Sick and tired of Predator “nightmare customer service” 😠

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So was this very obviously visible crack on the butt there when you first took possession of the cue? Did you not closely inspect the cue when you first got it? It doesn’t sound like you discovered the crack and returned it immediately and I’m just curious why not?
Tend to agree here but its also possible the crack's beginnings were deeper down and didn't hit the surface till later. Any custom maker i've ever dealt with would repair/replace no questions asked. Its obvious the cue hasn't been abused. Instead of keeping a customer they told the guy to pound sand. Pretty shitty service for someone that sees themselves as an 'industry leader'. Yeah right.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Again I didn’t buy it as an investment, my bad if didn’t express well (sorry English is not my first language) when I said collectible I meant I wanted to keep it in original condition because I really like the cue and didn’t want to play with it. Anyway, I bought the cue brand new, in perfect conditions and I never played with it. I don’t really know what causes that crack, it seems like the varnish just cracked, I don’t think it’s because of the temperature because my room is dry and always temperature is regulated at 22 ºC
It's what happens when cues are built in 6 days, as opposed to 6 months, 12 months, etc. Wood is meant to be seasoned and processed slowly. Generally speaking, you don't just throw materials in a wood chipper, and expect long lasting products to come out of the other side, IMO. FWIW, I am not directing that comment specifically at Predator. Just pointing out some of the differences between a production cue, and a well made custom.
Best regards.
j2

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fixed my Revo no questions asked. Shipping return was lightning fast. No problems with their customer service. I wish they took walk ins as I live near Jacksonville...but I get not wanting to "deal" with people face to face ;-)

This was my experience too. Had a tip pop off a new Revo, sent me a return shipping label and had the cue turned around and back on the way to me in less than 24 hours from when they received it. Came back perfect and tip has stayed put. I was very happy with Predator customer service, they treated me well.

Haven’t had any cue butt issue with them.

This problem does seem weird, that crack doesn’t look like anything I’d expect from temp fluctuations or anything, honestly it looks like it took quite a hit to crack like that.

I’ve actually been impressed with my Predator cues, they’ve all been dead straight and pretty much perfect, minus the tip popping off one of my 4 Revo playing shafts.

DeeDeeCues

This problem does seem weird, that crack doesn’t look like anything I’d expect from temp fluctuations or anything, honestly it looks like it took quite a hit to crack like that.

If it took such a huge impact, where is the chipped finish and dent that would result?

It has been stated clearly and correctly that ebony is notoriously unstable. and can split very easily.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's what happens when cues are built in 6 days, as opposed to 6 months, 12 months, etc. Wood is meant to be seasoned and processed slowly. Generally speaking, you don't just throw materials in a wood chipper, and expect long lasting products to come out of the other side, IMO. FWIW, I am not directing that comment specifically at Predator. Just pointing out some of the differences between a production cue, and a well made custom.
Best regards.
j2
Mezz cues are LIGHT years better made than anything Pred. puts out. Probably best prod. cue out there, JOSS included, just my $.02. Don't know why people spend big $$ for mass produced crap.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mezz cues are LIGHT years better made than anything Pred. puts out. Probably best prod. cue out there, JOSS included, just my $.02. Don't know why people spend big $$ for mass produced crap.
I really enjoyed the Mezz Sneaky that I had. It felt as well made as any custom that I have owned. Selling it was a bonehead move.
☹️🤦

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did a lil search and found out that SAM makes all the Pred. tables. The 7' table is made virtually the same as a Valley: plywood box, screw-on legs and 3/4" slate. Just a WAG here but being tethered to Predator to get parts(from Spain mind you) may likely turn out to be nightmare for buyers.

Fore Rail

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Call Predator Monday morning & speak to someone other than Kim Newsome. She in my experience was horrible / impossible to deal with. Predator has all your information on file. Speak to someone directly in the warranty department about the cue, might just get your situation resolved.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, when I say “collectible” I don’t mean like a real collection cue, neither I saw it as investment. I just wanted to keep it in original condition because the cue itself I really liked it, so that’s why I never used it.

Do you do that with your girlfriends too ??? {{avoid having sex with her so that their next friend will see her as more valuable ??}}

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
they make cues for the more novice players and reflect that in their prices. they also do honor real warranty work that they decide is warranted.
thats what any business does. most will not repair or replace things out of warranty or not covered in their mind.

its their decision to make and when you buy you are at their mercy.
i wouldnt replace a cue that split two years after it was bought. wood can split for many reasons other than it being bad.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
I’m the original owner, even I registered the cue immediately when I bought it. Also, the dealer was very supportive, I sent all the evidence I have but Predator just said NO. I bought the cue in 2022.

This is Predator’s response…

View attachment 754527
I know Kim Newsome personally and I can say without a shadow of a doubt she has a very high moral compass and is extremely fair when she deals with pool players.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know Kim Newsome personally and I can say without a shadow of a doubt she has a very high moral compass and is extremely fair when she deals with pool players.
She has NO clue how lo-defl. shafts actually work and if you quiz her on it she gets real pissy real quick. Her 'high moral compass' has ZERO to do with her lack of knowledge and her complete beligerence when faced with things she has no clue about.