After 3 months with my Naked BeCue - Thoughts and Details

Agent 99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's with all the secrecy??? How much does it cost?

There is no secret .. lol ... I am not in the billiards sales business - I don't sell anything, nor do I make anything. I am a pool player who is always playing - I have no idea what different products are selling for or what the current deals may be.

All I can tell you is what I paid.

Send an e-mail and you will have your answer. :grin:

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello this is Ricky Bryant - WrickyB - yes I have been doing demos and taking orders for Becue here in the USA my email and text contact is USA@BecueOfficial.com

We do have special pricing available until the web store is open. The 5.2 Pro Taper shaft will start shipping August 1. The Break cue should be shipping in September.

Contact me if you have questions.

Ricky Bryant

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
So that fargo rate should be up around 750 - 800 by this time next yr I would think. Im just saying, its the indian, not the arrow. All the claims he is making, sound like marketing hype. I would associate it to the placebo affect. CJ was also qualified, do you use TOI? It will make you 3 balls better by next week. Certainly more so than a cue. But I rest my case. The cue may give you confidence, but it does not improve ROTE (fact), and I took his post as saying it does.

So without seeing one, using one, trying one, etc. you know it doesn't perform as we've attested? You have zero credibility at this stage.

FYI the Revo shaft, similar concept, is showing up in many more top players cases as time goes on. if you don't think equipment can improve and improve your game, you are ignoring the facts. This has happened in virtually all sports in case you didn't notice.

Last edited:

MeeLosh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a BeCue a few days ago. I'm still testing it, but one thing I can say for sure - this cue has BY FAR the sweetest hit I have ever felt in a cue. Each hit - regardless of whether it is a center or off-center ball hit - produces an incredibly satisfying "thud", with very little to no recoil in the shooting hand. Other club members from my club have tried it and they were very pleasantly surprised as well.

I understand how many people singing praises in unison can sound suspicious if not downright annoying for some people, and that at some point all the positive feedback might start sounding like hype, so all I can say is - if you have a chance to try the BeCue, please do. I think most players won't walk off disappointed. I have owned many different cues (including several Predators with different shafts), but this cue produces a hit like nothing I've ever experienced at the pool table.

In any case, I'll have a more detailed review after I've given it sufficient playing time. So far I feel it's going to be a predominantly favorable review, and if that then sounds like more hype to some people - so be it. I'll call it as I see it.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a BeCue a few days ago. I'm still testing it, but one thing I can say for sure - this cue has BY FAR the sweetest hit I have ever felt in a cue. Each hit - regardless of whether it is a center or off-center ball hit - produces an incredibly satisfying "thud", with very little to no recoil in the shooting hand. Other club members from my club have tried it and they were very pleasantly surprised as well.

I understand how many people singing praises in unison can sound suspicious if not downright annoying for some people, and that at some point all the positive feedback might start sounding like hype, so all I can say is - if you have a chance to try the BeCue, please do. I think most players won't walk off disappointed. I have owned many different cues (including several Predators with different shafts), but this cue produces a hit like nothing I've ever experienced at the pool table.

In any case, I'll have a more detailed review after I've given it sufficient playing time. So far I feel it's going to be a predominantly favorable review, and if that then sounds like more hype to some people - so be it. I'll call it as I see it.

Thanks for the initial review, MeeLosh - glad to have you here on the forum.
I added your review post to the list of reviews here:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=442251

I look forward to your complete review after you've spent more time testing it (of which, I'll update the review list with a new link).

Your observations echo many of the thoughts of other players who posted reviews. There is a pattern here where it is not just hype, but leaning towards fact, there is something special about BeCue and it's very apparent from the first hit.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If somebody wants a cue with more forward balance and a skinny butt, would a cue like this work? I'm not sure how they can make one standard-size cue that fits all specifications.

The hit, of course, is important, but what if some folks like a fatter butt or a heavier cue? I'm curious to learn more about it.

MeeLosh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the initial review, MeeLosh - glad to have you here on the forum.

No prob, I bought my cue in large part due to the reviews and impressions I read here on AZ (I'm actually a long time reader, but only recently started to post), so I feel sort of obligated to pass on my sentiment to future readers in hope they might find it as helpful as I found previous reviews (yours included, so thanks for that).

robertod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BeCue shafts

So will BeCue ever sell just shafts as Predator is doing now with their Revo?

