bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Last edited:

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can you get these glasses just for magnification purposes? My eyes aren’t really bad but are getting old, wondering if they will help.
Readers. Used them for pool too. Flipped them over and used a strap to hold them in place. Don't use 'em anymore.

Coos Cues

Coos Cues
Can you get these glasses just for magnification purposes? My eyes aren’t really bad but are getting old, wondering if they will help.
I need a plus 4.0 to read and wear soft contacts that do the trick. No bifocal issues just old eyes. My eyeglasses make everything look huge on the pool table like 4 inch balls and I simply can't play with them on. Do better with nothing than with those magnifying glasses on.

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe.

My vision isn't bad, but I have some eye damage and one eye sees better than the other.

So wearing glasses equalizes my vision and can help with eye strain.

Get an eye exam and then assess...

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi all,
Does anyone have recommendations on pool eyeglasses.

I have an eye issue and cannot get surgery or contacts

I Have heard of Curren eyeglasses, but the $500 entry may price me out...

thanks in advance
Why can you not get contacts.
Just curious.
Astigmatisms can be corrected with contacts these days.

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have Curren and couldn't be happier with them. Spend the extra money and get the best.

Hi all,
Does anyone have recommendations on pool eyeglasses.

I have an eye issue and cannot get surgery or contacts

I Have heard of Curren eyeglasses, but the $500 entry may price me out...

thanks in advance
I have made a selection and will hopefully write a review on them in a month (when they are delivered).

Thanks for all the info, I learned a few things for sure...

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got a new Rx pair of glasses.

It’s no joke what they cost these days. Wow!!! Ouch!!!

I can’t play with glasses. Wish I could but impossible. Never could. Contacts only for me.

Good luck,
Fatboy 🤓

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Playing on a 7ft diamond I dont need glasses, but on the 9ft I do need glasses, especially when low on a long shot. Not sure how to explain this to the optometrist. Anyone only need glasses on big tables and did you get a prescription/style that worked for you?t

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Playing on a 7ft diamond I dont need glasses, but on the 9ft I do need glasses, especially when low on a long shot. Not sure how to explain this to the optometrist. Anyone only need glasses on big tables and did you get a prescription/style that worked for you?t
You just said it. A good doc can understand what you said

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have had these Hurricane Snooker glasses from Spex4less for several years and like them. They cost a fraction of what Curran and others cost. They are from England and even with shipping they were around $110usd.
I tried them
i have a difficult prescription because i have whats called a phoria and astigmatism
they couldnt get the prescription right for me
i could be an outlier as i have heard good things about them

406jwh

I wear my regular glasses with no issues. Preferred contacts until I got astigmatism in my dominante eye and I can not get used to the weighted contacts at all. So glasses it's been

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Toxictom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wear my regular glasses with no issues. Preferred contacts until I got astigmatism in my dominante eye and I can not get used to the weighted contacts at all. So glasses it's been

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
I also have astigmatism and tried weighted contacts. I had a hell of a time trying to get them in and out so I gave up.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go to an optometrist. Get a prescription that blends the best combination of reading and distance prescriptions.

I had cataract surgery 3 years ago and now don’t use any glasses to read or shoot pool. What a great difference.
Prior to that I wore glasses for reading and driving. My optometrist basically weakened my reading prescription &
strengthened my prescription for distance into a new prescription that gave me the best of both worlds. It was trial
and error in his office that took 20-25 minutes but it was perfect. I had clear vision at about 3ft away & up to 10-12ft.

The best part is I didn’t need to wear those funky pool glasses and so I had two pairs made. One was a Ray Ban
Aviator style frame in a 62 width instead of 58. The other pair was a Maui Jim wrap around pair of sunglasses but
with clear lenses like the Ray Ban frame also had. This is the best way to get glasses to play pool and look better.