new addition 025.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 1,885

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member

Houstoer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
love these types of threads. Wish I was handy enough to build me something like this. Please keep us updated and please say you're going to put a diamond in there !

Colormegone2002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes,I'm gonna have a small bar area.Im actually getting a lot of help from my father Houstoer,who is 72 years old and still one hell of a carpenter.When this is finished I will give him all the credit.
My hopes is to have a Diamond in here but I may have to start with a Gandy big G.I have 2 of them but will probably just use one.
Stay tuned for updates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
You are one lucky dude gettin to do this!!! I am kinda tossing around how to get myself a main floor pool room. We have 3 1/2 acres so we have enough space for a free standing building but I don't know if I want to walk outside to play pool, especially when its cold like today, -20 without windchill.I am thinking of adding an addition onto the house, but I think that will be considerably more expensive. I also know that whatever I do I would like it big enuff to add a Diamond BB to go with my GCII.

Colormegone2002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would be knocking balls around right now but my room isn't

finished and I would have to go outside.So,I can't wait to get done!

Colormegone2002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, finally after almost to weeks of crappy weather.I will start again
tomorrow with putting on the trusses and tieing in to the existing roof.
Moe pics coming soon and hopefully we can keep some good weather
going for a few days so I can at least be able to get working on the inside

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, finally after almost to weeks of crappy weather.I will start again
tomorrow with putting on the trusses and tieing in to the existing roof.
Moe pics coming soon and hopefully we can keep some good weather
going for a few days so I can at least be able to get working on the inside

Great project, Lots of fun..I know you must be very excited..I don't know if you are into other things like I am..(woodworking, etc) but it is really great to have your own man cave..I had to share my area with a washer, dryer, water heater and stuff, but maybe I can give you a few ideas..I'm really happy, with all I have crammed into my 2 car garage !

100_0103.jpg

100_0106.jpg

100_0107.jpg

Last edited:

Apocalypse2017

Welcome to the resistance
Silver Member
You are one lucky dude gettin to do this!!! I am kinda tossing around how to get myself a main floor pool room. We have 3 1/2 acres so we have enough space for a free standing building but I don't know if I want to walk outside to play pool, especially when its cold like today, -20 without windchill.I am thinking of adding an addition onto the house, but I think that will be considerably more expensive. I also know that whatever I do I would like it big enuff to add a Diamond BB to go with my GCII.

This is why I bought and sold my last house. It had a finished 20X20 building with a half bath, bar, a/c, cable/internet, everything.

But at the end of the day I didn't want to walk out there, Now I'm looking for a house I can put my table right in the living room.

First world problems I guess, good luck with your project! Post lots of pics!

PickPocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

2 words.. "Underground Passageway" ;) Problems solved, and very cool pool room!

Has anyone every built a whole billiards/pool room underground?!

Colormegone2002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very cool SJD and yes I'm mostly into cars.I just sold my last one and can't wait to get another soon!I lean more toward the mechanic stuff but only because I'm not smart enough to woodwork.lol.I've really been getting the itch for a lathe.Who knows maybe when I'm finished with the room I can put one in there.
Your place is very niceSDC10758.jpg

Just thought I'd throw a pic in of my last one.

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
I opened this thread to see your progress and scrolled down to see sjd's pics and said, "Damn, that was fast!" Then I realized it wasn't the same place! I'm overworked and slightly hung over.....carry on.

Colormegone2002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Things have been really slow but I will finally finish putting the shingles on today.I will post a couple pics later.

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
love these types of threads. Wish I was handy enough to build me something like this. Please keep us updated and please say you're going to put a diamond in there !

You don't give yourself enough credit. I hate when my friends give me that ... ooh you're so handy. Bull. If you hit a nail it goes in.

If you have the desire to learn what to do, you can do it. A more accurate statement might be, I wish I wasn't too chicken to try this myself, rather than I wish I was handy enough.

I think if you went on youtube you might be able to perform open heart surgery by watching all the videos on the subject. ( j/k of course) but this is nothing more than a matter of desire and small effort to learn a simple few things, and have a few simple tools. In today's day and age this is not hard to do.

Square, and plumb, nail it and repeat. ... come on ... get started you can do this too.
(by the way ... hammering in a shitload of nails can do wonders for a loose stroke and letting the tool do the work! Wax on wax off.) :)

Looks like a great job so far by the way! Gonna be a nice hideout. :thumbup:

Last edited:

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don't give yourself enough credit. I hate when my friends give me that ... ooh you're so handy. Bull. If you hit a nail it goes in.

If you have the desire to learn what to do, you can do it. A more accurate statement might be, I wish I wasn't too chicken to try this myself, rather than I wish I was handy enough.

I think if you went on youtube you might be able to perform open heart surgery by watching all the videos on the subject. ( j/k of course) but this is nothing more than a matter of desire and small effort to learn a simple few things, and have a few simple tools. In today's day and age this is not hard to do.

Square, and plumb, nail it and repeat. ... come on ... get started you can do this too.
(by the way ... hammering in a shitload of nails can do wonders for a loose stroke and letting the tool do the work! Wax on wax off.) :)

Looks like a great job so far by the way! Gonna be a nice hideout. :thumbup:
There is an another way. The house I own up north where I will be moving sits on 8 acres but is very small. Since a pool room is very important to me I plan on getting one of those steel buildings on the property to house my cue shop and pool table something like this.
http://mbmisteelbuildings.com/

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
There is an another way. The house I own up north where I will be moving sits on 8 acres but is very small. Since a pool room is very important to me I plan on getting one of those steel buildings on the property to house my cue shop and pool table something like this.
http://mbmisteelbuildings.com/

For sure .. get it big enough for a bar box, a 9 footer and a snooker tabe. Hey might as well throw in a 3 cushion table too. Wouldn't that be nice! What a man cave.

But I'm just saying people don't give themselves enough credit to get out there and do it.