View Single Post
Old
  (#4)
Dan White
AzB Silver Member
Dan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-07-2015, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randytabares View Post
What is the best method for cleaning pool balls? I built a ball polisher and use it but there is a film that shows up on the balls after a few racks of play. Chalk sticks to the cue ball and transfers to the object ball. Is there a better way to clean them?
I followed up on Dr. Dave's video on ball throw with different cleaners. I found that if you use Novus, probably not that different from any wax or car polish, the throw characteristics change dramatically in a short time. I found with Novus that the ball initially threw about 1" over 6 diamonds and after only 15 or 20 shots the same ball was throwing over 4". On the other hand, if you use Aramith cleaner, which is specifically made to clean pool balls, the throw was the same for shot 1 as it was for shot 30, about 4 or 5 inches (don't recall the exact throw, but they all threw the same).

IMO, use car waxes for cars, use billiard ball cleaners for billiard balls. Your own experience is a good example.

Dan White