Challenge match -- Cubc vs OMGWTF

Cubc vs OMGWTF

• Class-act Cubc will wipe OMGWTF off the table, and that psycho ***** deserves it

Votes: 45 26.0%
  • I have a crush on OMGWTF and I'm confident that she crushes that silly piece of poop

Votes: 84 48.6%
  • I like to watch 'American Idol'

Votes: 44 25.4%

• Total voters

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
I Stayed Up For 6 Seconds.......... Once ........(and liked it)

Johnnyt said:
I don't know what the hell I was thinking there. But this is only my second rodeo...so I should get better. :D Johnnyt

Hey, you only have to stay up for EIGHT seconds.....
Doug
( try it, you might like it ) :)

StevenPWaldon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, with Tina P, Val and Kim betting all this money it makes it seems like OMG is way outclassed here. Is there something here that they know that the rest of us don't?

I realize most of us can't gauge either speed of the players involved, but is there really *that* much of a disparity even with OMG getting the 7-ball?

girlwon1 said:
... I would like to bet a 500 bet here on the forum, and then I will bring a couple of thousand to bet on the rail the day of.

Thanks for offering though, and good luck to you...

Tina Pawloski

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
I have no money on this deal and I can vouch that TIna P's is legit.

StevenPWaldon said:
Wow, with Tina P, Val and Kim betting all this money it makes it seems like OMG is way outclassed here. Is there something here that they know that the rest of us don't?

I realize most of us can't gauge either speed of the players involved, but is there really *that* much of a disparity even with OMG getting the 7-ball?

I don't want there to be any insinuation that Tina is in on something. I will vouch for her that her's is a legitimate bet just based on her perception and not any "inside" information on anything dirty going down. I have nothing to gain from this since I have no money bet, I just don't like it if people are trying to insinuate something just because someone is willing to put themselves out there.

Jaden

James

Red Wire... Right Temple
Silver Member
Jaden said:
I don't want there to be any insinuation that Tina is in on something. I will vouch for her that her's is a legitimate bet just based on her perception and not any "inside" information on anything dirty going down. I have nothing to gain from this since I have no money bet, I just don't like it if people are trying to insinuate something just because someone is willing to put themselves out there.

Jaden

Jaden,

There was nothing negative or insinuating about what Steven said. He's simply making an observation based on the information available here. An interesting observation at that.

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
AuntyDan said:
If, for example, they happen to be some Pro player who can beat 99% of anyone they meet on an online forum, does that give them the right to be an total asshole?

I would think so!

(Especially if they can be both an asshole and funny at the same time)

derekdisco

We woulda won state!
Silver Member
embarassedojzs1.jpg

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
StevenPWaldon said:

It's probably a plot by the women to get this match cancelled. :rolleyes: :D ;)

JoeyA (thinks the women have to start taking bets only from other women) :rolleyes:

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can`t take the heat in the kitchen and I am getting out of it.I am not holding any money for anybody. y`all need to deal with each other directly and I am not part of this betting buisiness,that means that you need to contact Val directly if you want to bet with MS.Val Finnie.

Barbara

Wilson deleted my avatar
Silver Member
Wow Vagabond, what happened?

I was only going to take over omgwtf's stake in the multiple person bet. If there's some problem still, I'd like to know. I am including myself with 4 other persons to cover a $500 bet for omgwtf against cubc with Val.

What's going on?

Barbara

vagabond said:
I can`t take the heat in the kitchen and I am getting out of it.I am not holding any money for anybody. y`all need to deal with each other directly and I am not part of this betting buisiness,that means that you need to contact Val directly if you want to bet with MS.Val Finnie.

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Barbara said:
Wow Vagabond, what happened?

I was only going to take over omgwtf's stake in the multiple person bet. If there's some problem still, I'd like to know. I am including myself with 4 other persons to cover a $500 bet for omgwtf against cubc with Val.

What's going on?

Barbara

Cheers Barbara,
I always try to lead a clean life.After reading all the posts I felt that things may get messy and very emotional at one point in the near future.I do not want to be part of the drama.:cool:

Last edited:

Barbara

Wilson deleted my avatar
Silver Member
Vagabond,

I understand. I know you support lots of players.

Take care,

Barbara

vagabond said:
Cheers Barbara,
I always try to lead a clean life.Reading all the posts makes me think that things may get messy and very emotional at one point in the near future.I do not want to be part of the drama.:cool:

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
StevenPWaldon said:
. Is there something here that they know that the rest of us don't?

