1000 Ball Run

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I read the comments, and, yes, it seemed like he was always talking about 7-footer vs. 9-footer. So I wonder whether he still feels that an 8-footer is easier than either of those (all other things equal) for 14.1.
I agree that 100%
8-footer is easiest, then 7ft, then 9 and then 10...

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did a bar table vs a 9’. League cut 7’ Diamond and factory cut 9’ GC4. Equivalent cloth, balls, pockets. Recorded my runs for 60 some innings on each. The bar table was night and day easier. I’d bet the house if any player tried 20 or 30 innings on each, both their total and high run would be higher on the 7’. And I’d bet the house on every level player. From banger to Shaw.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did a bar table vs a 9’. League cut 7’ Diamond and factory cut 9’ GC4. Equivalent cloth, balls, pockets. Recorded my runs for 60 some innings on each. The bar table was night and day easier. I’d bet the house if any player tried 20 or 30 innings on each, both their total and high run would be higher on the 7’. And I’d bet the house on every level player. From banger to Shaw.
I started playing pool when i was 14. I made my first 97 run on 8-foot table after few months. Maybe 10th time i played the game. I was still totally newbie and was only ok pocketing skills and could draw ball little. Took 15 years to beat it on 9-foot tables...

fjk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it's like saying "anyone who can get 40 years old can get 5 million years old"
(that's in ball ballpark of probability for normal mortals to run 150 in a year und needing 5 million years to run 1000)

(more accurate is probably: a player who can run 40 has a realistic chance to run 80 once if practicing a ton.
someone regularly running 150 has a good chance of running 300+ once (ballpark of life high runs of Mizerak and Sigel).

And someone regularly running 400 may get lucky once and run 700
Send me all the raw data and I could provide the probability. That's assuming the data follow some recognizable distribution.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I started playing pool when i was 14. I made my first 97 run on 8-foot table after few months. Maybe 10th time i played the game. I was still totally newbie and was only ok pocketing skills and could draw ball little. Took 15 years to beat it on 9-foot tables...
Omg. I am quite jealous. On a 9ft I have run 50, and then 51, and then 51 again. I am stuck at this number.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
thats quite hard to believe i must say

dquarasr

Registered
Sure, John Schmidt had better days and worse days. He has his A game and C game sometimes (days when he hardly could put 100 togeter and days when he puts half a dozen 200+.
I would love it if I could run 100 on my BEST day.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
thats quite hard to believe i must say

Getting on about six break shots and having the table management skills that fast are both surprising. On the other hand a poster with a solid reputation is making the claim. I have to believe him. I suspect that was a furniture grade table and that he wasn't running numbers anywhere close to that most of the time. Then again, who knows?

My brother who wasn't a benchrest shooter put five shots into a group that measured 0.17" center to center at fifty yards with a Suhl I had just bought. Think a bughole! It was still in the factory original wood stock and he was shooting with iron sights. I took one look and proclaimed I wasn't shooting the gun until I got a 40x scope on it. I didn't either!

Hu

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The financial incentive was there and both records were broken. Schmidt had it from Predator and made 626. Shaw had it from B.C. and made 714.

Me personally, if 1BB dollars were offered, and all the pros played non-stop straight pool for one year, I don't see 1000 happening.
You after Black Balled's money?(BB dollars)😃😄😁😆😅

Last edited:

CanadianGuy

maybe just maybe.......

consider Schmidt's skill, education, and experience in this matter and recognize that he's right about smaller being easier, full stop

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Schmidt just played with a template rack. In his first 3 innings, he ran 285, 155, and 491. Not bad!

1712767687270.png

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
so hes kind of going back and forth the whole post

yeah i did this seemed hella easy
im not gonna try it but i probably could break the record if i did
but too old, not gonna try anymore just saying, hella easy

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
so hes kind of going back and forth the whole post

yeah i did this seemed hella easy
im not gonna try it but i probably could break the record if i did
but too old, not gonna try anymore just saying, hella easy
Who cares his flip flopping. He ran 491. That's all that matters. That's as high as the sky.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Who cares his flip flopping. He ran 491. That's all that matters. That's as high as the sky.
He only did that post because of Jayson obviously

Pretty stupid sounding on him

And if 491 was real he’d probably put it up
Can’t imagine why he’d not want to lol