win. No surprise. But Chang is the outright favorite, since the difference between the two numbers is smaller.

A $4 bet on Chang wins you $6

A $4 bet on Shaw wins you $9

The bookies must have a lot of faith in Chang to make him the outright favorite. Considering he has to win 3 matches to win it all, and Shaw only has to win 2 matches.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the number on the left is smaller than the number on the right, that's the favorite.

So Shaw and Chang are the favorites to win. No surprise. But Chang is the outright favorite, since the difference between the two numbers is smaller.

The bookies must have a lot of faith in Chang to make him the outright favorite. Considering he has to win 3 matches to win it all, and Shaw only has to win 2 matches.
Those odds are for the matches only lol

Not the outright winner

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Somebody told me that those odds were not on the winner of the tournament, but rather the odds were on the individual matches that were upcoming. The odds will change, I guess, after the matches are played and there's 3 or 2 men left standing.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

here are the outright winners odds

Shaw is big time favorite you have to bet 1100 to win 800 brutal

22904898_10155802332677152_563531564909017253_o.jpg

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Somebody told me that those odds were not on the winner of the tournament, but rather the odds were on the individual matches that were upcoming. The odds will change, I guess, after the matches are played and there's 3 or 2 men left standing.

here are the outright winners odds

Shaw is big time favorite you have to bet 1100 to win 800 brutal

View attachment 474365

That certainly makes more sense.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think all those odds stink imo house house has a big advantage on all of them :shrug:

Last edited: