View Single Post
Old
  (#29)
Patrick Johnson
Banned
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

03-03-2015, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Coriolis, the French mathematician, described this masse aiming technique. The essential principle is to elevate the cue until your tip points down through the CB at an imaginary line on the table drawn from the CB's base forward and parallel to the path you want the CB to take after curving. The "compass" direction you point the cue determines the CB's initial direction. How hard you hit the CB determines how far it goes in that initial direction before completing the curve onto the parallel path.

It's the best masse aiming technique I know, it's very accurate with some practice, and it works on all masse shots from small shallow curves to 180-degree "turnaround" curves.

pj
chgo
Quote:
Neil:
It's what I use, and has served me very well over the years.
Quote:
MSchaffer:
Bob Byrne described the masse just like this in one of his early videos, and is what I use. It is very accurate, and very simple to visualize. (Actual execution may be a problem, but the theory is dead solid)
It's very easy to visualize at the table - the picture below shows how. Once you know the technique, the only thing to calibrate by feel is the butt elevation and speed, which control when the ball curves.

pj
chgo

Attachment 03095
Attached Images

Last edited by Patrick Johnson; 03-03-2015 at 10:18 AM.