They THINK that they know.
I know the speed of both the players though I neither met nor saw Chris playing.:cool:

Last edited:

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Val Finnie said:
brooklyjay, maybe you should get your facts correct before you post. The bet that was offered was from OMG, and unless you know nothing about gambling on pool players and the golden rule. - Never bet directly with the players involved in the match.

The thing is, Kim and I saw an alarm bell when OMG wanted the bet personally. Why, when she already has $3000 posted in a game in my opinion she cant possibly win. Maybe I am just over cautious.

Anyway my bet is still there, but as I said to Vagabond, We will still bet, but with somebody I am familiar with and is not involved in the match directly.

You see brooklynjay I do "know a good bet when I see one" and I also "know a bad bet when I see one", as you like to quote it.
I dont know why I have to explain myself to you, but there you have it.

Hope this answers your questions.

Have a good day

Val
Translation - we have crawdaddied our bet, I am not used to betting more than races to 9 for $50, winner pays the time & this excuse that I have come up with is the best way out of it.

girlwon1

Silver Member
Wow, all of this speculation...

Steven, I never thought you were insinuating anything in your post. I read it as just asking if I am (along with others) want to bet so much money, then what is it that I know that the majority doesn't.

My wish to bet on Chris here is just a case of old fashioned looking at both sides, and betting who I think is the winner. I have seen Melinda play on the big table (I have played against her also) and based on what I have seen, I feel like Chris can give her the spot. This is not to be taken as a derogatory statement against Melinda, this is what I feel is presented on the table. Personally I feel like a lot of people are betting on Melinda based on being a fan of her blog, versus actually seeing her play on the big table. That is just one person's opinion. I do not allow what I may think about her personally affect where I put my money.

Have I seen Chris play? No. I do have friends who live in his area, and after I put a few calls in, I decided that was the direction I wanted to go based on their answer.

I like action as much as the next person. Reading this thread has been fun for me. I like to see people match up when they say they are going to. I think that is one of the reasons this thread has gotten so much attention, is that we are guaranteed that a barking match will turn into an actual one since all the money has been posted.

My bet of 500 is because it seems a bit more fun for me to sweat that amount versus anything smaller, that's all.

I hope that clarifies things a bit.

Tina Pawloski

Last edited:

BrooklynJay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
girlwon1 said:
I have seen Melinda play on the big table (I have played against her also) and based on what I have seen...

was this in 2005 when she won the AWBT Tour Stop in Pheonix, AZ where you finished 4th? cause that was way back and not something i'd used in judging someone's speed.

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
If anyone here likes OMGWTF's side of the game I am interested in taking CubC for 50 or 100.

Since he is an overwhelming underdog based on the poll this should be like stealing.

Somebody please give me a reason to watch this match.......

cubc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really think this is pretty sh*tty how people can be so rude on here to others sometimes. Val wanted to place a bet for 500. She chose to not bet directly with OMGWTF because she doesnt like betting with the players involved. That is her choice and apparently her ONLY limitation. She still is willing to bet with any one person except omgwtf. What is so hard about that?

Yet people chime in who dont intend to even bet with her just to be assholes to her. Why is it ok on a forum to talk to others like that? Or is it just OK this time because they're on OMGWTFs side that noone says anything? Because usually being rude to any pro on this forum isn't tolerated.

That's just sad in my opinion.

Barbara

Wilson deleted my avatar
Silver Member
And as I stated earlier, I will take over omg's participation in that group bet. So is it still on or not?

Barbara

cubc said:
I really think this is pretty sh*tty how people can be so rude on here to others sometimes. Val wanted to place a bet for 500. She chose to not bet directly with OMGWTF because she doesnt like betting with the players involved. That is her choice and apparently her ONLY limitation. She still is willing to bet with any one person except omgwtf. What is so hard about that?

Yet people chime in who dont intend to even bet with her just to be assholes to her. Why is it ok on a forum to talk to others like that? Or is it just OK this time because they're on OMGWTFs side that noone says anything? Because usually being rude to any pro on this forum isn't tolerated.

Last edited:

Bugz

Glutton for Punishment
Silver Member
cubc said:

Very true.

StevenPWaldon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tina-

Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't insinuating anything; was just asking what seemed to be an obvious question. I'm surprised I was the first to even ask.

girlwon1 said:
Wow, all of this speculation...

Steven, I never thought you were insinuating anything in your post. I read it as just asking if I am (along with others) want to bet so much money, then what is it that I know that the majority doesn't.