Tastiest Kamui yet.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
clear-en_03.png

Can't wait to test the new ones.

http://www.kamuibrand.com/billiard-...SSUE2&utm_campaign=April2013&utm_medium=email
clear_13.png

The cookies are good too.

Attachments

• kamui.jpg
    kamui.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,134
Last edited:

cuejo

Cue Repair tech
Silver Member
Wtf
I don't get cookies!
My distributor hasn't even heard about the clear yet either :(

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
I wanna see the installation process on the cookie.......... :)

No trimming required. Glue it on, eat away the edges till it fits flush to your ferrule. Good thing is if you mess up, just eat the whole cookie & start over.
Bad thing is your gonna gain some weight if you mess up to many times. lol

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Long sleeved shirt at the lathe? :yikes:

It's cold in Japan.:grin:
The two blades used are kinda scary too.
And the tool bit as rest while doming the tip isn't flat.

ps
I suggested getting one Chuck's blade rest

Last edited:

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ditto on all the above - the Japanese can certainly sharpen a blade!

But my favorite was the "Leather Proteciton Creme" - nope I didn't misspell, that how they spelled it. :confused:
Anyone have any idea what that is?
Gary

tank69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone have an idea as to what is the new and improved "item" with this tip??

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
All of the acrylic pads I have seen, including this one, are ugly IMO. Since pricing isn't even out yet, I'll guess these will be hands down the most expensive tip on the planet.

What exactly holds the pad on anyway? I am betting it is some kind of glue.... Is is magical glue that doesn't soak into the naturally absorbent nature of leather?? On the Kamui site where it shows main features, have a look at the "connection". The layer adjacent to the acrylic looks nothing like the other layers to me....Is it just me??

If this pad really IS an answer to the Kamuis(to be fair not just Kamuis, but with the help of folks here I think it is no longer a problem) falling off, does that mean that there is something wrong with the ones without pads? Not all of them, but I have had a few that would NOT stop soaking up glue. Again, after consulting with John Bertone he said "maybe it would make a nice break tip". Hmmn, not I'll send you out a replacement or "try this next time". Yah I have a personal bias in things that are Kamui.

I'm going to need more to tell a customer than "I get to save a drop of glue with these". What is going to be my angle to sell a 45.00(or more ffs) tip install?

1 Shield: I use that and now people want to know if everything else plays inconsistently and how that can be judged.

2 Flatness: The class A granite I have is flat enough. I'm not going to people this is better because it eliminates some human error....

3 Connection: If done properly the mating surfaces are perfect anyway...

Last edited:

bdcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All of the acrylic pads I have seen, including this one, are ugly IMO. Since pricing isn't even out yet, I'll guess these will be hands down the most expensive tip on the planet.

What exactly holds the pad on anyway? I am betting it is some kind of glue.... Is is magical glue that doesn't soak into the naturally absorbent nature of leather?? On the Kamui site where it shows main features, have a look at the "connection". The layer adjacent to the acrylic looks nothing like the other layers to me....Is it just me??

If this pad really IS an answer to the Kamuis(to be fair not just Kamuis, but with the help of folks here I think it is no longer a problem) falling off, does that mean that there is something wrong with the ones without pads? Not all of them, but I have had a few that would NOT stop soaking up glue. Again, after consulting with John Bertone he said "maybe it would make a nice break tip". Hmmn, not I'll send you out a replacement or "try this next time". Yah I have a personal bias in things that are Kamui.

I'm going to need more to tell a customer than "I get to save a drop of glue with these". What is going to be my angle to sell a 45.00(or more ffs) tip install?

1 Shield: I use that and now people want to know if everything else plays inconsistently and how that can be judged.

2 Flatness: The class A granite I have is flat enough. I'm not going to people this is better because it eliminates some human error....

3 Connection: If done properly the mating surfaces are perfect anyway...

I would agree. If the tip costs more money I will not be ordering them. In fact I told John to stop sending all the advertizements if it would lower the cost of the current tips. The question above about how is this clear layer attached to the bottom layer of the tip is a good one. What kept that glue from soaking into the bottom layer of the SS? I like the tips a lot, but the price increases are going to kill sales.

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would agree. If the tip costs more money I will not be ordering them. In fact I told John to stop sending all the advertizements if it would lower the cost of the current tips. The question above about how is this clear layer attached to the bottom layer of the tip is a good one. What kept that glue from soaking into the bottom layer of the SS? I like the tips a lot, but the price increases are going to kill sales.

They are probably using contact cement. That is what all other tips with pads used in the past (Triumph, old Champions and Chandivert champions). Pretty tough glue but to slow setting for this day and age.

Dick

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
I'll be curious to see how they do. I'm on my second Kamui Black Soft, the first one lasted a year, still had mileage left, but since I was only getting back to the States once a year, I decided to have a new one put on...it's 8 months and going strong, absolutely perfect, I don't even have to touch it up, it holds its bevel perfectly (the chalking action alone keeps it in shape). If anything, it's hitting better as time passes. I've never had a Kamui or my Samsara j/b tip come off, must have a good cue repair guy! :wink:

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
been around for quite a while here (where the idea originates from)
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=3698588&postcount=4
Also my post #7 there.
I understand the use of those pre-padded tips for Russian billiard market since 90% of oyramid cues are ferrule-less but I sincerely see no application for pool :confused: Strange move by Kamui.

In the installation video (yikes, coming with a blade so close to spinning chuck was scary) they say the top layer is also made of polycarbonate? What's the reason for that, to double the productoin cost???

bdcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
been around for quite a while here (where the idea originates from)
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=3698588&postcount=4
Also my post #7 there.
I understand the use of those pre-padded tips for Russian billiard market since 90% of oyramid cues are ferrule-less but I sincerely see no application for pool :confused: Strange move by Kamui.

In the installation video (yikes, coming with a blade so close to spinning chuck was scary) they say the top layer is also made of polycarbonate? What's the reason for that, to double the productoin cost???

Any shaft that needs a pad it seems would benefit from this... ivory ferrules.