2015 AZB Ghost Challenge - Official Thread

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member
Ghost challenge? Why didn't anybody notify me? :confused:

If this thing involves shooting pool then I'm OUT.

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Yeah, I wouldn't stay if I were you.
Guys have been slaughtering ghosts left and right, it's becoming a ghost graveyard in here.

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Chalk me up for a 7-1 win playing 10-Ball on my 10' Brunswick.

Added to OP, great shooting as always!

Someone needs to step up 'cause Side Pocket has his sights on topping all the rankings, and all done on a 10 footer to boot!

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Yea, I hear ya. Been playing real lazy and without much purpose lately.

I can't see them but I'm pretty sure I've got ghosts lining up out the door and down the street to play me right now.

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play on 860hr simonis.

Very nice! Good shooting! What kind of cloth is on your table? It looks crazy fast.

Just for giggles, I might record a quick set tomorrow. I'm out of town (like always it seems) and there is a room close by with some real tight Gold Crowns. If I can muster better than a 5-7 loss on those tables I'll be proud of myself, lol.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OP updated, thanks. I'd love to see some more American rotation vids or even some (gasp!) 15-ball if any of you are up for it!
I gotta get back to filming too, just been bangin balls around for the last while and feel like my game has dropped since then.

Been little bit busy with work... also rheumatics have now bad times so I´ve been hurt all time.:(
I saw your request and had little time today and played one game AMRO(american rotation) to 100 points. I believe i won 100 - 75. Have to check from video. Also I check if my phone did record it properly(it been little unsure with recordings).
Probably i don´t have yet time to put it on Youtube but after one week i got my four week vacation and latest then i upload it.
table was also really tough because so much humidity(summer and raining every day..). Cueball just don´t slide at all..

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just had a good workout at the gym and I'm feeling pumped up. I'm going to take on the ghost again right now! Get it done!

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Good stuff guys!
I think it's time to shake the dust off my camera and get back at it!

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just played another set. Was up 6-3 and lost 6-7. I played really well though, felt good the whole time, and the balls were going in very cleanly:)

Try again another day:)

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Just played another set. Was up 6-3 and lost 6-7. I played really well though, felt good the whole time, and the balls were going in very cleanly:)

Try again another day:)

Nice, just a matter of time now. That last game to win the set is always the hardest for me. The ghost doesn't just fold and give up like real opponent might, gotta earn it right to the end!

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
This thread piqued my interest....though I pretty much despise 9 ball, I was curious how I would do after seeing some of the other vids.

I decided what the heck. If I don't do well I can blame it on never playing or practicing rotation games at all. If I do well; well, that's cuz I'm a stud, and can play just about anything, whether I like it or not.:p

To set the scene, I have a Valley barbox that has Ridgeback rails (to tighten up the buckets a bit) and 860HR. I grabbed a 1 piece cue off the wall since the walk upstairs to get my normal playing cue may have been taxing enough to skew the outcome ;)

Spoiler alert - race didn't finish. My apparition opponent pulled up on me when he got even; OR I feared my cue may have become a javelin after dogging a 2nd straight in 6 ball (one or the other). This was my first vid of myself playing, and after seeing it I can definitely see some benefits of being able to watch the play-back. So, I promise to record a full race (win or lose) soon.

not sure how to link it, so, I'll try this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHI55YRNez4

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Awesome, thanks for participating!

It looks like your video is set to private so you'll have to change the privacy setting to public in order for other people to watch it.

Cheers,
Vic

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
Awesome, thanks for participating!

It looks like your video is set to private so you'll have to change the privacy setting to public in order for other people to watch it.

Cheers,
Vic

ok....sorry, total NEWB

my Youtube skills and pool skills are VERY, VERY poor

Last edited:

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been little bit busy with work... also rheumatics have now bad times so I´ve been hurt all time.:(
I saw your request and had little time today and played one game AMRO(american rotation) to 100 points. I believe i won 100 - 75. Have to check from video. Also I check if my phone did record it properly(it been little unsure with recordings).
Probably i don´t have yet time to put it on Youtube but after one week i got my four week vacation and latest then i upload it.
table was also really tough because so much humidity(summer and raining every day..). Cueball just don´t slide at all..

I uploaded that AMRO-match now. I say score a loud between the racks(and curse in Finnish sometimes :embarrassed2:)

I actually did count wrong when i said 60-60 and it is actually 61-59 for me. So match ended 100-74 for me.
little bit blurry vid because camera placement sucks that table and need to zoom little too much..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtIccfTxRbI

Last edited:

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
I uploaded that AMRO-match now. I say score a loud between the racks(and curse in Finnish sometimes :embarrassed2:)

I actually did count wrong when i said 60-60 and it is actually 61-59 for me. So match ended 100-74 for me.
little bit blurry vid because camera placement sucks that table and need to zoom little too much..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtIccfTxRbI

Added to the OP! Good shooting and just the third person to beat the AmRo ghost so far!