International Open 9-Ball 2024, St. Augustine, FL, Nov. 18-22

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
In case you missed the news elsewhere...

The International Open 9-Ball is moving from Norfolk to St. Augustine, Florida.

The American 14.1 Championship is also moving there and will take place Nov. 23-26.

The Bigfoot 10-Ball will be there as usual, along with a Junior championship and a new semi-pro 9-Ball event.

(Four days after those festivities end, the Mosconi Cup begins in Orlando.)

Here is the official event website. (Ignore the 2023, if any.)

Last edited:

jax_joe

In case you missed the news elsewhere...

The International Open 9-Ball is moving from Norfolk to St. Augustine, Florida.

The American 14.1 Championship is also moving there and will take place Nov. 23-26.

The Bigfoot 10-Ball will be there as usual, along with a Junior championship and a new semi-pro 9-Ball event.

(Four days after those festivities end, the Mosconi Cup begins in Orlando.)
Other than that one line on the Matchroom Nine ball calendar a week or two ago has there been any announcement posted? Haven't seen anything. That will be great having the Bigfoot and 14.1 here.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Other than that one line on the Matchroom Nine ball calendar a week or two ago has there been any announcement posted? Haven't seen anything. That will be great having the Bigfoot and 14.1 here.
There was a post on the Billiards Digest page on Facebook giving some of the dates and a picture of what I assume is the host hotel. I have not seen anything directly from Pat Fleming yet.

jax_joe

There was a post on the Billiards Digest page on Facebook giving some of the dates and a picture of what I assume is the host hotel. I have not seen anything directly from Pat Fleming yet.
Great, thanks, I'll pull it up. Hadn't looked at BD in years.

jax_joe

Bummer he is shrinking the Bigfoot..."an invitational eight-player Diamond Big Foot 10-Ball Challenge"

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Piggy-backing the Mosconi Cup should ensure that the biggest stars of America and Europe are in the field at the International.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Piggy-backing the Mosconi Cup should ensure that the biggest stars of America and Europe are in the field at the International.
It's a long 16 days, though, with Thanksgiving in the middle of it. Tough trip for us rail birds. On the other hand, the Friday after Thanksgiving (Black Friday) is said to be a good day to fly, for those who are attending only one location.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What's the host hotel?
Seems to be this in the Marriott family of hotels.
1714538502181.png

Reactions: sjm

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great to hear! Virginia Beach is a dump now - I stayed there 4 years ago to attend events and it is not so nice anymore.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are 2 Renaissance Marriott hotels in St Augustine- one is downtown and the other is a "resort" in golf village.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I got my room reservation. Actually seems like a good price for that location. In the fine print of Rate Details, parking is free as opposed to the usual $15 per day.

Here is the official website for the event, including the link to the hotel's special rates:

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is great news. I’m already booked for the Moscone dates but I will definitely catch some this action. I was actually in Jacksonville earlier this week and ate at an awesome steakhouse. It’s located near river walk in downtown Jax and a bit of a drive from St Augustine, but is well worth it if you’re hitting downtown. It’s called Cowford Chophouse. First floor is a nice bar, second has tables that overlook the bar and the top floor is a rooftop bar with tables. Great spot! Even has a cigar bar next door.

See you guys in November!

jax_joe

This is great news. I’m already booked for the Moscone dates but I will definitely catch some this action. I was actually in Jacksonville earlier this week and ate at an awesome steakhouse. It’s located near river walk in downtown Jax and a bit of a drive from St Augustine, but is well worth it if you’re hitting downtown. It’s called Cowford Chophouse. First floor is a nice bar, second has tables that overlook the bar and the top floor is a rooftop bar with tables. Great spot! Even has a cigar bar next door.

See you guys in November!
St Augustine is actually a great eating town. Don't even have to come back up here to JAX for dinner.

jax_joe

I got my room reservation. Actually seems like a good price for that location. In the fine print of Rate Details, parking is free as opposed to the usual $15 per day.

Here is the official website for the event, including the link to the hotel's special rates:

Hard to believe they could charge for parking there. There is nothing really there at the complex anymore as the WGV went under. The two quality golf courses remain but I think everything else there is closed down. They are trying to keep that IMAX open. Should be plenty of empty surface lots.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hard to believe they could charge for parking there. There is nothing really there at the complex anymore as the WGV went under. The two quality golf courses remain but I think everything else there is closed down. They are trying to keep that IMAX open. Should be plenty of empty surface lots.
Any info on good restaurants close by?