Sold Original George Balabushka 1960's Mint Condition with 3 Shafts Rare Leather Wrap LOA by Pete Tascarella Serious Buyers Only

Sold Item

Daddybear

Registered
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Original George Balabushka Early 1960's
Rare Leather Wrap is Literally seamless with no shrinkage
Mint Condition
I am including an extremely clean hard case made in 80's.This case goes very well with this beautiful cue.
It's been carefully stored in temperature-controlled safe.
I own approximately 20 cues made by George Balabushka, and all of them are authenticated by Pete.
If you are purchasing this cue, you can contact Pete for reference of my collection.
Serious Buyers only
SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD
I am located near Los Angeles, CA

Attachments

• IMG_6538.jpg
    IMG_6538.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 482
  • IMG_0824.jpeg
    IMG_0824.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 500
  • IMG_0822.jpeg
    IMG_0822.jpeg
    159.2 KB · Views: 481
  • Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 498
  • Image 2.jpg
    Image 2.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 484
  • Image 3.jpg
    Image 3.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 490
  • LOA.jpg
    LOA.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 462
  • Image 4.jpg
    Image 4.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 491
Last edited:

nobid

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, are you planning on selling any of the other 19? i might be interested in buying this or another. do you have any pics of the collection?

Benelli

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Recently two almost identical Balabushka's sold at auction for under 10K each.

I fear the market for these cues has changed, a lot.

nobid

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here and Here

The second belonged to Paul Newman and both had Pete letters.
thanks so much. it's hard to find these sales. i was looking via the usual search engines. i remember these cues going for over 10k for sure, not too long ago. the Newman collection is really cool. to bad there wasn't a pic of him playing with the cue.

Daddybear

Registered
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have seen it on EBay. It was not the same design. The color of titlist was very dull. Something is old and rare does not mean it holds the value. It has to be in a great condition in either unrestored or restored.
It really doesn’t matter what something similar to this sold for. Having over 20 of Balabushka cues from all eras, I could say this, but this is probably the best condition it can be considering its age. Respectively speaking.

Last edited:

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what’s the length? I’ve been looking for an old classic cue in the 59”-60” range.

nobid

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jay, i am seriously interested in buying the cue, or possibly another one in your collection, if any others are for sale. (you must have the largest collection of bushkas! have you ever posted a pic of the collection?) I've never purchased a bushka cue, but have been doing as much research as one can do on the internet. prices of past sales do have an impact on my decision, however, there aren't a lot of sales. besides the price, i worry about fakes, tributes, etc. i trust that you know about this since you've been through this in developing your collection. has Pete ever been wrong? do you have any provenance for the cues? anyways, i will be watching this cue sale. it's outside of what i want to pay right now.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Jay, i am seriously interested in buying the cue, or possibly another one in your collection, if any others are for sale. (you must have the largest collection of bushkas! have you ever posted a pic of the collection?) I've never purchased a bushka cue, but have been doing as much research as one can do on the internet. prices of past sales do have an impact on my decision, however, there aren't a lot of sales. besides the price, i worry about fakes, tributes, etc. i trust that you know about this since you've been through this in developing your collection. has Pete ever been wrong? do you have any provenance for the cues? anyways, i will be watching this cue sale. it's outside of what i want to pay right now.
There are a number of "Balabushkas" in collections that were made by Verl Horn.
They were so good that they fooled people.

Daddybear

Registered
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is why these cues must be authenticated by Pate Tascarella. http://www.tascarellacustomcues.com/
By the way, you see enough of these real ones, reproduction ones are not even close to what the real one look like.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is why these cues must be authenticated by Pate Tascarella. http://www.tascarellacustomcues.com/
By the way, you see enough of these real ones, reproduction ones are not even close to what the real one look like.
I've seen and heard about a few people with the Japan/China replica Balabuskas with the signature on the forearm swear and truly think they have an original.

Daddybear

Registered
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've seen and heard about a few people with the Japan/China replica Balabuskas with the signature on the forearm swear and truly think they have an original.
Those are authorized reproduction by Balabushka's Family. Totally different production toys. Even joints don't match the original.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Those are authorized reproduction by Balabushka's Family. Totally different production toys. Even joints don't match the original.
Yes I know exactly what they are yet some knuckleheads think they are the real ones.
"it's real he signed it"
And on a side note they play quite well.

Daddybear

Registered
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The largest collector has over 180 of them. I am a little collector compared to some big collector.

nobid

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The largest collector has over 180 of them. I am a little collector compared to some big collector.
that's not collecting, that's hoarding. he made 1,200 cues? so 180 is 15% of the total. if there are other collectors like this, then i'm guessing half of all the cues are in a few people's hands. is this a private collection, or something people can see or view on the internet?

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I generally do not like to post in other peoples sales threads, but this means at some point 180 cues may be sold at one time. Sorry, not trying to be morbid, just fact unless you are gifting to a museum or family have interest in cues more than money.
that's not collecting, that's hoarding. he made 1,200 cues? so 180 is 15% of the total. if there are other collectors like this, then i'm guessing half of all the cues are in a few people's hands. is this a private collection, or something people can see or view on the interne