Dave and Brandon Jacoby Inducted into the International Cuemakers Hall Of Fame

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dave Jacoby started doing repairs on cues in 1982. With his son Shane, on a small lathe he purchased from Viking cues, they began tinkering with building cues. Dave continued to build cues as a hobby. In 1996, he incorporated the business with Brandon, changing the company name from Dave’s Cue Service to Jacoby Custom Cues, Inc. Dave quit his job at the local paper mill to take a chance on his dream. In 1998, they moved his shop from his house to a commercial building in the city of Nekoosa, where it is still located today.

Dave’s accomplishments include:

President of the American Cue Makers Association for 6 years

ACA Cue of the Year 1st Place:

2008, 2009, 2016, 2018, 2019. 2023

ACA Cue of the Year 2nd Place:

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2022

Induction into the Wisconsin Billiards Hall of Fame 2019.

Cues displayed at the Milwaukee Arts Museum functional art show.

Dave passed away in 2023 and the Jacoby legacy continues under his son Brandon’s leadership.

shooter_Hans

Congratulations!

Both good guys. I've played with two in my lifetime.

Probably the perfect business model. They are considered custom and production. They can cover the two markets. They also developed a badass shaft, something a lot of cue makers can't do. No cue maker is suddenly going to have their own carbon shafts.

LC3

Playing the table
Silver Member
Great news! Jacoby Cues is a pool success story and an American success story, and their list of accomplishments in the original post speaks for itself. I look forward to congratulating them at SBE this weekend.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dave Jacoby started doing repairs on cues in 1982. With his son Shane, on a small lathe he purchased from Viking cues, they began tinkering with building cues. Dave continued to build cues as a hobby. In 1996, he incorporated the business with Brandon, changing the company name from Dave’s Cue Service to Jacoby Custom Cues, Inc. Dave quit his job at the local paper mill to take a chance on his dream. In 1998, they moved his shop from his house to a commercial building in the city of Nekoosa, where it is still located today.

Dave’s accomplishments include:

President of the American Cue Makers Association for 6 years

ACA Cue of the Year 1st Place:

2008, 2009, 2016, 2018, 2019. 2023

ACA Cue of the Year 2nd Place:

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2022

Induction into the Wisconsin Billiards Hall of Fame 2019.

Cues displayed at the Milwaukee Arts Museum functional art show.

Dave passed away in 2023 and the Jacoby legacy continues under his son Brandon’s leadership.
Great news! And for those that didn't realize, Brandon has not only building cues along with his dad from the very beginning of the company's history, but he's been the main Cuemaker at Jacoby for quite some time, long before Dave passed.

Reactions: bbb

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Brandon does make some beautiful cues. Custom set he made for my best friend. Unfortunately, they were recently stolen. If you come across them, please let me know. Thanks, Shooter08

Attachments

• jacobyset.jpg
    jacobyset.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 31

shooter_Hans

Wow I'm sadden Dave passed away and it was only last year. I've owned a few of his cues and will miss seeing that signature of his.

One of the greats for sure.