Best Cue Holder Made?

TWOFORPOOL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was using a Tigerpaw 3 cue holder (around 50.00) and really liked it for looks a use but one of the arms came loose and won't remain tight and its now became a pain in the a$$ to use. I am curtainly using a Q Claw 3 cue holder (around 15.00) and it works fine but want something a little fancier.

Any new cue holders out there?

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Q claw here as well. It fits inside the zipper pocket of my case well. I'll name one I don't like...the silly skeletonized hand.

cswann1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the same Q Claw you use and I love it, so it get's my vote for "best".

If you want fancier, I think making a similar holder out of some really nice wood, weighted with lead and with a rubber mat on bottom would be pretty cool.

TWOFORPOOL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Q claw here as well. It fits inside the zipper pocket of my case well. I'll name one I don't like...the silly skeletonized hand.

I would like one that would fit in my case also and the Q Claw does that nicely.

JoeW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is not the best solution but it is workable until you get what you are looking for.

Place the edge of your opened hard case under the edge of a table and nudge it with your foot. It is stable and holds two cues. All of your equipment is in one place.

mooseman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I actually use my case. Won't find many cue holders nicer than that....:wink::wink::wink:

I actually purchased a Q-Caddy case stand that mounts to my George case. Kind of like a tripod. It also has 2 hooks that allow you to lean your cues against the case. It's a pity they don't make these anymore. Bottom line is I can stand my case away from others and have a safe place for my cues.

brechbt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was using a Tigerpaw 3 cue holder (around 50.00) and really liked it for looks a use but one of the arms came loose and won't remain tight and its now became a pain in the a$$ to use. I am curtainly using a Q Claw 3 cue holder (around 15.00) and it works fine but want something a little fancier.

Any new cue holders out there?
The Q-claw type holder does its job, but suffers from one limitation in my view: a solid bump can still knock your cue to the floor, since it is just resting in the curved face of the holder, not really held in place. A more secure holder is the Porper, which I use. It holds the cues securely in soft plastic clips--they can't be dislodged accidentally. I've been using one for years with no mishaps or damage.

zy112

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Although not perfect, as mentioned above, I use the Q claw. I also had one of the skeleton looking ones awhile back, not sure why, but it was horrible.

TWOFORPOOL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd rather have that blow knock my cue over than have it break the cue (actually has happened to me).

I either put my cue on another table, or away when I won't be shooting for a while.

I never thought that one of those "screw it on the table" holders could actually break a cue but since they don't have any give it makes sense NOW. Thanks for the tip! I won't buy one of those.

My cue stays in the case until its my turn to play and returns immediately when I'm done with the match. Too many people around to knock it over or worse yet they try and steal it!

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I use the Porper 4 cue holder and works fine. It won't fit in the pocket of my new GTF so I have to carry it in my jacket.

Some bar tables are too thick to use it on.
Works great on high tables, as the shaft is what sits in the holder.
On low tables, you have to force the cue in to spread the rubberized holder. Fine, but as someone mentioned in another thread, even tho the holders are softer material, you run the risk of damaging the finish on your cue after repeated use.

I plan on trying one of the leather folding style that Kamui makes or something else of the same style. Even with the fact that cues can be knocked out of them, as with the Cue Claw, the grooved recesses seem to be deep enuff to hold them well, unless some idiot walks right into them.
These folding ones seem small enuff from the pictures that they will probably fit in any case pocket.

Edit; I did a Google on the Tiger and didn't know they were the same as what I had mentioned.

Last edited:

JoeW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
May not be the "best" way but this works on most tables that are kitchen table height. Nudge the base of the case under the table a little bit and it holds well unless someone really shakes the table. I like this because it keeps all my stuff together and allows easy access to the strorage compartment.

I have also used this trick wth the case open and the sticks placed back in their storage compartments. A little snug but also difficult for someone to knock over.

cueS1.jpg
[/IMG]

A C-clamp with the handle placed in the stick storage area would be very stable and could be carried in the cue case.

I agree that this system is for when I am playing, otherwise the sticks are in the case -- that is what the case is for in my opinion.

Last edited:

sly_shooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here we go again, these are nice but hard to find and expensive.

Attachments

• 0709_drw_alexis.jpg
    0709_drw_alexis.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 1,094
  • billiards8-285x380.jpg
    billiards8-285x380.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,088
  • D6BV8P.jpg
    D6BV8P.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 2,310
  • jennifer-barretta.jpg
    jennifer-barretta.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,119
  • Tara-Vaughn-4.jpg
    Tara-Vaughn-4.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,594

mooseman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
May not be the "best" way but this works on most tables that are kitchen table height. Nudge the base of the case under the table a little bit and it holds well unless someone really shakes the table. I like this because it keeps all my stuff together and allows easy access to the strorage compartment.

