2024 World Snooker Championship (Apr 20th - May 6th)

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Just checking in. 😉
This is fun. My money would be on Ronnie vs Higgins in the finals. Definitely gambling. 😉 Judd and McGuire are definitely capable. The others.......big maybe.......nah no way. Judd vs Ronnie would definitely be a battle. Higgins vs McGuire would be the same. Can't wait to see how it shakes out.

I have 4 dollars left. What are the odds if I take Ronnie right now?

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
like this shot you'd expect Trump to make a lot and he just botched it

1714474383413.png

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wtf is going on?? jak jones and david gilbert both playing out of their minds. Judd also playing like crap.

jak jones is acting pretty cool for being a qualifier ranked 44, playing the #2 odds favorite in a world championship QF. impressive.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i think ronnie v bingham will be aggressive and high scoring. imo, bingham is top 5 "around the black" player

Reactions: JAM

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
maguire needs to realize that a fistfight against a hardwood snooker table is a losing proposition. he has slammed his fist hard on the table 3-4 times now, knuckles visibly bruised

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i think ronnie v bingham will be aggressive and high scoring. imo, bingham is top 5 "around the black" player
They're neck and neck, 4-4, at the time of this writing. Today a winner will arise, and this ain't no cake walk for Ronnie. He's got to give it his all if he wants to advance to the semifinals.

Not only is winning this title an eighth time for Ronnie a record-breaker, but for anyone who wins, this is big money in snooker. As quarterfinalists, Ronnie and Stuart each are now guaranteed $62,517 (£50,000).

But here's the rest of the payouts:
• semifinalist wins $125,057 (£100,000)
• runner-up pockets $250,115 (£200,000)
• winner receives $625,285 (£500,000).

Action begins at 9:30 a.m. Eastern today. Racing to 13 for the win. American Matchroom subscribers can watch the live action on Matchroom.live.

441217598_10160228811913020_4308381107773783380_n.jpg

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They're neck and neck, 4-4, at the time of this writing. Today a winner will arise, and this ain't no cake walk for Ronnie. He's got to give it his all if he wants to advance to the semifinals.

Not only is winning this title an eighth time for Ronnie a record-breaker, but for anyone who wins, this is big money in snooker. As quarterfinalists, Ronnie and Stuart each are now guaranteed $62,517 (£50,000).

But here's the rest of the payouts:
• semifinalist wins $125,057 (£100,000)
• runner-up pockets $250,115 (£200,000)
• winner receives $625,285 (£500,000).

Action begins at 9:30 a.m. Eastern today. Racing to 13 for the win. American Matchroom subscribers can watch the live action on Matchroom.live.

View attachment 756250

i knew bingham would go out there firing. he even attempted a maximum when leading 2-0, which probably provoked ronnie. bingham has nothing to lose and know he can't outmove ronnie. hopefully i can catch at least the tail end of the match today

Reactions: JAM

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was only a short 4 years ago when #1 and #2 both lost in the quarters, so Ronnie being eliminated is certainly in the cards.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ronnie v. Stuart is 5-5 at the time of this writing.

5555.png

Funny-face Ronnie after a miss.

nnnnn.png

Stuart flukes one in and gives a thumbs-up to the higher power. The audience laughs and enjoy the levity.

gghh.png

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Could be a skunk from here. Ronnie is looking unbeatable. Ball run couldn't hold up in the last frame 6-5.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never seen this before and not sure I quite understand it. After black ball was placed on the spot, it kept rolling off. After a back-and-forth between Ronnie requesting the ref to reposition the black, Ronnie was not satisfied. He 3evern asked Stuart to take a look at it. Stuart said he agreed with whatever Ronnie thought. Ref says this is the last time I will place it. Instead of shooting the red straight in the corner. Ronnie played safe. Commentators said that was good sportsmanship by Ronnie that he did not shoot the red in the corner.

ffff.png

6666.png

ggggg.png