2015 AZB Ghost Challenge - Official Thread

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Hi Victor,

I went thought all the links and put a box around the ones that went to the wrong place. It might be more hassle than its worth linking to the person's post... I don't know, only you know how much hassle it is or is not:)

Thanks,
Nick

View attachment 370600

View attachment 370599

Hi Nick,

Thanks for going to all the trouble to check that... I think the problem is that I've been copying and just changing the post number part of the link, but apparently that doesn't work. I'll fix things up when I have a little more time.

Cheers!

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
I feel like I have a lot to apologize for with this video lol
I haven't been in pool and especially video mode for a while.
I apologize for throwing the camera up on a bad angle
Room looks messy
I was watching TED tv (who knew ted would promote good pool) and had to take some moments between racks to scroll.
Got away with a few shots but in general, staying in line is boring pool.
I didn't and don't have time to to edit but will do in the future, yea right
And I think I miss counted the score of 100-60?

Thanks for the upload, Joe. Nothing to apologize for, it's a privelege to have someone of your caliber make a contribution! I did a count and 100-60 looks right.

I think we need to clarify though, whether we should end the game when you reach 100, or if you should play the final rack through to the end. It makes a big difference, as you would have scored 100-48 if you had stopped at 100. I think a regular match would end once someone reaches 100, so I think we should do the same (and
I believe that's how Gerry scored his), so is it okay if we go with 100-48?

Also, I'm assuming your table is a GC with 4.5" pockets, is that correct?

Vic

Joe T

Awesome!

Completely agreed! Thanks, Joe!

That table looks like it plays very nice. I have one that looks just like it in storage with 4.25" pockets and I CAN'T WAIT to get it set up. The wife and I have been house hunting and just haven't found the right place yet.

And very nice shooting, sir. You and Gerry are setting the bar pretty high for the rest of us, lol. Thanks again!

I've had this table for about 8yrs but after my CA trip where I saw all those table that Ernesto does out there I had to have mine done like that. The 9B tournament at Hard Times Sacramento was the first time in years that I really enjoy watching a 9b event, the guys were never OUT. Even with bih if there was something down a rail we all sweat it right to the end. I also felt that those tables created smarter players.

So when I came home I was lucky enough to find what turned out to be an old friend was making extended rails. Well not only did I get extended rails I got to see love put into a table that I had never witnessed before. He put over 12 hrs in the course of 2 days fixing everything he said had been shortcutted over the yrs while it was in the pool rooms. He had a metal wire wrapped around his thigh, attached to a tool that could grab the cloth just so he could pull it even but tighter than I ever saw.

Its like a new table and I was happy to see an artist at work.

Attachments

• old pockets.jpg
    old pockets.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 382
  • new pockets.jpg
    new pockets.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 377
Last edited:

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
Score: 7-1
Table 10' Burnswick w/4.5" Pockets
All 9 ball runs

Had to live by the splash in rack 2. Rack 7 draw didn't take cuz over cut ball and missed on next shot. Ran 8th rack.

If this is a contest they should make it a sticky like on the 14.1 forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1JGGbaI8FA&feature=youtu.be

Very nice shooting. I like the way you rip those cross side banks. There will be no rolling off hitting them like that. :thumbup: . That game you lost, were you undecided on whether to cut it or bank it? It sorta looked like that when you pulled the trigger.

That long shot on the nine was excellent. I wouldnt enjoy having to shoot that one to pay the mortgage.

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice shooting. I like the way you rip those cross side banks. There will be no rolling off hitting them like that. :thumbup: . That game you lost, were you undecided on whether to cut it or bank it? It sorta looked like that when you pulled the trigger.

That long shot on the nine was excellent. I wouldnt enjoy having to shoot that one to pay the mortgage.

The leave was a bad shot. If you watch when I pocketed the 5 ball, I over cut it and it almost rattled out. Had I made it clean I would have drawn out with a nice angle on the 6 for a easy finish. But to answer your question, I tried to soft touch the bank on the 6 for a leave on the 7 and missed it by a mile. I'll be posting that 7-0 soon. Thanks for watching.

Last edited:

sjb

evolving player
Silver Member
Just put up a 7-2 on the 9 ball ghost. I feel like it should have been a 7-0 (dogged a 7 and an 8 I shouldn't miss), but I'll focus better next time.

9' Brunswick Anniversary, 4 3/4" pockets

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Just put up a 7-2 on the 9 ball ghost. I feel like it should have been a 7-0 (dogged a 7 and an 8 I shouldn't miss), but I'll focus better next time.

9' Brunswick Anniversary, 4 3/4" pockets

Thanks sjb, you've been added to the OP.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
got my phone working and recorded first set of 10-ball 7-6 win... but dunno why it is upside down :D (not gonna upload it to tube)
Crap. Have to figure what´s wrong with that.. :eek:

Edit: also too much mini freezes. :(

flash5153

none
Silver Member
I feel like I have a lot to apologize for with this video lol
I haven't been in pool and especially video mode for a while.
I apologize for throwing the camera up on a bad angle
Room looks messy
I was watching TED tv (who knew ted would promote good pool) and had to take some moments between racks to scroll.
Got away with a few shots but in general, staying in line is boring pool.
I didn't and don't have time to to edit but will do in the future, yea right
And I think I miss counted the score of 100-60?
Most of all I apologize to Gerry's family and coworkers because he's going away next week to play in the American Rotation Finals and he's only going to have the next 7 days to beat the Steak out of me so he may be a little mia ;)
Video is unlisted (not my most professional appearance ) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZDFynHx-oU

Was scrolling through and decided to watch your video. You make that look way easier than what it is.
The few times I try this,, it is never good. But on my last attempt I realized something that makes me want to try again.
I find it very difficult to run a table. Any table,,,and it seems no matter how well the balls are sitting.
On my last attempt I did better than I ever had before.(still terrible but ran a rack) .

I realized if I can just get through the first couple of balls,,maybe even 4-5. The table then gets way way easier.
I know that sounds kinda silly and obvious.But for me,,just thinking that way,,has helped me get much further on each rack.
Concentrate really hard to get a few balls down and the table opens up. Still not a easy thing to do,,but it has helped me.

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
got my phone working and recorded first set of 10-ball 7-6 win... but dunno why it is upside down :D (not gonna upload it to tube)
Crap. Have to figure what´s wrong with that.. :eek:

Thanks, Poolmanis.
Could you tell me the table type and pocket size you're playing on?

Cheers,
Vic

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is tightened 9ft Sam Billiards with Simonis 860. Dunno pocket size but Pockets play really tough...