Flu season

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone else struggling this winter with colds and flu’s? This is the fourth time I’ve been sick since December with a cold. I am only 41, perfect health, proper weight, eat well, nothing wrong with blood. Is it really bad outside of Massachusetts also?

This is pool related because it is preventing me from playing pool.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone else struggling this winter with colds and flu’s? This is the fourth time I’ve been sick since December with a cold. I am only 41, perfect health, proper weight, eat well, nothing wrong with blood. Is it really bad outside of Massachusetts also?

This is pool related because it is preventing me from playing pool.
78 degrees in nashvegas, sun is shining, birds are chirping, and the dang bradford pears are blooming and stinking to high heaven. No flu here.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cuts down on colds, also.
I didn't know this. I still never had have the flu before, but if it helps with colds then I am in.

I also don't like this 2nd Law of Thermodynamics that defines irreversible entropic direction in the known universe. It is affecting my age in a way that am uncomfortable with.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm in Atl currently, but a lot of my pool friends in Philly have been sick the past few weeks.

I was sick it seemed with 4 back to back colds/maybe flus from about sept to jan. Finally I've been super good since then. Knock on wood.

I do get the flu shot yearly starting from about 10 years ago, after getting sick bad almost every year before. Except for last year, I felt it has helped.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A couple of coughy/runny nose colds, and my annual "set the calendar by it" bout of bronchitis, but nothing unusual or difficult...

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Currently suffering through a blizzard. Zero pollen cuz the darn snow knocks it down...constantly.
I'm sure there are colds and influenza out there also, but probably buried in the endless snow.
Five months ago I trudged through the snow and got a flu shot so I'm good on that front.

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In order to have had a cold 4 times since Dec., you had to have had 4 different strains, because your immune system will keep you from getting the same viral strain again so soon. Unless you're a world traveler exposed to different strains, that shouldn't happen. Perhaps something else is going on, like a sinus infection that keeps recurring because it hasn't cleared up yet. You should see a doctor. You may need antibiotics.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
The best thing you can do to prevent getting a sickness of any kind is to not touch, rub or scratch your eyes. I have dust mite and tree pollen allergies so it can be a real chore to not do so. If I have to itch them for some reason I'll wash my hands properly before doing so, but even then I try not to.

Your eyes have basically no defense so touch them at your own risk. I used to be sick constantly and this really cut down instances of sickness of any kind.

Flakeandrun

Seasonal change brings the lurgy.
Still never had Covid, but certainly prone to sickness at this transitional time of year (along with summer/autumn transition).
Always have been... in every country I've lived in.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Currently suffering through a blizzard. Zero pollen cuz the darn snow knocks it down...constantly.
I'm sure there are colds and influenza out there also, but probably buried in the endless snow.
Five months ago I trudged through the snow and got a flu shot so I'm good on that front.
We are in different worlds. Snowed here on Coast three times since the 60's. I have not seen an icicle here since I was a kid. We have two seasons: summer and cooler. No Spring. No Fall. 150 miles north, however, weather at the hunting camp is completely different: true Spring, jasmine blooming in the pines, and turkeys just beginning to gobble.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Move to Florida like everyone else is doing - hardly ever even a cold down here in seven years- every time I go north for a visit I catch a virus - outdoors all year round is a much healthier lifestyle if you do everything else right - eating and exercise.

The lack of taxes down here will make you feel better too😁😁

TeddyKGB

bottom line is viruses are carried from contact with surfaces and people.

Keep a decent distance when youre talking to people, you shouldnt be able to smell their breath. Fist bump instead of handshakes, i dont care if people think im a douche bag because of it, people are gross, they go to the bathroom, touch theirselves, wipe their nose, and who knows when they last washed their hands. To add to that, wash your hands frequently.

And lastly, get good sleep. Most of the time if I get sick its beacuse ive had a few long days in a row, hit the gym anyway, and slept for 5 or 6 hours a few days in a row.