What did I miss? DTL hasn't posted since 03/08/16

SilverCue

Sir Raksalot
Silver Member
What did I miss? DTL hasn't posted since 03/08/16 and it looks like he redacted the majority of his posts.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
A lot of great posters withdrew their content from AZB. When a place allows people like Lou Figueroa and other trollish type folks to run off the good posters it's not any wonder why they go.

This forum could have been the greatest online resource for pool ever if troublemakers had been run off consistently. It's one reason I rarely show up any more.

You can find a lot of the best writers who were here posting on facebook every day. Just find them and follow them and you will see what I mean.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
To call Lou a troll is insulting trolls everywhere.... As far as what happened here who really knows..... We had bad posters and know it alls run good posters away for the last 3 years... you had pj yes lowercase and Dr Doofus act like this was their forum...

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
To call Lou a troll is insulting trolls everywhere.... As far as what happened here who really knows..... We had bad posters and know it alls run good posters away for the last 3 years... you had pj yes lowercase and Dr Doofus act like this was their forum...

I saw your post before you edited it and it was even worse before. What is actually ruining this forum is dumb people who are so arrogant that they want to argue with scientists that could spot them 50 IQ points and as well as the two out and the breaks in experience and knowledge on the topic they try and debate them on. The have zero interest in ever actually learning anything or in ever even considering the possibility (probability) that they could be wrong. It is inexcusable and has gotten progressively worse over time and has been really pervasive these last few years. It is chasing off all the good posters.

The other thing that is ruining the forum is the people who are really just here to shill for the products they sell even though they try not to make it obvious. This problem has thankfully actually gotten a little better recently though. Now if we can just get rid of the dumb people who have no interest in ever learning anything and every interest in passing on their falsehoods and nonsense at all costs then this site could see a real resurgence.

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
It's one reason I rarely show up any more.

You have over 100 posts in the last week.

A lot of great posters withdrew their content from AZB. When a place allows people like Lou Figueroa and other trollish type folks to run off the good posters it's not any wonder why they go.

I disagree. Even back in the RSB days during which I barely if at all posted you needed a thick
skin to contribute on forums / newsgroups. If you let people on the internet get to you like some
people do then no matter how well the forum is policed you find a way to feel insulted and run
off the forum.

Facebook is fun for what it is but you simply cannot compare discussing something with 500
of your chosen "friends" on Facebook to discussing it with 50.000 member on AZ. Yes you will
get a lot more negative opinions but if all you ever want is for others to say "Great idea"
or "Good job" to you, well actual life will have some suprises for you.

This forum could have been the greatest online resource for pool ever

It still is, by far. You can't find anything on Facebook after a few days if you did not happen
to partake in the discussion.

gr. Dave

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
You instigate just as much as Lou, and you give him the rainbow crush in fanning the flames.
This forum could have been the greatest online resource for pool ever if troublemakers had been run off consistently. It's one reason I rarely show up any more.
Really, you don't see the irony in this at all?
You can find a lot of the best writers who were here posting on facebook every day. Just find them and follow them and you will see what I mean.

I much prefer an open forum to Facebook. I can post an idea here and the same day I'll get maybe 50 replies to it. Some will be negative, some will be from "comedians" and some will be from knowledgable people. The point is, I'll have a discussion on a topic that I'm interested in, instead of kissing some guys ass hoping he'll throw me a tiny tidbit of information. I'm not much of a fanboy anyway, the very thought of sucking up to another guy that way makes me queesy, and gossip holds no interest to me what so ever. Nor am I interested in randomly lurking on their FB accounts hoping that they'll happen to talk about someting good. They mostly won't anyway, they have DVD's and products to sell.

Some pro says something, that I "like" on Facebook, what is even the point in doing that, I wonder? My only contribution to that conversation is pressing the button, like a Pidgeon in a science experiment. My entire participation and thought process reduced to clicking an icon. Yeah, that's really a significant contribution to pool, and a productive way to spend the day.

From the pros perspective FB is great of course. They can flog their merchandise and get worshipped by hundreds of fanboys, while never ever having their ideas or actions questioned by anyone. I'm not really interested in "hounding" any pros, but if some pro were to say something outrageous on Azb, they would get questioned, which IMO is good.

