3 Piece Cues

LAMas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
raemondo said:
Hey guys,

Yes I am looking for a cue that breaks apart equally (or not) into 3 parts. And yes, it's for the ease of air travel. I'd prefer not to buy a bigger luggage bag because I already have a decent one and there are size requirements for check-in luggage as well. Also, if I were to use this option, I'd prefer to always have my cues in a toughass case like my instroke rather than a cheapo 1x1. But really, one of the main reasons is that on business travels, I'm not hauling my biggest luggage bag anywhere just to fit my instroke.

I have a sneeky pete jump break cue and I had Al Romero split the shaft and add the joints. This gave me a 4 piece cue that broke down and fit inside of my backpack for traveling. I shoot with a Predator now and am thinking of splitting it...naw.

raemondo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
billiardshot said:
Also checkout:

Billiardshot, I have no idea where you get your resources, but you are pretty darn good. Dennis Dieckman was the one who recommended Tom. Alas, Tom is more of a cue "assembler" than a cuemaker. He doesn't make the cues from scratch, but just converts old dufferins or house cues.

I have decided to go with Sheldon Lebow, as I can fully custom the cue from tip to butt.

thanks though!

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cornerman said:
His name is Sheldon Lebow.

Fred

Looks like...

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• 3 Piece 004.jpg
    3 Piece 004.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
raemondo said:
Billiardshot, I have no idea where you get your resources, but you are pretty darn good. Dennis Dieckman was the one who recommended Tom. Alas, Tom is more of a cue "assembler" than a cuemaker. He doesn't make the cues from scratch, but just converts old dufferins or house cues.

I have decided to go with Sheldon Lebow, as I can fully custom the cue from tip to butt.

thanks though!

raemondo, Thank you for your comment. At least you got a few ideas of what you like for a 3piece.
Bob Watson

raemondo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dear Lou and Alex, thanks for all the info and pictures -- I have decided to go with Sheldon Lebow!

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I am currently making a case for a 3 piece traveling cue. This one has a compartment for the odd accessories. The compartment door is flush with the body of the case and leaves the case with no external pockets. The strap comes off and fits neatly inside the case. Will post pics when I am done tomorrow with the case.

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JB Case 3 piece cue case

JB Case, did you get done with your 3 piece cue case or have a chance to photograph it yet?

Rangercap

www.nittanyleather.com
Silver Member
Cue Case

Alex Kanapilly said:
Here's another picture of it with the case turned over. I have a strap on the case that allows me to sling it over my back like a bow and arrow, for when I ride my motorcycle.

Actually, that's one of my cases. (haven't been paying too much attention lately to the threads, or I would have spotted it sooner)

Yes, Black veg tanned, with white stitching. I also did one for Cory in DC, (that's my cue in the pic for reference).

DSCF1334b.jpg

Both cases are about 22" in length.

Brian
www.nittanyleather.com

Last edited: