Hills Cues Has Gone Down Hill

cajunbarboxplyr

Beatem down wit a Varney
Silver Member
Wow see that's some nice stuff right there.

I do feel better about life now as well lol thanks for the compliments, thanks as well from me to your local cue angel ;)

Too bad az isn't a real place. We could all chip in a raffle and pay the cost your out.....and stick that dam cue on display in the lobby's "wall of shame"

Hell we got tons of computer nerds here.

Some one build a website

Www.cuemakingwallofshame.com

Featuring legends such as Eddie wheat.....

I may have to talk to my buddy the other grey and see about getting him into one of these quiet sharp shooters I enjoy making lol....

Bad vibes man they will leech into your bones ladies and gents.

There's always gonna be nits nuts dregs and such in the game the biz the forum......just like life.....but I've traveled enough, played enough, been on this forum for so long there are without a doubt many many fine folks and salts o the earth here and around us.....sometimes you just gotta show up to find them.

Best wishes to all,
-grheyghostious decimus meridius
(Friend to the players of the north, builder of my murdered cue....and I will have my revenge....in this life or the next...and she will be made anew!!!)

Lol I like jokes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I miss me some Eddie Wheats of the world... :):):):)

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I only buy cues that I can pick up, hold in my hands and hit balls with, with rare exceptions; Ginacue, TAD, Tascarella. These are the only cues I've ever ordered and waited for.
IMO every cue is different, even ones made by the same cue maker. Different pieces of wood have a slightly different feel to them, regardless of how identically they are constructed. Same goes for pool tables, no two are exactly the same. That's right, no two Gold Crowns or Diamonds will play exactly the same. Close but not perfect. That's why the best players always practice the break shot before a match, since no two "identical" tables will break the same.

And that's a fact Jack! :thumbup:

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Unfortunate how this has become a common occurance in cue building.

they keep it up and eventually were gonna need a dam contractors liscense and permits to build cues for sale......sounds really dumb but look at everything else in building things.....some fine guys and women aren't legit general service carpenters and such, some are........the ones that dont liscense and screw people over are why that liscense and such exists to begin with.

i know this if i do put up anything for sale on the net, here, facebook or where ever there will be links to vids of it spinning in lathe and such to show straight and bla bla bla......then maybe i can just send the cue....they recieve it as expected and send payment....

tho no matter what anyone does or tries to do the bad apples will find a way to either say hijack a cue, or cuemaker hijack player.....its really more like hijackers hijackking hijackers....its not a cue maker or player thing.

its a some people just plain suck thing.

-greyghost

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
I miss me some Eddie Wheats of the world... :):):):)

just click search and have a flash backs

or just buy leauxcal and go see the evening showing of Jason and the ArgoNits.

if you get a big ruck sack you can carry me on your back like yoda....ill do the barking and just talk with your hands while i speak like quattro does on total recall......

Evangeline Nitway is flooded.....

We need the Nitlander.....there can be only one!

vacation

Living Good.
Silver Member
just click search and have a flash backs

or just buy leauxcal and go see the evening showing of Jason and the ArgoNits.

if you get a big ruck sack you can carry me on your back like yoda....ill do the barking and just talk with your hands while i speak like quattro does on total recall......

Evangeline Nitway is flooded.....

We need the Nitlander.....there can be only one!

I don't know anything about the guy, but when you mentioned his name, I remember seeing this, as I often search "'cuesmith' craigslist" in Google...

Screen%20Shot%202016-08-12%20at%208.35.06%20PM_zpso1g8lji6.png

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
I don't know anything about the guy, but when you mentioned his name, I remember seeing this, as I often search "'cuesmith' craigslist" in Google...

Screen%20Shot%202016-08-12%20at%208.35.06%20PM_zpso1g8lji6.png

hes just in the az and cue hall of shame.....i think he may also be in the sharpie hall of fame though

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
The sharpie?...This sounds like it could be an interesting story.

A long long time ago in a az forum far far away......came a cue maker with dreams of kao kao tiwan and how to make them real with a sharpie marker....the cue buyers were fraught with peril.

And a many a member did shout. One of their saviors a came in the hands of a shaky gun.

The wheat buck had no value and doth did the customers former and would be did run.

But eddies toast.....lucky he wasn't put out to roast.

So get you some wood make sure it is fine...get you a cuebuilder who's never looking at his watch figuring.....

Sharpie time

Long game rhymer,
-the greyyyyy ghost

MidKnight_Rider

Registered
A long long time ago in a az forum far far away......came a cue maker with dreams of kao kao tiwan and how to make them real with a sharpie marker....the cue buyers were fraught with peril.

And a many a member did shout. One of their saviors a came in the hands of a shaky gun.

The wheat buck had no value and doth did the customers former and would be did run.

So get you some wood make sure it is fine...get you a cuebuilder who's never looking at his watch figuring.....

