Volunteers needs for additional forum mods

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remember that...and I remember who took a hit defending you...
....he was banned for a short time ....
....Chris Tate would be a fine moderator.

I hope Mr Wilson is staying also.... you can't please everyone, including
me, but he does a fine job.

I absolutely agree 100 percent. From what I have ascertained about Tate on this forum and the one over on Billiards Digest many moons ago, he is a strong pool enthusiast, first and foremost, but he is also a nice guy. The quality of his posts are always topnotch and enjoyable to read. I have never read anything mean-spirited come from his fingers. He shoots from the hip and his heart. :)

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Hey, who's this Tate person that you guys keep mentioning.

He does sound like a nice guy, just never heard of him before.

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I remember that...and I remember who took a hit defending you...
....he was banned for a short time ....
....Chris Tate would be a fine moderator.

Agree 110% :thumbup2:

I hope Mr Wilson is staying also.... you can't please everyone, including
me, but he does a fine job.

He does an ok Job :boring2:

Last edited:

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Whoever is chosen for this thankless job should post under an alias. There's too many personal beefs on this forum. For a moderator to be neutral, this is a tough task for a "regular."

A moderator with no knowledge or history of the members of this forum, that would be ideal, though I'm sure this is an impossible request.

I think you would make a great one. :smile:

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It has been a long time coming, but we are looking for volunteers who would be interested in being official mods for the forums.

Things have just gotten too big for one person to be expected to keep an eye on everything.

Feel free to chime in here or send me a PM if you are interested.

While it doesn't offer financial incentives, you would be earning lots of .

Last edited:

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two posters who seem to be qualified as mods are JoeyA and Neil. They have a good grasp of forum procedure and would be fair in their decisions. They may disagree with me, but it wouldn't be the first time. :wink:

Best,
Mike

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
If I were a mod I'd certainly not want professional players posting here

What about "The Mod is the Teacher?" I'm able and willing to serve.

If I were a mod I'd certainly not want professional players posting here, unless they had the "inside touch". ;)

I can hear the dislike-rs now. :thumbup:

Two posters who seem to be qualified as mods are JoeyA and Neil. They have a good grasp of forum procedure and would be fair in their decisions. They may disagree with me, but it wouldn't be the first time. :wink:

Best,
Mike

Bar-Banger

Registered
I'll throw my hat into the ring.

I'm a calm, level headed guy who although doesn't post much, and this account is showing as fairly new, (forgot what my old account was when I wanted to post something again after not posting for years) has been visiting the site for years and years. I have no grudges or allegiances to anyone or any cliques.

On average I'm on the forums a few times a day looking for good stuff already and since I am self employed I can dedicate a decent amount of time during the day to help out where needed.

Having said all that, I am an IT guy by trade and hobby and have been involved with BBS's ad forums for over 25 years. I have done everything from mod'ing forums to setting them up for clients to use for their own client communications and Q&A.

If you would like more info please feel free to ask. Private info through PM to admins only obviously.

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What about "The Mod is the Teacher?" I'm able and willing to serve.

If I were a mod I'd certainly not want professional players posting here, unless they had the "inside touch". ;)

I can hear the dislike-rs now. :thumbup:

I didn't think you'd be interested with your busy schedule. Absolutely! Your even tempered personality would be just what we need. I vote, yes. :thumbup:

JoeW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So who are the new moderators? I haven't been around much lately and would like to know. Thanks

Sev

I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Silver Member
I think my post count might disqualify me for the position.

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
As far as I can see cleitonrocha has been added as a moderator for the W/FS forum and that's it.

gr. Dave