deflection comparison study

youngstownkid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While practicing for last weekend's tourney, the Kamui tip came off my cue and my local repair guy was unavailable, so i had to borrow a friends 2nd generation 314 shaft (since it was a uni-loc and would fit my Lucasi). What luck, just 2 days before the tourney, eh?

I've had the same Lucasi cue and shaft for over 10 years now. I've never even shot with a 314 before, as I was previously adamant about not wanting to relearn how to aim when using English. however, I had been curious as of late to see if it would be easier to make that adjustment, since my switch to using back hand english a couple years ago.

My friend came by at 1am to bring his 314^2, so that I could have one evening to practice with it before the tourney. After an hour of two of practice i noticed i had been missing fewer balls. Honestly, I wasn't sure if it was real or imagined.

I ended up playing pretty well during the tourney, i really don't remember missing too many shots. So...now i'm forced to consider getting a low deflection shaft.

In looking at predator's shaft comparison, I can't help but wonder if there have been any similar studies done between other low deflection shafts. Is anyone here aware of such a study who's results are available online?

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Platinum Billiards had a comparison survey online, but imo itwas skewed to Predator, since they are/were a Predator dealer. I like the g core and tiger pro shafts better.

Scott Lee
Www.poolknowledge.com

twal

"W"
Silver Member
Just my $.02 but more likely that your missing less had little to nothing to do with the shaft.
My guess is that you altered your game stoke and slowed things down and became more aware of your stoke.
Then again, what do I know ;)

enzo

Banned
While practicing for last weekend's tourney, the Kamui tip came off my cue and my local repair guy was unavailable, so i had to borrow a friends 2nd generation 314 shaft (since it was a uni-loc and would fit my Lucasi). What luck, just 2 days before the tourney, eh?

I've had the same Lucasi cue and shaft for over 10 years now. I've never even shot with a 314 before, as I was previously adamant about not wanting to relearn how to aim when using English. however, I had been curious as of late to see if it would be easier to make that adjustment, since my switch to using back hand english a couple years ago.

My friend came by at 1am to bring his 314^2, so that I could have one evening to practice with it before the tourney. After an hour of two of practice i noticed i had been missing fewer balls. Honestly, I wasn't sure if it was real or imagined.

I ended up playing pretty well during the tourney, i really don't remember missing too many shots. So...now i'm forced to consider getting a low deflection shaft.

In looking at predator's shaft comparison, I can't help but wonder if there have been any similar studies done between other low deflection shafts. Is anyone here aware of such a study who's results are available online?

i got my first predator in the mail about 5 years ago. went straight to a tournament to try it... i won the tournament. i never looked back. i think if you play good and have a little understanding of whats going on during aiming, the shafts are just incredible.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member

youngstownkid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i got my first predator in the mail about 5 years ago. went straight to a tournament to try it... i won the tournament. i never looked back. i think if you play good and have a little understanding of whats going on during aiming, the shafts are just incredible.

If i didn't choke near the end I might have had a better story regarding last weekend's tourney...I had an untimely scratch keep me out of the finals, inside pool mag likely will post some videos sometime this week, so I won't be able to forget it anytime soon lol.

youngstownkid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All published data I know about can be found here:

Regards,
Dave

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for, but i was hoping that I would be able find some information on Lucasi's Zero Flex Point shaft, to see how it compared to the more expensive 2nd gen 314. It seemed like the construction was at least very similar. I also saw something about a newer shaft out there called Katana.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
All published data I know about can be found here:
Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for, but i was hoping that I would be able find some information on Lucasi's Zero Flex Point shaft, to see how it compared to the more expensive 2nd gen 314. It seemed like the construction was at least very similar. I also saw something about a newer shaft out there called Katana.
Lower squirt isn't necessarily a good thing. For more info, see:

Also, any shaft can be easily tested and compared to other shafts (for squirt) using the procedure described and demonstrated here:

Regards,
Dave