Smorgass Bored

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
Missing you like crazy

I miss you sweetie so much, especially these days. I went to our favorite restaurant on our anniversary and bought myself a nice thick steak as you would have wanted me to have. I am taking us back to New Orleans soon. Cleaning up, I found so many notes you wrote not just to me but about things in general, pool tourneys you ran for Kenny at Planet 9 Ball the wheel chair tournaments handicapping players books you ordered, Soprano seasons you watched on DVD, cards you wrote for special occassions to me. I got a laugh or two from them, and some I shed quite a few tears over. I think you are proud of me these days. You said it before you left me, that I was a strong person with lots of life ahead of me and I will do fine on my own. Wow, I have been faced with more challenges then I think you had in mind when you said that to me. I am doing it, and I do feel your presence around me. I wake with new thoughts that were not in my head the nights before, and I am sure you have visited me and put them there. Unfortunately I sleep so damn sound I did not see you. I hate to leave our memories here because most of life was here in Tampa. We only had about 3 years together in New Orleans. I will go back to our places and try to squeeze into those memories for as long as I can and as long as it feels right. Thank goodness for your kind friends on AZB who have offered their friendship, support and opened their hearts to me.
I love you Mr. Doug always will. Come see me soon.

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
I miss you sweetie so much, especially these days. I went to our favorite restaurant on our anniversary and bought myself a nice thick steak as you would have wanted me to have. I am taking us back to New Orleans soon. Cleaning up, I found so many notes you wrote not just to me but about things in general, pool tourneys you ran for Kenny at Planet 9 Ball the wheel chair tournaments handicapping players books you ordered, Soprano seasons you watched on DVD, cards you wrote for special occassions to me. I got a laugh or two from them, and some I shed quite a few tears over. I think you are proud of me these days. You said it before you left me, that I was a strong person with lots of life ahead of me and I will do fine on my own. Wow, I have been faced with more challenges then I think you had in mind when you said that to me. I am doing it, and I do feel your presence around me. I wake with new thoughts that were not in my head the nights before, and I am sure you have visited me and put them there. Unfortunately I sleep so damn sound I did not see you. I hate to leave our memories here because most of life was here in Tampa. We only had about 3 years together in New Orleans. I will go back to our places and try to squeeze into those memories for as long as I can and as long as it feels right. Thank goodness for your kind friends on AZB who have offered their friendship, support and opened their hearts to me.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. You are strong and we too are proud of you. It is never an easy thing going through this -- I can empathize; however, will not go into my situations as this is not the place to do so. Please know you are in our hearts and thoughts on a daily basis. I cannot make a post without thinking of Doug and how he would approach certain issues/threads -- especially those in need of his enlightenment. He is guiding many of us here too -- his presence will be on AZ forever that is a certainty!

Respectfully,

Bob

Last edited:

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member

Me thinks that Smorgie was a very, very, lucky man. IMO.

Jimmy

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
Me thinks that Smorgie was a very, very, lucky man. IMO.

Jimmy

3326794623_6c8136f699.jpg

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member

We should all be so lucky to have someone great in our life-

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
Happy-New-Year-Animated-Text-stars-01.gif

Your wisdom has gotten me through another year. My thoughts will be with you throughout 2010. My hopes are to continue to follow The Master's example.

Love You Doug,

Bob

smokey

let's roll
Silver Member
hey barb...

i miss you...

and of course i miss smorgie, but i hope to see/read your messages once in a while.

i want to say that for "ALL" of us. you have "friends for 'life' here".

i will send you a PM this weekend thanking you for the gift. it meant a lot to me as i guess you knew it would...

all the best,
smokey

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
i miss you...

and of course i miss smorgie, but i hope to see/read your messages once in a while.

i want to say that for "ALL" of us. you have "friends for 'life' here".

i will send you a PM this weekend thanking you for the gift. it meant a lot to me as i guess you knew it would...

all the best,
smokey

Hey Big Fish (Smorg), I know you saw that bud! It's true too!

Last edited:

jgpool

Cue ball draw with this?
Silver Member
Every post.

I think of him every time I post. To me he is AZBILLIARDS. :)

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
never thought he was that kind of a guy . . .

Smorg owes me some reps.:thumbup:

I never thought Smorg was the kind of a guy to let a little thing like dying keep him from posted or more importantly giving out and getting rep!

Working on maxing out Smorg's rep now, then I think the mod's need to change his handle to *****Smorgass Bored ***** so he will be forever at the top of the page where he will always be remembered as being anyway.

Hu

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
Finally able to pass some rep to yea Doug. I gotta nit issue that you can handle for me bud.

Last edited:

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
Memorial Day - Semper Fi, Doug

Doug, I am thinking about you on this Memorial day weekend. The holidays are not the same without you here. I made hamburgers when I came home from the Flea Market this afternoon, and wished you were here with me to enjoy them. I love you and thank you and also all our friends both here and gone who made the sacrifices to serve in the military for us.
Can't believe its been over a year already.

Love Barbara

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Great to hear from you!

Doug, I am thinking about you on this Memorial day weekend. The holidays are not the same without you here. I made hamburgers when I came home from the Flea Market this afternoon, and wished you were here with me to enjoy them. I love you and thank you and also all our friends both here and gone who made the sacrifices to serve in the military for us.

Love Barbara

Barbara,

Neither Doug or you are forgotten. It's great to see you post and great to see the respect that you and many of us hold for our vets and those serving on Memorial Day. It's never been more important to remember our people in the military, past and present.

Hu

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member

Love Barbara

Happy Memorial Day, Barbara.

JoeyA

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member

Love Barbara

We still miss him, also, but I cannot begin to understand how it must be for you. Thoughts are with you always - we think of Doug AND you all the time.

smokey

let's roll
Silver Member
hey Doug & Barb...

thank you both so much for your posts - they mean a lot to all of us

Smorgie, what can i say, but we miss you and your humor & intellect

Barb, thanks for keeping Smorgie alive here, it is always so gratifying to see there is another message from you both! it just brings back old times. and thank you so much for taking the time to think about all of us

all the best
miles

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
I feel like I should reply, and at the same time what can I say? It's been a long time since I was here, and longer still since I last saw Doug.

When I returned to playing pool one of my first thoughts was of RSB and the fun we used to have. I miss Doug and the way he always brought a smile to everyone's face. He was a great man Barb, we all miss him.

smokey

let's roll
Silver Member
hey smorgie...

i was known here as a hot head, but be warned i am also really, really smart and really, really truthful...

here's the deal - just so you know smorgie

AZ has let you fall to the 15th position of GREEN!!!!

after all you gave here, and even died here, nobody is showing the respect you deserve - i'm appalled

smorgie, i came here to tell you something and i want to share it with you my old friend even through the above heartache:

i just became a grandfather my friend!

Mike, Brandy, Dave - i am so shocked - this is a shame for all of us

just my opinion - smorgie should always be the Rep King! PERIOD!!!!

wish you all well,
smokey