Anyone bought the aramith 100's?

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
For those interested:
Aramith 100's have a really nice presentation. Box is heavy duty and the latching mechanism is cool! The Simonis on the lid is a nice touch.

We played with one set of the Aramith 100's for a couple hours last night. It's no surprise that the balls play great. I suspect a lot of this was because they are brand new. That is, we were not able to tell if play was impacted by the new resin, the new anti-kick structure or if it was just plain newness. But, overall, they play great. No unexpected reactions and no kicks (but we do use Taom/Pagulayan chalk). Will keep playing with them and give a longer term report. [edit: one thing I neglected to mention is that the size of the "100" on the cue ball is visually distracting/displeasing. The "100" is oversized as compared to markings on a "normal" cue ball markings and the "100" appears only at one location (there is symmetric look to the cue ball). After a while you get used to it, but (at first) it can look like a large blemish on the ball when it's rolling.

Overall, I this set is a nice addition to the collection. But it's unclear if they have any real "significance" or if they are just a blip on the marketing radar. Aramith may dilute their uniqueness if they push out a bunch of silver standard 100s. But who knows. It's also easy to see that this particular version is most likely not everyone's cup of tea - especially given the price point. If you could only have one set of balls, this is probably not it.

-td

IMG_1966.jpg
IMG_1968.jpg

IMG_1967.jpg

IMG_1962.jpg

Last edited:

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These are more of a collectors item. The resin is super high quality, but the perceived playability is not noticeable. The largest factor is keeping them clean. Because they are more scratch resistant, they are easier to keep clean and for longer, and thus last longer, but you need to keep cleaning them just like any other set. This clearly makes sense because dirt is the number one factor that affects friction, and thus performance. If you keep them clean then they will retain their “new car” performance for a long time.

The CEO of Aramith is also an engineer and I work with directly.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those interested:
Aramith 100's have a really nice presentation. Box is heavy duty and the latching mechanism is cool! The Simonis on the lid is a nice touch.

We played with one set of the Aramith 100's for a couple hours last night. It's no surprise that the balls play great. I suspect a lot of this was because they are brand new. That is, we were not able to tell if play was impacted by the new resin, the new anti-kick structure or if it was just plain newness. But, overall, they play great. No unexpected reactions and no kicks (but we do use Taom/Pagulayan chalk). Will keep playing with them and give a longer term report. [edit: one thing I neglected to mention is that the size of the "100" on the cue ball is visually distracting/displeasing. The "100" is oversized as compared to markings on a "normal" cue ball markings and the "100" appears only at one location (there is symmetric look to the cue ball). After a while you get used to it, but (at first) it can look like a large blemish on the ball when it's rolling.

Overall, I this set is a nice addition to the collection. But it's unclear if they have any real "significance" or if they are just a blip on the marketing radar. Aramith may dilute their uniqueness if they push out a bunch of silver standard 100s. But who knows. It's also easy to see that this particular version is most likely not everyone's cup of tea - especially given the price point. If you could only have one set of balls, this is probably not it.

-td

View attachment 753582View attachment 753585
View attachment 753587
View attachment 753588
I received a boxed set about a month ago that I had ordered from Simonis about a year ago. Sadly I haven’t been able to see them as I’ve chosen (at least for now) to keep them in the sealed plastic, just in case I may decide to sell them for a $ offer I can’t turn down.