I have also used this trick wth the case open and the sticks placed back in their storage compartments. A little snug but also difficult for someone to knock over.

cueS1.jpg
[/IMG]

A C-clamp with the handle placed in the stick storage area would be very stable and could be carried in the cue case.

I agree that this system is for when I am playing, otherwise the sticks are in the case -- that is what the case is for in my opinion.

I like that. Finally what kind of case is that in the picture?

JoeW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is a Porper 2 X2 case but I think that most others are about the same height.

Robroy

Robin Dodson
Silver Member
The Cue it Up cue clip is new.
I bought a case in Vegas and sold out so fast I came home and called the owner. Well the rest is history.
I have been selling them like crazy.
They way 2.2 ounces, clip onto the strap so you have plenty of room for the other gadgets in your pouch.
For me weight really mattered the last thing I wanted in my bag is something heavy.
Plus convenience clip on clip off.
The next model coming will be at the next Trade Show, he had a great idea that will only improve.

And of course I loved them so much I have 500 cases to sell :)
Ive come a long way since buying that 1st case, I can't sell what I don't like so I guess that pretty much somes it up.

I like the Cue Clip :)

And I LOVE the Ultimate Cue Tip Tool!!!! When Bryan and Reuban called to let me know they had production I bought 100 cases of them...I guess I get a little excited.

http://robindodson.com/Robins_Pro_Shop_Specials.htm

Robin

Last edited:

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have never had a cue fall out of this holder, even with large amounts of whiskey.

_IGP0393.jpg

TWOFORPOOL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CrownCityCorey with Tiger Products has asked me to send him my Tiger Paw to fix or replace it! My wife got it for me as a Christmas present nearly two years ago and assumed any warranty had expired. Corey wanted to get my Tiger Paw to see why it failed. He stated it was designed to last a long time.

The Tiger paw is a real neat looking cue holder and fits very easy in my case. The thing I really like about it is that it will fit on a round table since the arms can be moved to any angle. It can even be setup on a corner.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
"The Gripper" by Bauer Enterprises

Folks:

I'll avidly second Robin's endorsement of the Cue-It-Up cue clip. This is a VERY STRONG clip, with rubberized surfaces inside the jaws, that clamp and hold very strongly to table edges and chair backs, up to nearly two inches thick. The only minor issue with the Cue-It-Up that I've run into (not literally, of course :) ) is that the cut-outs for the cues to rest into are somewhat shallow, and someone walking by can brush by one of the cues in the end slots and literally brush the cue out of its slot with their clothing or a swinging arm, onto the floor. (It's happened to me. Yep, I know the comment that's coming -- "move the Cue-It-Up's location to a less-busy/less-traveled area, Sean." Easier said than done in some of the pool halls and pubs I play in.)

I'm awaiting delivery of one of these:

http://gripperbybauer.com/

pool3_lg.jpg

cuecaddydesk_lg.jpg

king-cues.jpg

What I liked when I saw this cue holder, is that it's aptly named -- the "gripper." The entire unit is a special "tacky" rubber compound (with weight inside) that seems to really hold. Additionally the cut-outs for the cues are very deep, preventing even an aggressive brush-by from knocking a cue onto the floor. There's even an optional strap available where you can strap it to the outside of your cue case, completely obviating it from consuming your cue case's pocket.

When it arrives, I'll let you folks know what I think of it. But in the meantime, I hope the pictures show what this product can do.

Hope this is helpful!
-Sean
The Cue it Up cue clip is new.
I bought a case in Vegas and sold out so fast I came home and called the owner. Well the rest is history.
I have been selling them like crazy.
They way 2.2 ounces, clip onto the strap so you have plenty of room for the other gadgets in your pouch.
For me weight really mattered the last thing I wanted in my bag is something heavy.
Plus convenience clip on clip off.
The next model coming will be at the next Trade Show, he had a great idea that will only improve.

And of course I loved them so much I have 500 cases to sell :)
Ive come a long way since buying that 1st case, I can't sell what I don't like so I guess that pretty much somes it up.

I like the Cue Clip :)

And I LOVE the Ultimate Cue Tip Tool!!!! When Bryan and Reuban called to let me know they had production I bought 100 cases of them...I guess I get a little excited.

http://robindodson.com/Robins_Pro_Shop_Specials.htm

Robin