Value of an excellent condition GC4

Wieguns

Banger
Silver Member
There is an excellent condition GC 4 available in area, and the seller is asking best offer. I'm planning to go look at it in a couple days, but was wondering what a value range may before for this table?

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
Check to be sure the pocket castings and feet are in perfect shape and do not need to be powder coated. Bad prep at the casting/plating vendor caused a lot of castings to corrode from the inside out. They can be salvaged with power coating $250 or replacement $450.
I used “Antique Gold Vein” powder coating to brighten up the finish. The vein finish will hide any pitting.
Here’s the New Castings...https://www.classicbilliards.net/an...tory-finish-bronze-gold-crown-4-castings.html

Look for ball dents on the top of the rails.

Damage to the arch of the pedestal from vacuum cleaners is common.

Look for damaged skirts, ball box, cracked ears on pocket castings.

If you do buy it know that you will need to add a bracket to each corner to keep the end supports from sagging.
It’s an easy fix and will prevent any future problems.
RKC has the info on this fix.
Your Table Mech should know how and why this needs to be done.
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=132657

$1,500 to $3,500 depending on the shape. I got one in great shape but bad castings for $1,200.

Last edited:

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is an excellent condition GC 4 available in area, and the seller is asking best offer. I'm planning to go look at it in a couple days, but was wondering what a value range may before for this table?

The black ones had a higher list price to begin with. My black one is probably 15 years old and hasn't sagged but I just installed the brackets just in case.

I think a brown one for 1500 to 2000 or black for 2000 to 2500

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Might need new cushions. In very good condition around $2500...maybe more. Have a mechanic look at it.

Last edited: