John W Goodman &Sons/Brunswick.

Almost frozen.

Hello all new here. I recently picked up an old Brunswick 10ft table. I have been doing a lot of research which has led me to learn the frame/base/legs of our table is a John W Goodman & Sons. The slate and rails are Brunswick.

Does anyone know the history of J W Goodman and Brunswick? Finding very little online. When did Brunswick buy them out or merge with Goodman?

I am trying to figure out if there’s 10’s of thousands of these tables or hundreds. How big was Goodman? Did they make 100 tables a year or 10k?

Anything information you can provide me is greatly appreciated.

The picture is what our table looks like except it has 5 rail bolts instead of 4.
IMG_3822.jpeg

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll take a wild guess. If there was 10's of thousands of Goodman tables, it wouldn't be a mystery. We would all know.

Search.. Clay Center, Kansas antique Billiards.
They will likely know everything there is about your table.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Consider the population of the U.S. when these tables were mfg. Now consider how many people could afford one of these tables back then. As a home table it would have very limited distribution in its time- mostly mansion size homes.

The key would be whether or not the Goodman tables were mfg. only for home use or also for commercial use. If Goodman tables were made for commercial use there would obviously have been many more produced.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll take a wild guess. If there was 10's of thousands of Goodman tables, it wouldn't be a mystery. We would all know.

Search.. Clay Center, Kansas antique Billiards.
They will likely know everything there is about your table.
Its called 'Billiard Restoration' and Derrick knows a lot about these.

9ballrob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a collection of original nameplates…….many unique and only example known……this is NOT FOR SALE.

Attachments

• 531F8BFD-357B-46A8-9EFC-DAECBC1B3CDF.jpeg
    531F8BFD-357B-46A8-9EFC-DAECBC1B3CDF.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 40

Almost frozen.

I have a collection of original nameplates…….many unique and only example known……this is NOT FOR SALE.
That is really cool. Thank you for sharing. It wouldn’t belong on my table. It has the Brunswick Balke Collender nameplate. But that is a very cool piece.