I’ve now seen it all!

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Most apps serve a purpose, Waze is for driving direction's, Predator break speed app is to get break speed, I use a GPS app to check speedo accuracy, my Nest app allows me to check HVAC system remotely and lock my door, etc.. what useful purpose does the Tic Tok app serve???
I think people called “influencers” congregate there. Hence, people who want to be Kim Kardashian but can’t find a rich D to suck or aren’t good enough looking to be the “prison guy” model who married the rich women after ditching his wife and kids.

Flakeandrun

Most apps serve a purpose, Waze is for driving direction's, Predator break speed app is to get break speed, I use a GPS app to check speedo accuracy, my Nest app allows me to check HVAC system remotely and lock my door, etc.. what useful purpose does the Tic Tok app serve???
All the APPs you have are for actions/functions you could otherwise perform in an alternative way, just made more convenient for you. So instead of buying into the less convenient way, you pay money (or are exposed to the in-app advertisements) for the APP you choose to use.
I could measure break speed in various ways, but it's more convenient for me to pay predator, and be exposed to their marketing guff, than set up some microphones and a computer myself. I could use a map, but Waze or GPS app is more convenient. I just need to pay them, and consider in-app purchases.
What purpose does a magazine serve? a radio serve? a television serve? Some would call this 'human progress'. Some would call it anything but.

Flakeandrun

I think people called “influencers” congregate there. Hence, people who want to be Kim Kardashian but can’t find a rich D to suck or aren’t good enough looking to be the “prison guy” model who married the rich women after ditching his wife and kids.
Again, what purpose does a magazine serve? a radio serve? a television serve? Some would call this 'human progress'. Some would call it anything but.
Not that I disagree that pop culture is, and always has been, toxic af

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Gold Member
Silver Member
From older formats like MySpace, Bebo, Tumblr, Vine, to newer ones like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Reddit and anything operating in even a vaguely similar format etc etc etc all fit into essentially the same bracket. It's not like it's a new thing. As if TikTok is the root of all evil, but the countless other APPs you use are not... lol

I don't use it, but then I don't really use anything other than methods of communicating with my family, or APPs necessary to function where I am currently living. It's bizarre to me that some Apps are actually essential in this age, and will be for the foreseeable future.

Let's not forget... pretty much any app that caters to anything is meant to facilitate an easier (and therefore dumber) reality. The world is lazier than it has ever been before.

Take your pick of those Apps, and hate them all the same, honestly. Digitization of all aspects of life doesn't exactly scream human progress to me... But then It is not too different from the last band of luddites who still can't make it past one news source when deciding what their version of truth is... Radio is making us dumber. TVs are making us dumber. Computers are making us dumber. APPs are making us dumber. VR is making us dumber. Curious as to what's next...
You forgot AZB Forum.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Again, what purpose does a magazine serve? a radio serve? a television serve? Some would call this 'human progress'. Some would call it anything but.
Not that I disagree that pop culture is, and always has been, toxic af
Same purpose a book serves, entertainment for some and an escape from the daily doldrums of life, maybe both.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I used to know of some guys that would fill their pillowcases with wet jeans--wrung out somewhat, so not dripping, but wet enough to add heft.
We should keep this pool related. How about filling the pillow covers with pool balls??? Kamui chalk would be too expensive.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Pillow fights are back on for 5 more minutes. Lol 5k and the belt tithe winner, OMFG. WHat next. Hula hoop wrestling.