Valley 9' Tables

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Biggest i've ever played on was 8ft. Great table. Had tightened pockets and Merc.Ultra cloth. Played really good.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Does Valley make any 9' pool tables and if so how do they play?
Yes, they use to back in the 90's back when I was manufacturing my own line of 8ft and 9ft coin operated King Cobra pool tables. Valley and Dynamo both tried testing out the 9ft market. The problem with their 9fts, was that they were built on the same frame design as their 8fts, 3/4" side panels, 1 piece undersized slates, and frame sag that would make any other Valleys look perfectly level. While I continued building 9fts, they dropped their 9fts by about 1998. One of the biggest problems they faced as well, was that no vending companies wanted to support their sales anymore because those that they did buy were a lost investment. Bar table players pretty much avoided playing on them because of their size, and how badly the balls rolled off from being so swayback.

gambler67

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes, they use to back in the 90's back when I was manufacturing my own line of 8ft and 9ft coin operated King Cobra pool tables. Valley and Dynamo both tried testing out the 9ft market. The problem with their 9fts, was that they were built on the same frame design as their 8fts, 3/4" side panels, 1 piece undersized slates, and frame sag that would make any other Valleys look perfectly level. While I continued building 9fts, they dropped their 9fts by about 1998. One of the biggest problems they faced as well, was that no vending companies wanted to support their sales anymore because those that they did buy were a lost investment. Bar table players pretty much avoided playing on them because of their size, and how badly the balls rolled off from being so swayback.
seems like they would have had a different design knowing there was more weight and valleys already sag on 7' tables, as a guy who started playing on 7' i would much rather play on big tables. i think it's a hopeless cause in most bars because of the space needed but i can't understand why pool halls would want 7' over 9'

realkingcobra

Silver Member
seems like they would have had a different design knowing there was more weight and valleys already sag on 7' tables, as a guy who started playing on 7' i would much rather play on big tables. i think it's a hopeless cause in most bars because of the space needed but i can't understand why pool halls would want 7' over 9'
That's because there is a system of support for 7' bar tables, called leagues. Pool rooms with 9fts have no support system to drive a customer base with.