Pool Team Names: Clever, Funny, Great, Strange...

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hello all;

Was wondering what team names are out there that you consider to be Clever, Funny, Great, or even Strange.

A very funny one I heard of recently is a team Borana is on named "I'd Hit That". :grin-square:

I played on a team called the Devil's Advocates which was mostly made up of guys from Central America and me. I was messing with them one day over their pronunciation of our team name and it morphed to "Diablo's Avocados". We all thought it was pretty funny, although somewhat lame, but we officially changed our team name and I even had a graphics friend make up a new logo.

What Clever, Funny, Great, or Strange names do you know?

Best,
Brian kc

Attachments

• diabloavocados2.jpg
    diabloavocados2.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 52,728
Last edited:

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member
The best team name is saw was listed on the APA's list of disallowed names: "Kwitcher*****in"

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
During this past Super Billiards Expo, when taking a stroll in the downstairs level of the V.F. convention center, they have a constant stream of team match-up announcements and results over the P.A. system.

I about lost my footing on the stairs when I heard over the P.A. system, "[so-and-so team] will now play Tap That @ss. Will [so-and-so team] please take your positions around Table #134, and Tap That @ss as well?"

:rotflmao1: <-- picture me in this position, sliding and bouncing down the stairs

:D

-Sean

8ballEinstein

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As I was looking for my teams' table assignment at the recent BCA, I noticed one team named "Just the Tip".

leehayes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My teams name is Don't Have a Stroke.
We named it that because the captain is 62 and looks like he might have a stroke.....two weeks into our first session he had a minor heartattack. Not funny at that point.....maybe we should have changed the name.

TXsouthpaw

My tush hog
Silver Member
As I was looking for my teams' table assignment at the recent BCA, I noticed one team named "Just the Tip".

I like that one. Dont know how many drunk nights ive uttered that phrase.:eek: lol j/k but seriousely that one and chalk is cheap are good.

Big_H515

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

So I was looking through this thread and found post #12..."Born to Loose"
Maybe Richardson will correct me if I'm wrong, but could that have been the team from Canada that we played way back when we took 5th at nationals?

They had some story about how the guy who made the shirts messed up but they didn't have time to get new ones. And one guy had a hot pink cue.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Big Perm

1pkt 14.1 8 Banks 9 10
Silver Member
IRBSTM - I'd rather be spanking the monkey
Nolo Contendre - espanol for no contest
Why does it burn when I pee? - self explanatory
Afternoon Alcoholics
Stroke me long, stroke me hard

Mike in MN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I told my team captain I want our team name for next season to be "The Bus Boys." When he asked why, I said, "Because we clear tables." I'm pushing for that one.

mm4pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
best i have seen is "off constantly". i would hate to be the team that prevails in that match, lol

Mike

tjohns

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Team name

In our league there'a team called 8 balls and a rack.Ya, you guessed it.there's 4 guys and 1 gal on that team.

yankeepapa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool Team Names

This year's thread lists names that are a bit more risque' than last year's.

A couple year's ago, Sedro-Woolley WA had a mixed team called "Three in the Pink - One in the Stink".

I was not on this team. Don't call me Stinky.

pete

Mike in MN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
best i have seen is "off constantly". i would hate to be the team that prevails in that match, lol

Mike

All due respect, that is HORRIBLY overused (at least in my league experiences). Maybe I'm numb to it, but after seeing different teams jostle for it for the past six years, I just don't get a giggle out of it anymore.