View Single Post
Equal Angle Reference Angles
Old
  (#33)
Patrick Johnson
Banned
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Equal Angle Reference Angles - 11-22-2012, 10:42 PM

For one rail banks and kicks I visualize nearby "equal angle reference angles" using the diamonds.

Here are the reference angles for banking/kicking to the bottom left corner pocket - they connect each 1/2 diamond on the far rail with the whole diamond twice as far along on the near rail:

Name:  Banking Lanes 1.jpg
Views: 787
Size:  53.5 KB

Of course, I don't visualize all these reference angles for every shot to that corner. For instance, the 2 ball is very near one reference angle, so I'll just compare it to that one:

Name:  Banking Lanes 2.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  32.1 KB

The 1 ball is midway between two reference angles, so I'll compare it to both of them:

Name:  Banking Lanes 3.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  35.0 KB

Here's the same technique applied to kicking at a ball that's not on the near rail. Just move the near "rail" (where you measure the whole diamonds) up to be parallel with the target - it doesn't matter if the cue ball is above or below the adjusted "rail".

Name:  banking lanes.jpg
Views: 1182
Size:  68.0 KB

pj
chgo

Last edited by Patrick Johnson; 11-29-2012 at 12:26 AM.