As in shafts with all the usual pins, 3/8 x 10, radial, 5/16 x 14 etc.

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
So without seeing one, using one, trying one, etc. you know it doesn't perform as we've attested? You have zero credibility at this stage.

FYI the Revo shaft, similar concept, is showing up in many more top players cases as time goes on. if you don't think equipment can improve and improve your game, you are ignoring the facts. This has happened in virtually all sports in case you didn't notice.

Yes that's true, to an extent. I'll give you that, but......
I love how their video says a wood cue imparts swerve on the cueball, but the becue doesn't lmao! Either they dont understand the science behind cues, or its just marketing hype. I'm sure Mr Jewett could quickly pick their so called science apart pretty quick.
False advertising is enough to turn me off. They make claims with no proof, and then they make false claims on top of that.
Anybody watched the videos on their website? Please report back once you do lol.
This is like buying a match grade rifle barrel, that guarantees sub moa, without any proof :thumbup:
Once again, this cue may feel good for you, and hit good for you, and it may boost your confidence for a while, but it does not make you play better. I read all these same post when OB hit the market, and everyone talked about how much better you could play. I live in Texas, and was hanging out in Royces garage before you could buy the damn things. Saw that craze first hand. Y'all keep on supporting the market, I'll keep ginning balls :D

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So will BeCue ever sell just shafts as Predator is doing now with their Revo?

As in shafts with all the usual pins, 3/8 x 10, radial, 5/16 x 14 etc.

Given time I would say yes. It took Predator a year before they did and Becue has only been shipping shipping since late January (7 months)

Ricky Bryant
USA@BecueOfficial.com

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If somebody wants a cue with more forward balance and a skinny butt, would a cue like this work? I'm not sure how they can make one standard-size cue that fits all specifications.

The hit, of course, is important, but what if some folks like a fatter butt or a heavier cue? I'm curious to learn more about it.

Hi Jam. Currently the shaft can be ordered 1 inch longer and the butt can be ordered 1 inch longer. There is also an extension that goes on the butt.

The Becue has a unique weight system that allows you to add weight in 1/2 ounce increments.

The 5.1 shaft is conical taper (continues taper) and the new 5.2 shaft is pro taper and starts shipping August 1st.

There is a break cue coming around September.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Thanks
Ricky Bryant
USA@BecueOfficial.com

De420MadHatter

SicBiNature
Silver Member
Ha ha, yeah, their videos are not that great.
Their cue, however, is.

It's not that they aren't great, it's that they are dead wrong, as in its a lie. Jewett and Burn taught me this, way way back, before I could run 2 balls.

Last edited:

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's not that they aren't great, it's that they are dead wrong, as in its a lie. Jewett and Burn taught me this, way way back, before I could run 2 balls.

Jewett is shooting with a Revo in the new VENT videos with Dr Dave (Dr. Dave is shooting with one too).

If it was just a fad or hype I imagine they would be all over it.

You also should realize that the BeCue guys were only on a kickstarter phase at this time last year.
They had zero budget and any marketing was shoestring. Predator throws a TON of money into their advertising and marketing.

BeCue patent for the front end technology is something that is tangible and highly engineered, not just a marketing video. That info is available on the site. After playing with BeCue for over a half a year now, there's definitely something to this new construction that makes it play entirely different than any low deflection shaft I've played before.

I think this debate is healthy and I would be interested in your comments once you try BeCue.

I do have a 150 hour review planned, but I'm holding back until I get my hands on a 5.2 shaft, then I can toss in some comments. I'm also hoping to get some first-hand initial comments from some professional players for some added Intel. It's always great to hear different points of view.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Jam. Currently the shaft can be ordered 1 inch longer and the butt can be ordered 1 inch longer. There is also an extension that goes on the butt.

The Becue has a unique weight system that allows you to add weight in 1/2 ounce increments.

The 5.1 shaft is conical taper (continues taper) and the new 5.2 shaft is pro taper and starts shipping August 1st.

There is a break cue coming around September.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Thanks
Ricky Bryant
USA@BecueOfficial.com

Thanks, Ricky. Looks very interesting. I'm going to show it to Keith. :smile: