Pool players with talent thats less Unfortunet

robleyf7

AZB Horse 2016
Silver Member
i just found your thread. it's true, your spelling sucks, but mine is not that great either; besides your spelling is about the same a Fatboy's and he is really cool, so don't worry about it too much!

just kidding with you so please do not be offended. i like to joke sometimes.

it was really so interesting to read your thread. and then later find Bigtrucks thread. it seems you had many troubles in life, but always kept you head up high and had the priorities in life in good order. that is something that i have trouble with and you seem so much better than me.

i was so happy to read about you; both from this post and from Bigtruck's. and it was wonderful to see all of the support you received from our fellow AZ'ers. really a beautiful story.

first i want to wish you the best-of-luck in the tournament! but there is more i want to say.

my opinion: i hope you see how many folks are 'by your side' and i hope you can see the reason. i will just say my opinion:

i think it is because so many folks admire you. in my mind that means that i think you can be successful in building a good life for yourself. i think you could be successful in not only playing pool, but in a good job too. i'm sure you can see how many folks who do not know you are by your side.

it seems to me, that there were a few negative posts here, and even though they were unkind, they also felt you could be MORE! and do it all by yourself.

i wish you the best, the VERY BEST! but my wishes are just inconsequential. they are just wishes. i will today add to your fund and it will be my pleasure. but most of all i would like you to know that you have made a success of not only your pool life, but your non-pool life and future as well.

i have an idea in my head. it has been with me for many hours. i know me. and not always, but sometimes i have good ideas. but with the help of many others, maybe we can help you more. but let's leave that for now.

just do your best in nawlins and best of luck!

always,
smokey

nah its kool i like too joke around alot too :p so no worries

i wouldent say that i.m better then anyone else just its just if u know what u want then go for it stick with it

yea BigTruck is an wunderfull person for starting all this for me i wouldent have asked for none of this on my own :p...an as for all the az,ers well all i can say is thanks for all the help yall have given me now ann in the future someone way or another yall will be blessed an ur kindness will be returned

thanks alot for the good luck i.m workin hard on my game atm i have 8 days left to get in stroke an fine Tuned an ready to snap off this tournament or atleast try my best...all in all i.m going to have funn

thanks i will do my best in my pool life an my real life

thanks an god bless

Robley

gabesmom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ok i been wanted to get this off my chest for a while i prolly spelled unfortunet wrong but thats ok ok here it goes....i.m Robley Fontenot from Eunice louisiana small town well this is for all the Talented pool players in small town.s or where ever they live that has no money or very lil an has alot of talent an knoledge of the game like me i have alot of talent an knoledge of pool i play league 3 nites a week an its going to waste im 31 years old i been playing since i was 15 i played alot of pool tournaments an i have beat few pro,s such as Erman bullard/bustermerchant/kim white/an allmost dbl diped hill billy in 8ball tournament anyways i.m 1 of the lil ppl that has mad talent an alot of knoledge for the game an i love shooting pool my goal was to turn pro by the time i was 30 but onlything is holding me back is money an know body in Eunice or around wants to sponser a pool player or take me on the road or under there wings u know i know i can do good out there in the pool world i know yall dont know me some of yalll have seen me play like hill billy/lil d/chris miller/ Ray AKA Big Truck seen me shoot at white diamonds last time they had it i was the handicap guy lol but anyways i.m not trying to woof at anyone or anything imma try to Explain how decent i am at pool if i start shooting everyday i would be better then lil d an chip compton chris miller i.m just wrighting this cuz sitting at home isent getting me anywheres an def not getting me noticed by anyone so if anyone out there is willing to check me out an gimme a chance to show what i got an prove that i can handle the pool world message me on here or my home phone is 337-466-3039 i have no car or anything but if it aint to far to drive i might beable to get a ride to where u r so thanks for listening an take care

You now have more to add to this story! :clapping: :joyful:

I don't know what the tournie pays, (geez, you've won already! :wink:)....but maybe you can use some of the extra funds you've received, and if you cash, to get a car soon too.

