View Single Post
Old
  (#186)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 0

06-24-2013, 08:27 AM

I caught up with the whole thread.

I have a vast amount of measuring experience, from a lifetime of woodworking, and more recently, metalworking.

I think it is extremely difficult to measure the theoretical corners of the mouth of the pocket, as per sloppy pocket's diagram.

Those theoretical points are in thin air. You need to hold two of them in your mind, while holding a ruler over both of them. I just tried doing this, and was not satisfied with my results.

I also have a sliding bevel gage. If I had two of them, and 3 hands, I might have better success obtaining this theoretical measurement.

I will look into this further. Perhaps something like laying post it notes stuck on the cushion can extend the lines of the cushion to a real intersection point, that can then be measured to and from.