I'd much rather flip through old fishing gear catalogs than seeing pics of some pro in a hotel room holding a cue. The latter holds no information or entertainment whatsoever. Don't care if he had a drink the night before the tournament or if he quarrels with another pro. It's stupid and pointless. Facebook accounts for pro players are like those magazines for teenage girls with Justin Bieber info, only for 40+ balding fanboys.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I saw your post before you edited it and it was even worse before. What is actually ruining this forum is dumb people who are so arrogant that they want to argue with scientists that could spot them 50 IQ points and as well as the two out and the breaks in experience and knowledge on the topic they try and debate them on. The have zero interest in ever actually learning anything or in ever even considering the possibility (probability) that they could be wrong. It is inexcusable and has gotten progressively worse over time and has been really pervasive these last few years. It is chasing off all the good posters.

The other thing that is ruining the forum is the people who are really just here to shill for the products they sell even though they try not to make it obvious. This problem has thankfully actually gotten a little better recently though. Now if we can just get rid of the dumb people who have no interest in ever learning anything and every interest in passing on their falsehoods and nonsense at all costs then this site could see a real resurgence.

You have over 100 posts in the last week.

I disagree. Even back in the RSB days during which I barely if at all posted you needed a thick
skin to contribute on forums / newsgroups. If you let people on the internet get to you like some
people do then no matter how well the forum is policed you find a way to feel insulted and run
off the forum.

Facebook is fun for what it is but you simply cannot compare discussing something with 500
of your chosen "friends" on Facebook to discussing it with 50.000 member on AZ. Yes you will
get a lot more negative opinions but if all you ever want is for others to say "Great idea"
or "Good job" to you, well actual life will have some suprises for you.

It still is, by far. You can't find anything on Facebook after a few days if you did not happen
to partake in the discussion.

gr. Dave

I much prefer an open forum to Facebook. I can post an idea here and the same day I'll get maybe 50 replies to it. Some will be negative, some will be from "comedians" and some will be from knowledgable people. The point is, I'll have a discussion on a topic that I'm interested in, instead of kissing some guys ass hoping he'll throw me a tiny tidbit of information. I'm not much of a fanboy anyway, the very thought of sucking up to another guy that way makes me queesy, and gossip holds no interest to me what so ever. Nor am I interested in randomly lurking on their FB accounts hoping that they'll happen to talk about someting good. They mostly won't anyway, they have DVD's and products to sell.

Some pro says something, that I "like" on Facebook, what is even the point in doing that, I wonder? My only contribution to that conversation is pressing the button, like a Pidgeon in a science experiment. My entire participation and thought process reduced to clicking an icon. Yeah, that's really a significant contribution to pool, and a productive way to spend the day.

From the pros perspective FB is great of course. They can flog their merchandise and get worshipped by hundreds of fanboys, while never ever having their ideas or actions questioned by anyone. I'm not really interested in "hounding" any pros, but if some pro were to say something outrageous on Azb, they would get questioned, which IMO is good.

I'd much rather flip through old fishing gear catalogs than seeing pics of some pro in a hotel room holding a cue. The latter holds no information or entertainment whatsoever. Don't care if he had a drink the night before the tournament or if he quarrels with another pro. It's stupid and pointless. Facebook accounts for pro players are like those magazines for teenage girls with Justin Bieber info, only for 40+ balding fanboys.
I feel a little better after reading these posts...puts words to how I feel.
...some posters remind me of a player who would walk into a pool hall and tell everybody how much better another pool hall was.....they didn't seem to have the sense to be embarrassed.

I like the open concept of AZ....don't feel like discussing anything with someone who has their finger hovering over the 'unfriend' button.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
As far as DTL goes...I don't know why exactly he doesn't post anymore, but i suspect that the arguments he had with ENGLISH! on the aiming forum was a significant factor. A lot of people got banned in short order around that time. The arguments were as vicious as they were pointless. The aiming forum has become a dead place, since everyone pretty much realized that the discussion was going nowhere. Some got banned and others quit posting there. I don't post there anymore either. You can post a thread there, and a week later you'll have maybe 4 replies..."Ghost town" doesn't even cover it. It's so dead, even the ghosts died from boredom.

Last edited:

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Totally agree with what you stated.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Calling Dr. Dave a doofus is pretty pathetic. There are quite a few posters on here who desperately want to come across like some sort of expert and they can't stand it when the real experts put them in their place.

BasementDweller <--------- no expert and doesn't pretend to be one.

Bank Shot

Registered

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: