St Louie Louie Feature Film

Joey27

Registered
Hello All,

The St Louie Louie movie can still happen. In fact we are just getting started and YOU can be a big part of it. I am posting to raise awareness that we are looking for equity investors in the feature film project and if you know anyone, please pass along my information to them. A producer I'm working with from Los Angeles CA can explain the process a bit further as needed.

Also, here is a very recent video capturing a speech about the main character Louie. This is a biopic story of a very important figure in pool history. We don't want this story to be forgotten and left in the ashes. Let's keep the legacy alive!

Last edited:

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really nice, touching video. Great storyline of a very adventure filled life out on the streets of life, if you will. However, 99.9% of a possible movie audience just cannot relate to the life of a pool player any longer bc the internet and the cell phone, etc. etc. have changed the face of peoples' movements and interests so much in the past 15 years.

Perhaps if the movie is screen written in such a way that, like the Hustler, it is not really as much about a pool player's life, as it is about certain tragedies and realizations within life itself- the story line may work---- BUT----if you try to produce a biographical style movie about Louie Robert's life - I do not think that his story alone can stand up as a first rate success- there just is not enough interest in that sort of life story any longer in 2024.

I wish you success, of course I personally would probably enjoy very much any well made movie with pool as a central subject matter, but myself and maybe another 1% of our population just don't represent enough interest in a pool player's life story to lead a movie to huge success.

The COM movie came before the internet age, it also had the foundation of a prior award nominated movie in the Hustler, with MAJOR actors and director involved in it's production ( Newman, Cruise, Scorcese).

For this one now to work- your screen writer(s), director, and producer need to sit down and ask - how do we use the basis of St. Louie Louie's life as just that- a basis, a backdrop, to an otherwise GREAT drama not about pool or Louie specifically, but about human interest, human frailties, human success and failure-- in order to generate great acting, a great plot, and great messaging from the movie.--Just my opinion.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello All,

The St Louie Louie movie can still happen. In fact we are just getting started and YOU can be a big part of it. $100k to $200k to raise from an Equity Investor is needed to get this project started. If you know anyone interested in investing in the project, please let me know. A producer I'm working with from Los Angeles CA can explain the process a bit further, but here is an example of what the initial investment would pay for in the film:

Special FX Breakdown

Stunts Breakdown

Casting Breakdown (in-house)

Casting Director (key/initial) + (in-house)

Budgeting Breakdown (estimate) & Top Sheet (in-house)

Sales Agents/Distribution Attachments (in-house)

Publicist

Screenplay Option

Legal/Accounting/Office

Possible Additional Producer Attachments

Line Producing/Packaging w/Partner Company

Meetings/Meals/Coffee/Etc./Travel

Pitch Materials

Other Possible Attachments (Creative Team/Crew)

Producing Fees/Possible Additional Writer Fees

Misc.

Investment usually looks like this as an example:

$100k investment into dev fund

• Once the production budget is in place and production starts on the project the investor gets back their $100k plus $20k.

• Some type of producing credit, which we will negotiate on their behalf depending on different partner scenarios/distribution, etc. if desired. (some investors prefer not to have a credit)

• 1% bonus fee from the film's ABL producing fees (not including their producing fee above)

• First option to invest in the equity portion of the film (if equity investment is needed)

Also, here is a very recent video capturing a speech about the main character Louie. This is a biopic story of a very important figure in pool history. We don't want this story to be forgotten and left in the ashes. Let's keep the legacy alive!

Script?

I don’t know much about making movies but unless you’re an established producer, if you don’t have a compelling script I think this is all wishful thinking and a financial black hole.

Lou Figueroa

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Show a competently produced 30 sec scene that you can produce the work on low budget, then maybe a higher quality offer will be entertained.

Do something on the phone and edit it in your cinema style. I got this from an insider.

Joey27

Registered
Script?

I don’t know much about making movies but unless you’re an established producer, if you don’t have a compelling script I think this is all wishful thinking and a financial black hole.

Lou Figuero
Show a competently produced 30 sec scene that you can produce the work on low budget, then maybe a higher quality offer will be entertained.

Do something on the phone and edit it in your cinema style. I got this from an insider.
A One-Minute long trailer is already in the works, Professor Justin. Thanks for the suggestion!

Joey27

Registered
Script?

Lou Figueroa
If you'd like to read it I can send it to you via email. But please don't share it with anyone or post it publicly.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
most times everyone gets back some money but the investors on these things.
i wish you good luck if its for real. but i would pick a more well known person who some can identify with.

only 3 pool players known by the general public are mosconi, fats, and mizerack.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great.

But I think I will just pass on things at this stage of the game, I'm really not qualified to evaluate the marketability of a screen play -- good luck with your project.

Lou Figueroa
All that time you spent with Francis Ford Coppola, and Quentin Tarantino should account for something, and what about being Mr. Universe as a bodybuilder, and being in movies like Pumping Iron and The Incredible Hulk?.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All that time you spent with Francis Ford Coppola, and Quentin Tarantino should account for something, and what about being Mr. Universe as a bodybuilder, and being in movies like Pumping Iron and The Incredible Hulk?.
Lou knows where he's been and what he's an expert at.

The lighting he directed for the moon landing had some unfortunate errors.

He doesn't wanna do it, leave him alone.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Well, shoot -- if we're going fantasize here: how about all that time with Ann Hathaway and Julia Roberts?

Lou Figueroa
Sidney Sweeny
keeps texting

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou knows where he's been and what he's an expert at.

The lighting he directed for the moon landing had some unfortunate errors.

He doesn't wanna do it, leave him alone.

Didn't have anything to do with that one.

Lou Figueroa
Project X
different story : -)

Joey27

Registered
most times everyone gets back some money but the investors on these things.
i wish you good luck if its for real. but i would pick a more well known person who some can identify with.

only 3 pool players known by the general public are mosconi, fats, and mizerack.
I appreciate your point, but in the entertainment industry name recognition is not nearly as critical as you make it out to be here. Take Fast Eddie Felson for example. How many people knew Fast Eddie before the book came out? He was a completely fictitious, unknown character before the book "The Hustler" was released and then made into a movie. Now, let me give you a challenge: pick any of those names - Mosconi, Fats, or Mizerack and write a story about their lives. Where do you start? Will there be a worthy plot/ conflict? What will the antagonizing forces be? How are people going to be intrigued by the character? For added relevance I will point out that with Louie as the protagonist, he is the most entertaining and charismatic pro pool player of his generation. Now, after all this is sorted out, you'll have to go and get signatures from the family members and heirs to their financial estates. You'll have to convince them that this is a good portrayal of the character and it doesn't infringe on anything or make them look bad. And if you're very lucky, the relatives will agree to it and sign the paperwork. There's a lot of steps I took for this Louie project before getting to the point where I'm at now, asking for investors.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
if your story is good and you have all your s--t together you would have an easier time getting money from the movie industry people.
and if they wont finance it they think it wont work.
ive seen too many people taken on these type of things from scams to just wishful thinking producer types.

plus you are way too early for someone to invest. their equity would be gone or diluted by the time you even get close to producing a film.

but good luck as anything pool related is welcome.