2015 AZB Ghost Challenge - Official Thread

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Can I post my results and accompanying video if I can beat the 1 ball ghost to 7? I think I only beat the ghost once on my tight pocket (4 1/4"-4 3/8") Gold Crown. I do not play 9 ball often, in fact I screwed myself on strategy a few times in small tournaments but I did break & run a few times during the tournaments on a Diamond BB.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Great Post !!!

contact the Mods, and ask for this to become a sticky.

this way it doesnt get lost in the shuffle !!

-Steve

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Can I post my results and accompanying video if I can beat the 1 ball ghost to 7? I think I only beat the ghost once on my tight pocket (4 1/4"-4 3/8") Gold Crown.

You sure can! If I remember correctly there's a special rule for playing the 1-ball ghost where you have to take ball in hand by corner-hooking yourself. :wink:

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Great idea and great thread

Kudos' to the AZ'ers that started this. The best thread I have seen in a long time. Hope it stays on track...really enjoying watching the video's.

Great job

Wedge

Playin4Dinner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Merry Xmas Everyone...

7-2 vs 9 ball ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuy6kH0x2Qk&list=UUU8p34QpYKDxbcYgZttncjw

Missed a combo and made one position error...

Pretty good tempo, set is less than 20 min, including racking...

Table - 4.5 x 9 Olhausen/ 860 simonis/accufast rails/shimmed pockets

Breaker/Player - W2W Predator Sneaky w/uniloc original 314..

CJ vs Earl at Sands in background , Pretty Boy Floyd and Diamond Bill in the booth...

P.S. My buddy that was in the video quit smoking...

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Okay, I finally got my video uploaded!

12/23/2014, Lost 6-7, 9' GC with 4 3/4" pockets
http://youtu.be/QB8Z2FLFIhE

I was keeping score in my head and thought I had won like 7-5, but when I watched the video, I realized the ghost had already gotten to 7 before I played the final rack... damn! Watching the video, it looks like I play a little too fast and need to finish thinking before I shoot to prevent those bone-headed misses.

I was considering giving up and restarting the video after that crappy start, but I realized I'd only be cheating myself and I think it actually forced me to play better. Like the great Winston Churchhill once said, "If you're going through hell, keep going."

I'll get you next time, Casper!

flash5153

none
Silver Member

I was keeping score in my head and thought I had won like 7-5, but when I watched the video, I realized the ghost had already gotten to 7 before I played the final rack... damn! Watching the video, it looks like I play a little too fast and need to finish thinking before I shoot to prevent those bone-headed misses.

I was considering giving up and restarting the video after that crappy start, but I realized I'd only be cheating myself and I think it actually forced me to play better. Like the great Winston Churchhill once said, "If you're going through hell, keep going."

You posted a private video.

Playin4Dinner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Go to edit on your video and select public...

Tried to check it out and it's set on private...

Playin4Dinner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Btw, tx 4 creating this thread

I enjoy watching az members play and I also like to share my own..

Happy Holidays

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
Btw, tx 4 creating this thread

I enjoy watching az members play and I also like to share my own..

Happy Holidays

Yikes, man, you're strong. It's been a long time since I've seen anyone play so effortlessly. I honestly think you could have won 7-0. What size pockets does that table have?

Would you try the 10B Ghost for us, please?

David Marcus

"not bad,for a blind man"
Silver Member
Post of the DECADE !

Thanks to all that made this happen and continue to make it happen. This is exactly what this forum should be all about! Motivating your fellow pool junkies ! I'll be posting once I get to at least 3, been playing the ghost race to 5, and been getting to only 1 fairly consistently(many could of been 3). WILL BE posting soon! Thanks again for the "fuel"!
Just what I've been looking for....:thumbup2:

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Thanks to all that made this happen and continue to make it happen. This is exactly what this forum should be all about! Motivating your fellow pool junkies !

Good luck with your challenge David!
I look forward to seeing that moment when you finally do beat that pesky ghost. :smile:

flash5153

none
Silver Member

I started watching this and could help but notice the audio!! lol Is there really a annoying video game like that in a pool hall? Or should ask what that sound is??

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
I started watching this and could help but notice the audio!! lol Is there really a annoying video game like that in a pool hall? Or should ask what that sound is??

Ah, that would be the electronic darts machines they have in nearly every pool hall around these parts. I don't even notice the sounds anymore but I can see how they could be annoying. I'll see if I can find another quieter place to film for next time.

flash5153

none
Silver Member
Ah, that would be the electronic darts machines they have in nearly every pool hall around these parts. I don't even notice the sounds anymore but I can see how they could be annoying. I'll see if I can find another quieter place to film for next time.

Well it does not matter to me, and is probably more noticeable to the camera than in person. Reminds me of that movie,,when mars attacks!! lol

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Nice shooting play4dinner!!!
I have not watched others yet but I am sure I will see many more with skills, I cant wait till I have more time. Great thread victorl !!!!!!

Playin4Dinner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yikes, man, you're strong. It's been a long time since I've seen anyone play so effortlessly. I honestly think you could have won 7-0. What size pockets does that table have?

Would you try the 10B Ghost for us, please?

Tx for the kind words, really...

Never measured the pockets but my friend says they are shimmed. Two balls will fit but will not drop. Hard to explain, maybe 4.5 inch pockets...

Below is a compilation when I found my gear/tempo (8 racks/10 min) over a lunch break. This was when I was playing a lot more than twice a week. Feels good when everything is clicking...

(below is not an entry to the challenge)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPmP7ubdSuo&list=UUU8p34QpYKDxbcYgZttncjw

Working on 12 ball ghost for the new year. Beat the 10 ball a few times on this table. Never the 12 ball though.

Keep the videos coming guys... Enjoying this thread so far...