BE AWARE AZ SCAMMERS

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol some dude wanted write me out a check for a cue,mean while i go ahead send him the cue with a tracking. A well known clown on here wants best price then makes up bs why not buy cue only to leave himself meat on bone for resell not pay market price under retail. This site has realy went down hill. very sad for someone like me been around cues as hobby since the 70s.

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your original post had no suggestions to fix, no isolation or identification of key issues, nor did you bring any critical insight to the issues raised.

Pointless posts get pointless responses.
well aren't you bright.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have bought and sold misc items on the forum and have either paid by check or postal MO, or accepted check or postal MO. I just don't do paypal. Anyway, I always have had a positive experience with members on here except for one time. When buying, I just tell them to wait till they feel comfortable that my check or MO clears, and when selling I mostly tell them the same, but in all honestly, if a small amount, under $200 or so, I will most always send right away, and quite frankly most all small purchases I have done from members on here have done the same.
I did have one purchase of a cue not go the greatest due to a condition issue not being disclosed. It was a member that had a pretty good reputation and I felt comfortable sending a check. Told him to sit on it till he felt my check had cleared. He actually sent it within a day or two of getting my check, all great so far. Cue was packed very good.
Immediately when putting cue together I noticed a flaw in the butt cap and texted him right away with pictures. I was very nice about it, and didn't accuse him of intentionally trying to cheat me. He said he didn't know about it but thought it probably was a scratch, I said looked to be a crack, but I would try and buff out to better know. The next day let him know it still looked to be a crack but I was not asking to return the cue. While I didn't tell him he needed to compensate me for that, I was expecting that he would at least offer something, I know I would have.
Anyway, nothing was offered, and I moved on with life. I never posted a bad review of him on here as I guess it's possible that he didn't see it before sending, but it was pretty obvious. The cost of repair was $125 but not the end of the world. Live and learn, I probably will never buy a used cue again on here though.

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have bought and sold misc items on the forum and have either paid by check or postal MO, or accepted check or postal MO. I just don't do paypal. Anyway, I always have had a positive experience with members on here except for one time. When buying, I just tell them to wait till they feel comfortable that my check or MO clears, and when selling I mostly tell them the same, but in all honestly, if a small amount, under $200 or so, I will most always send right away, and quite frankly most all small purchases I have done from members on here have done the same.
I did have one purchase of a cue not go the greatest due to a condition issue not being disclosed. It was a member that had a pretty good reputation and I felt comfortable sending a check. Told him to sit on it till he felt my check had cleared. He actually sent it within a day or two of getting my check, all great so far. Cue was packed very good.
Immediately when putting cue together I noticed a flaw in the butt cap and texted him right away with pictures. I was very nice about it, and didn't accuse him of intentionally trying to cheat me. He said he didn't know about it but thought it probably was a scratch, I said looked to be a crack, but I would try and buff out to better know. The next day let him know it still looked to be a crack but I was not asking to return the cue. While I didn't tell him he needed to compensate me for that, I was expecting that he would at least offer something, I know I would have.
Anyway, nothing was offered, and I moved on with life. I never posted a bad review of him on here as I guess it's possible that he didn't see it before sending, but it was pretty obvious. The cost of repair was $125 but not the end of the world. Live and learn, I probably will never buy a used cue again on here though.
I would not buy a used cue anywhere without seeing it.

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm bright enough not to have any of the problems you are having.

But I'm also significantly more native to digital commerce.

Perhaps you should stick to CraigsList.
your new comer. on az 22. been on here for years. you missed boat when this kind of bs rarely existed!

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sadly I think it's inevitable as time passes. More email scams, text scams, phone call scams as more people use digital tools in place of personal interaction.

Reactions: bbb

Flakeandrun

Forums and online market places are great ways to broaden your search for a cue. But I'd always recommend meeting in person. I had very positive experience using the forum to find my current cue. Met up with the guy in TW, had a little play, had a little haggle, made a new friend.

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
I am a Nigerian prince here to tell you about an amazing investment option. I have 2 million dollars worth of diamonds held in a safety deposit box. However, I need 200 dollars to activate the account to access the diamonds. You may pm me your birthday, social security number and checking account number to confirm that you have sufficient funds to cover the transaction. Then you may PayPal or zell me the 200 dollars and you will be instantly wealthy. Act fast before the deep state shuts me down.

outrider1

Registered
Lately I sent $1400 via PayPal for a Bill McDaniel cue. Seller wanted f&f. I only pay g&s since '97. He scammed me by never shipping. So,I had PayPal get my money back and 2 weeks later I was reimbursed. Careful who you do business with on here folks.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I’ve been a member here for many years. Never have had a bad deal.

Don’t think I have ever swung a deal here though. 🤓