Last edited:

robleyf7

AZB Horse 2016
Silver Member
You now have more to add to this story! :clapping: :joyful:

I don't know what the tournie pays, (geez, you've won already! :wink:)....but maybe you can use some of the extra funds you've received, and if you cash, to get a car soon too.

yup yup i will do that i.ll start lookin around

an the tournament i think will pay 5500++ for 1st place

Last edited:

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
np center pocket an erman bullard is pro not sure if he even shoots anymore he was really sick last i heard so is kim white shes a tourring pro buster merchant is somebody i played in eunice few years agohe used to shoot really strong he was a road player i guess i beat him in a 8b tournament i.m sure u can google kim white an erman bullard not sure about buster merchant
What you up to these days Robleyf7 ???? Hope all is going great for you bud

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The thread is 15 years old and he was last seen 2 years ago.
Hopefully he went back to school to learn English.
To be semi literate in 2024 is awful.
I looked up his fargo rating and he's in the 670's. Not too shabby! I'll admit that his earlier posts where he says he'd be better than Chip kinda had me chuckling.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I looked up his fargo rating and he's in the 670's. Not too shabby! I'll admit that his earlier posts where he says he'd be better than Chip kinda had me chuckling.
And he's got a physical disability...as in legally.

I'm sure neither he nor chip want to play each other outside of a tournament.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
after all these years if he was going to be a champ time has passed him by.
pool is a dead end if you expect to make any decent money or even a meager living at it.
many past great players came from a pool family who owned a pool room or worked in one. so played all day for free and or in action.

a 670 fargo rating cant beat the better players in a big pool room. let alone go on the tournament trail.
lets get real.

WobblyStroke

pool is a dead end if you expect to make any decent money or even a meager living at it.
many past great players came from a pool family who owned a pool room or worked in one. so played all day for free and or in action.

a 670 fargo rating cant beat the better players in a big pool room. let alone go on the tournament trail.
lets get real.
true but 670 withlittle practice and play time can explode upwards in a hurry if fully committed.

Unfortunately, a lot of talent and no shot to develop it is very common. I mean it has to be if just in my lil circle there are 2 such guys. Both are incredibly talented but life's responsibilities and earning a living don't allow them to compete at the high level they are capable of. The most talented one moved here briefly and was pro speed back home in middle east. but with a family to support, he barely got to play. His obvious talent got noticed and he got backed in some tourneys and won every single one he entered as he had no fargo till he was rated too high and couldnt get into the juicy ones.... this is a guy playing one day a week! He had to move for work and last I heard, hasn't touched a cue in 6months. sometimes it's just not in the cards.

Then there's this mindblowing stat to consider (with the grain of salt that all stats on the internet are fake ).... about 80% of men in their 30s think they could have gone pro at some sport if only this or that. 80 f'n percent! tbh 10% would be absurdly high. I know several pro athletes. they're a different animal. but normies that dominate leagues and local tourneys can dream. Truth is, just about all of us have gone pro in what we could have gone pro in. Everyone at the top is super talented these days.

Last edited:

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
anyone that picks his strengths well will usually go towards the top if he is willing to put in the effort.
your intelligence and abilities determine where you end up, as long as you are enterprising.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
In 2015 I was at the White Diamonds tournament in Lafayette. I got to meet Robley and many others that posted in this thread.
Jamie Baraks took it down if I remember correctly. Joey A introduced me to Jeremy Jones there. I sold every mini cue I brought, it was a blast. Like Bob mentioned Robley found his way and has been making and repairing pool cues.
I remember Rob was a good kid and Baraks could flat out play.

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

lets get real.
I’ve been a 685 for 12 years , I get em all day everyday across this country .They say “I’ll call someone “ I say “don’t call 1 call 10 of em “ First player they call beats me , 2nd player might win , the next 8 get drilled . Be very careful gauging a player by a guy that sits in his basement in Fargo North Dakota with no girlfriend and can’t make a straight in shot ….. I hope the guy is doing great , next time I’m rolling through South Louisiana headed to Nola I’ll stop in and get some cue work done , heck I might just bring him your way MAHA !!!! See what you wanna do 💯

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
i wish him the best and likely he has found his calling in life.
when we find that spot and accept it then we have achieved success.

dreams are great but reality is better.