4ea Diamond 5'x10' ProAms in the making.

Mr Hoppe

Sawdust maker
Silver Member
PS. I talked to Shane, he told me he'd play Earl again on one of these 5'x10' Diamond ProAms with Pro cut pockets....and he told me to bet on him....because Earl had NO chance to beat him on a REAL 5'x10' pool table...with REAL pocket dementions!!!;)

That was the problem, the table was so easy he couldn't make a ball . . . ;)

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SLIM,

At least fix the spelling in your sig line. ;)

TRY NOT TO ARGUE WITH IDIOTS BECAUSE ALL THEY DO IS DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL & THEN BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIANCE

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
With regular cut pockets I see Earl vs SVB real close on the 10ft. If RKC makes the pockets 4.25" or less Earl will win easy again.

I don't think a small pocket will scare Shane.
What bothered him on the 5x10 was hitting shots down the rail that
would have dropped on a snooker table but not on that table.
I understand this a little better because of an RKC post....
,,think the jaws were angled wrong.
Shane was being penalized for punching them, he is most accurate
at that speed.This broke his confidence and he started to miss badly.

However, kudos for Earl for beating Shane under any conditions.
..they both played on the same table

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
SLIM,

At least fix the spelling in your sig line. ;)

TRY NOT TO ARGUE WITH IDIOTS BECAUSE ALL THEY DO IS DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL & THEN BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIANCE
Google experience, that's how you spell it. Thank god you play better than you spell!

PUTT4DACA$$H

Silver Member
How much does the slate weigh?

Two of the ProAms will have one piece 1" slate....while the last 2 will be fitted with one piece 30mm (1/3/16") thick slates. Greg wants to name the table the "WOW" Diamond..

Glen

How much do the various slates weigh compare to a 9 foot 1-piece at approx. 625 pounds.

by my rough calculations that puts the 10 foot 1 inch thick slate at about 775 pounds,even more for the 30mm. WOW is the right name!!!

the 30mm slate at just over 900lbs slate only!!!

Last edited:

lukemindish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is great for pool that Diamond is doing this. Hopefully someday major tournaments will be played on these. But for now i cant wait to see more action especially on a Diamond!

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why two different slates?

I'm guessing the 1 piece has nothing to do with playability but rather assembly/delivery, but what happens when the slate needs repair?

Also, will the design be identical to the current pro-am or will they pretty it up a bit?

4 legs or 6?

Any pics or links to the one off custom job Diamond did with Samsara?

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glen...I saw and played on a 5x10 snooker table in Watertown SD that had a GRANITE bed (they made these tables in SD in the 60's, in 7, 8, and 9' sizes, with three piece granite beds). One piece of 2" thick granite (5x10)...weighed 1600 lbs, and had to be winched out the house where it was, and set down on a special poured concrete base. It plays AMAZING.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Just thought I'd mention that I just talked to Greg yesterday, and we'll be starting the project of building 4 Diamond 5'x10' ProAms once I get a little time to stay at the factory for a little while. Two of the ProAms will have one piece 1" slate....while the last 2 will be fitted with one piece 30mm (1/3/16") thick slates. Greg wants to name the table the "WOW" Diamond...from a pool players aspect....but from a mechanic's perspective....I thought "HOLY SHIT, who's going to move them in one piece....might be more appropriate...:D

Glen

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
PS. I talked to Shane, he told me he'd play Earl again on one of these 5'x10' Diamond ProAms with Pro cut pockets....and he told me to bet on him....because Earl had NO chance to beat him on a REAL 5'x10' pool table...with REAL pocket dementions!!!;)

This is the greatest thing I have ever read on this forum. I am thinking that these tables are going to prove to be only the tip of the iceberg once people see the game played at the pro level on a proper 5x10 pool table.

Are all 4 spoken for? Are they for sale?

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl has NO chance of beating Shane on a REAL 5'x10' pocket pool table... period!! Playing on a converted snooker table was a circus act at its best!:cool:

Thanks for the information. Glen, is there a time frame in place? I can't believe that I'm at odds with King Cobra, but please put your money on Earl. You work too hard to lose it betting on Shane. On the positive side, regardless of who wins, it would be a tremendous match - the match of the century.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl has NO chance of beating Shane on a REAL 5'x10' pocket pool table... period!! Playing on a converted snooker table was a circus act at its best!:cool:

Ha! I thought the same and lost a lot of money betting on Shane. Earl flat out outplayed Shane in every aspect of the game. It was 100% NOT the table, lol.

Now, if they play again, even on the same table, the outcome might be the opposite. But over those 3 days, Earl was by far the better player.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
(1) Not taking any thing away from Earl...yes, he did beat Shane on that converted snooker table which as far as I'm concerned...is a piece of shit! When you're a player like Shane that plays the whole pocket...not just the center of it...it takes away from your game and confidants every time a ball that should have gone it...spits out. And for all of you who think that table had tight pockets....they were wider than 4 1/2" at the mouth, and tighter than any pocket table on the market in the throat...the angles were still snooker pocket angles without the bends into the pocket. If all pool tables played like that one...you...ALL would quit playing pool and take up golf!!!

(2) One piece slates are the nuts when it comes to setting a table up, whereas a 3 piece slate can take hours and hours....compared to 30 minutes from bringing in a Diamond and being ready to play on it.

(3) Weight should be around 1,600 to 1,700lbs, and yes...6 legs of course.

(4) SLIM...in the rematch...Shane will win because his game won't be hindered what-so-ever by pocket angles...therefore the misses that took place playing on that circus table will not take place...and that will then speak directly about the OTHER table they played on...won't it? What's Earl going to demand next....a 6'x12' to beat Shane?

And no SLIM...this conversation about building a 5'x10' has been going on now for the last few years. And yes...way back in time Diamond did dabble a little in building a few OLDER 5'x10' Diamonds.

Glen

realkingcobra

Silver Member
This is the greatest thing I have ever read on this forum. I am thinking that these tables are going to prove to be only the tip of the iceberg once people see the game played at the pro level on a proper 5x10 pool table.

Are all 4 spoken for? Are they for sale?

Not sure if they're going to be sold as of right now...though I know with out a doubt there's buyers waiting. All I know...is they're GOING to be built real soon;)

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
Shane is my favorite player in the world next to Efren and Busty

However, he said the same thing about beating Earl in an interview on video, prior to that match.

Johnny said he was going to torture Earl as well and lost just the same.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Earl had the same pockets to shoot at, he straight up beat Shane. Earl moved the cueball better on that large table than Shane. Earl's safety and kicking game was fantastic to put it mildly.

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
I think it's awesome that Diamond is making a 5x10. There is no better table manufacturer than Diamond to take on the task of having a premium 5x10 pool table imho.

With that said I still feel that Earl would still be Shane on it just as I bet on Earl to win the first time (didn't have real cash at the time so I bet all my vCash on Earl ;)). Both players shot balls on the same slate with the same pockets regardless of how wrong or right it was. If you believe that Shane would play better on the 5x10 Diamond you are probably right. If you believe that Earl would shoot worse on the 5x10 Diamond you are definitely wrong.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And yes...way back in time Diamond did dabble a little in building a few OLDER 5'x10' Diamonds.

Glen

Thanks Glen, I used to play at Shooters, in Huntington WV from time to time. All oak Diamond pro tables, with a 10 footer in the back. Sometime in the mid 90s. Was a great table.
Chuck