Sharpie time

Long game rhymer,
-the greyyyyy ghost

(sniff) That was...wonderful. Not sure I understand what it all means, but it sounds like an even better story than I thought.

Remy

Fear none, respect all.
Silver Member

Sharpie time

Long game rhymer,
-the greyyyyy ghost

Lol that's awesome! Um, unfortunately I was the one who bought the famously infamous sharpie cue. In other words Eddie's rings were done with a sharpie over maple and then the finish was applied, lol.

I even tried giving the cue away here on AZB but the admins deleted the thread, lol.
I finally gave it to a local APA player, last time I saw him was 2 yrs ago and he was still playing with it.

I never was a fan of Darrin Hill and I'm very sorry about your experience with him.

MidKnight_Rider

Registered
Lol that's awesome! Um, unfortunately I was the one who bought the famously infamous sharpie cue. In other words Eddie's rings were done with a sharpie over maple and then the finish was applied, lol.

I even tried giving the cue away here on AZB but the admins deleted the thread, lol.
I finally gave it to a local APA player, last time I saw him was 2 yrs ago and he was still playing with it.

I never was a fan of Darrin Hill and I'm very sorry about your experience with him.

I appreciate that you feel my pain. Some of the color lines in my cue pictured seem to have been "enhanced" with a sharpie as well. I am sorry you got had the way you did. I guess in any market you are going to have crooks and hustlers. Its a shame that it takes away from the other true artists in the industry.
He certainly doesnt have many fans around these parts anymore. Hes ripped off friends, lawyers, dealers and just about anyone else he can get to believe his BS and trust him. I saw he was selling he cues on eBay for next to nothing not long ago.
I guess we both learned a lesson. I hope yours wasnt as expensive as mine.

mrkdenton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just read a thread of Darin hill posting good bye to the pool world. But I'm just curious if Darin hill gave back all the money back he took from people as deposits to build them cues around the time I bought his complete shop in late May 2017. And after that date.
Really sad to see a person completely scam people out of there hard earned money.

mrkdenton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got about 20 posts in before I realized this thread is almost 2 years old. LOL

Yes. Lol. It's two years old. But I heard he is still taking people's deposits with no way of making a cue or no intention of making a cue. So I was just seeing if maybe Darin hill has returned three money. And it kind of struck a cord with me when I just read his little. Farewell post on here from like a month ago.

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
I just read a thread of Darin hill posting good bye to the pool world. But I'm just curious if Darin hill gave back all the money back he took from people as deposits to build them cues around the time I bought his complete shop in late May 2017. And after that date.
Really sad to see a person completely scam people out of there hard earned money.
Hi,
have you my Woods(I send to him) in your shop which he not gave me back:angry:
2 pieces of curly OAK from Meridian blades about 30 Inch Long each.
Thanks,
Ralf

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
Not sure if all you read Hill's explanation in what he's currently doing in (last I heard/read) Arizona.

He's reacquiring equipment for cue-making, but that info is about 6 months old.

:confused:

mrkdenton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure if all you read Hill's explanation in what he's currently doing in (last I heard/read) Arizona.

He's reacquiring equipment for cue-making, but that info is about 6 months old.

:confused:

No. That info (gossip) is way wrong. Lol

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Hi,

have you my Woods(I send to him) in your shop which he not gave me back:angry:

2 pieces of curly OAK from Meridian blades about 30 Inch Long each.

Thanks,

Ralf

I know he was a....
735f1d5c9526f8a55fd6c645071075ce.jpg

But I don’t hunk it should be necessarily his responsibility, I think if he does have them and wants to send to ya that would be pretty bad ass but I’d understand anyone’s investment.

So if it means that much to ya......pick up the shipping and I’ll shoot ya a 8/4 short slab 30”+ long. 400 year old live oak.

dd0a4a913479f4d0127bd93e9885d57f.jpg
cd9314e87dfa201117069c97dd4c309f.jpg

Many of us just wish for happy results and happy players/customers.....I have had plenty of really cool and gracious clients who are patient with my own works and endeavors. Many of us have other careers and or go through things....guys shops burned, hell my home during our great flood I was great until the ceiling fell in 🤣. One things sure through good or bad trouble or on time the best people stay in contact with each other, build personal relationships.....customer and maker/artist whatever you happen to be. Personally the personal relationship part I think is most important, even with enjoyment for the work and good technique the more an individual cares about their work, is patient and never hasty.....things tend to turn out pretty well....no one goes off air, no robbing, no ditching bla bla.

Just be honest things work out. Never expect good from making buyers,sellers, or makers nervous or mad etc.

Unless your whistle blowing on guys like ummm hmm....we sure as hell don’t need and cue maker dump artists no matter how well their work may be. Kinda like we don’t like cheaters even if they happen to be the best ever at whatever pool or not.